10points 3.mq4 - page 56

Direction

mtaboneweb:
Here is my sad results this morning for the EUR/USD and USD/CHF which both lost after the 6th positions. Any thoughts?

As has been mentioned before this EA seems to rely on getting out of trouble by increasing the increment and by needing a relatively small reversal to get out of jail. It fails when that reversal doesn't occur so it's weakness is in incorrectly forcasting the direction of the trade. Obviously if MaxTrades10 is used the chance of closing unprofitably is considerably reduced but a much larger account would be needed to avoid a margin call.

This seems to have been addressed with Terminator with it's various options to trade.

But having said that here is my detailed statement of 10points 3 Dynamic Stop for this week in which I reduced the pairs to just EURUSD and am currently in profit. I previously mentioned that reducing the number of pairs and increasing the unit start was a direction that I would test.

On the second account MaxTrades5 has failed again this week with GBPUSD.

John

Files:

tf

I had 2 demos on minis last night and 1 made $ 38 and the other lost $1351. It just depended on entry time, but even the 38 wasn't worth the risk, because both of them were in the last level before closing (auto). Back to the idea of different increments for diffenent pairs. No I don't have a good way to close them yet. I'm still playing with the ideas of entering at different levels. If you used the fibonnacci #'s for entering lots, you would not have much at risk in the early stages and less than now at the later stages. So you would buy lots incrementally 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13 which would let you go 2 step farther than you are now with no more risk. On the take profit side, once the currency pair has moved near the end of its range, normally you can expect a 38% retracement, so the take profit could be set at 38 on the last lots purchased. However, I still don't know how to set the take profit in the middle ranges or what to base it off of. So now instead of using 4 for your decision on pip step, you could use 6. 100/6 = 17 and you still have another 17 left if it runs outside the 100 (normal move, eur/usd).These are just ideas that I observe and think about. There is nothing concrete here yet.

As far as setting it (EA) up to make a decision to enter a trade, make it align with at least 3 indicators before it can enter either long or short. macd by itself is a poor indicator, but combined with 2 others, can become very powerful.

TimeZone setting

mtaboneweb,

Your TimeZone=16.

Could you explain that option a little bit more ?

Thank you

tomstaufer:
mtaboneweb,

Your TimeZone=16.

Could you explain that option a little bit more ?

Thank you

TimeZone only appears in the code here and only affects Pivot Lines option 1 beyond that I have no idea what would happen if it were changed.

int OpenOrdersBasedOnPivot()

{

int myOrderType=3;

double iTmp=0;

iTmp = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Pivot Lines TimeZone",TimeZone,true,false,false,0,0);

//Print("Pivot:",iTmp);

if (Close[0]>iTmp) { myOrderType = 2; }

if (Close[0]<iTmp) { myOrderType = 1; }

return(myOrderType);

John

Terminator Option 1 Results

OpenOrdersBasedOn is set to...

1=Pivot Point Time Zone

This is being run on Demo Account 1 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 2 Results

2=Support and Resistance

This is being run on Demo Account 2 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 3 Results

3=i_Trend RSI

This is being run on Demo Account 3 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 4 Results

4=i_TrendRSIStoch

This is being run on Demo Account 4 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 5 Results

5=i-TrendRSIStochMoneyFlowIndex

This is being run on Demo Account 5 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 1 Results (Other Pairs)

1=Pivot Point Time Zone

This is being run on Demo Account 6 on the following pairs...

AUD/USD

EUR/CHF

USD/CAD

GBP/JPY

EUR/JPY

GBP/CHF

EUR/GBP

EUR/AUD

This demo has also been running for less time than the rest and looks to be doing very well on the other currency pairs.

Reason: