10points 3.mq4 - page 57

Terminator and other pairs

I have recently learned how to reveal other currencies by right clicking in the market window and selecting show all. At the time I started the 6th demo account the 8 pairs I chose were all that I saw at the time. Now that I see more currencies to choose from there may be other pairs that work well.

I've been brainstorming ideas for increasing profit from existing trades by managing SL levels. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175481 has my ideas. One thing that 10points3 may take advantage of specifically is Group behavior I mentioned.

If a trade becomes profitable, you may want to set the SL to breakeven.

If a group of 6 trades enters at the same time, you may want to exit trade1 at a profit, and set the trade2-trade6 to have that profit level as a SL.

There are many more ideas, but those are the two that I thought of most regarding 10points3.

Such a good idea

daraknor:
I've been brainstorming ideas for increasing profit from existing trades by managing SL levels. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175481 has my ideas. One thing that 10points3 may take advantage of specifically is Group behavior I mentioned.

If a trade becomes profitable, you may want to set the SL to breakeven.

If a group of 6 trades enters at the same time, you may want to exit trade1 at a profit, and set the trade2-trade6 to have that profit level as a SL.

There are many more ideas, but those are the two that I thought of most regarding 10points3.

Agree. That's what I've been thinkin so far. If either 1 of them(Multilot Scalper, 10Point3, DLM can slot your idea in, that will be brilliant. But if we're talking about mode 1(Open trade based on PIVOT), I still can't figure out an idea how to eliminate the huge drawdown, unless manually close all position with a tiny loss during GMT0000(forecast reversal by RSI+Vegastunnel, again... am I fully understand the meaning of robot trading???).

Well these methods aren't designed to prevent you from loosing on a bad trade. There are different strategies, but almost all of them are designed so you don't loose on a *good* trade. One of them is designed to take more profit than your TP level.

Trading on pivots is something I do, but I use Murrey Math Support/Resistance levels. Perhaps adding that as a confirmation would reduce the number of bad trades?

I should also add that I have about 5 strategies in that thread so far. With possibly one exception, they can be used as an assistant to manual trading, or as an assistant to an EA.

So any conclussion as so far, which one is the best 10point3 or terminator then

Terminator Option 1 Results

OpenOrdersBasedOn is set to...

1=Pivot Point Time Zone

This is being run on Demo Account 1 on the 4 suggested pairs.

EUR/USD

24 Trades
$118.00 Profit/Loss

GBP/USD

46 Trades
$323.11 Profit/Loss

USD/CHF

20 Trades
$29.96 Profit/Loss

USD/JPY

27 Trades
$355.78 Profit/Loss

Since the 6th demo account runs option 1 as well but on different currency pairs I decided to include the results along with this post. I also added the rest of the pairs that InterbankFX would allow me to trade on a live account.

AUD/USD

1 Trades
$38.00 Profit/Loss

GBP/JPY

12 Trades
$-229.91 Profit/Loss

EUR/CAD

3 Trades
$115.09 Profit/Loss

USD/CAD

2 Trades
$85.65 Profit/Loss

GBP/CHF

10 Trades
$428.78 Profit/Loss

AUD/CAD

0 Trades
$0.00 Profit/Loss

EUR/JPY

5 Trades
$201.52 Profit/Loss

EUR/AUD

16 Trades
$803.22 Profit/Loss

AUD/JPY

4 Trades
$304.08 Profit/Loss

EUR/GBP

0 Trades
$0.00 Profit/Loss

NZD/USD

0 Trades
$0.00 Profit/Loss

NZD/JPY

1 Trades
$28.18 Profit/Loss

EUR/CHF

0 Trades
$0.00 Profit/Loss

CHF/JPY

1 Trades
$32.46 Profit/Loss

AUD/NZD

3 Trades
$117.45 Profit/Loss

I am not looking so much at how much money is made by a certain pair because these numbers are unrealistic for a real account with a low balance. I am more concerned about how many trades and does the profit seem to be significant. If a pair made 15 trades and only had a $30.00 profit where another pair had 5 trades and had a $200.00 profit then I would say it was less risk and a chance that it worked better with the 2nd pair.

What I have found so far is that some of the other pairs outside of the 4 suggested actually do well and that out of the 4 suggested that the GBP/USD and USD/JPY have actually been performing better that the EUR/USD (by a little) and much better than the USD/CHF which hasn't done well at all so far. I think the suggestions of possibly resetting S/L to break even in some cases may be a good idea along with some of the other thoughts mentioned. I have thought in the past couple of weeks that if you have to go to a 3rd, 4th, etc. position than wouldn't it be better to limit your lossess by closing earlier positions that would never make it back to a profitable position anyways? I realize that the early positions are worth far less as you increase your number of open trades but why drag them all the way down when you know they will be losers anyways, right?

Terminator Option 2 Results

2=Support and Resistance

This is being run on Demo Account 2 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 3 Results

3=i_Trend RSI

This is being run on Demo Account 3 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Terminator Option 4 Results

4=i_TrendRSIStoch

This is being run on Demo Account 4 on the 4 suggested pairs.

Reason: