10points 3.mq4 - page 430

snowyHH:
hi,

a very simple setup is shown in this forum, the guy who introduced this strategy trades this thing at H1 and H4 with simple rules: tdi has to cross and the trade has to be entered at the first or second turning (heiken ashi) candle. in manual trading this strategy is very successful, but you have to observe several other things like switching to lower timeframes for better entries, the greater trend, the angle of the crossing tdi-lines (sharper = better),....

so i don't know if this can be implemented in an automated script.

and about the exits? i'am not sure.. in manual trading i set an initial sl, after the trade is in profit, i set the sl 1 pip above breakeven, and then mostly i set a trailing stop. or, if i have time to watch the trade, i increase the sl manually depending on the price action-swings (M1 or M5 tf). i think your example of trigger events is a very good start.

Thanks for the info SnowyHH. Yes, this strategy sounds very subjective making it difficult to quantify in numbers. If there is continued interest, I will consider posting on the thread you suggest.

Changed out all the indicators in smi version and now using Tdi, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma, on Tdi using cross red green if yellow Tdi below 50 and sloping down and heiken has 2 bars red and the period low less than ma low for sell, and opposite for buy. Back testing seemed to give better results as i raised the time frame and lowered the rsi period.

Files:

On this version did TDI a little differently seems to be better back test, only thing need to change is TDI to TDI-1, the mtf version is to follow along.

As a battlefield

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

Files:

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

AUDJPY: 1431 dollars

EURCHF: 2213

EURJPY: 641

EURUSD: 1265

USDCHF: 2076

USDJPY: 328

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 87 dollars

EURCHF: 284

EURJPY: -31

EURUSD: 417

USDCHF: 177

USDJPY: 108

====================

It is Metatrader statement:

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

For all 6 pairs:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

metatrader statements and statements by pairs were made in different pairs so it may be some small variance in profit for dollars because of that.

----------

My comments for this week:

Drawdown was big for USDCHF.

Some pairs are profitable in pips calculation. It means that it will be profitable in case of fix lot size with no any martingale.

Just about p/l in 4 digit pips since the beginning of the trading (14 august)

AUDJPY: 405

EURCHF: 1380

EURJPY: -197

EURUSD: 999

USDCHF: 64

USDJPY: 544

That's all news

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

wow. while we were talking and discussing around, you were quiet and working on this thing. and now you step in and say: BAM! here you have it!

i will test it in demotrading as soon as possible. thank you very much for your work!

edit: one question i forgot: do we have to attach all indicators to the chart?

snowyHH:
wow. while we were talking and discussing around, you were quiet and working on this thing. and now you step in and say: BAM! here you have it!

i will test it in demotrading as soon as possible. thank you very much for your work!

No just need the Heiken Ashi2 and TDI or TDI-1 in your indicators folder depending on what version you use, the others are for watching how things are working.

ok, thank you!

i just set up a demo account with the 10p3 Easy, starting balance 1k EUR. i changed the settings to initial stop 60 and trailing stop 20 with break even 10 (will increase this after getting the first results). the EA is running in M30 timeframe.

i was a little bit shocked. after i set up everything, i enabled EA and directly it opened 6 trades (1 for every pair). i am so very curious about the results!

link for live demo here.

i will set up a second account for "Easy-1" as soon as possible.

edit: link for Easy-1 here.

maybe i set the lotsize too big for a starting balance of 1k EUR and trading with 6 pairs at the same time... will see.

Thank you sir

mrtools:
On this version did TDI a little differently seems to be better back test, only thing need to change is TDI to TDI-1, the mtf version is to follow along.

Thank you sir for the great job, may the lord God in his infinit mercy bless you for this. I will do some backtest and forward test n post results.

Thanks

snowyHH:

I second that. Mr. Tools, you are a ninja lying in wait. Thanks. Will test as well.

SnowyHH, EA's generally require indicators to be in the indicators folder, not attached to the chart. I like to attach them to the chart anyway, so I can follow along with the EA's operation. Note that getting the chart indicator's time frame, period, etc. to match the EA indicator's time frame, period, etc. may involve opening the EA in Metaeditor and going to the appropriate code to find out what they are. Depends on whether the EA uses the indicators default settings or not.

Reason: