10points 3.mq4 - page 434

snowyHH:
today was a great day for the "10points3 NO martingale", after the last week the market went slowly in a side-range. it seems that the EA respectively the signals are much much better in fast rising or falling markets.

live statement 10points3 NO martingale fixed TP

live statement 10points3 NO martingale with trailing sl

Solid testing!

Thanks.

i just reduced the SL in both setups to 45. i analyzed a little bit and only a few winning trades went more than 40 pips in the wrong direction before turning back into profit. i think these changes could reduce the overall loss. thanks for the thoughts about that to a great contributor!

mrtools:

could you add a further option? i would like to have a break even setting, which is independent from the trailing stop. for explanation:

breakeven = 10 pips (already implemented)

breakevenpips = 1 (new option)

trailing stop = 20 (already implemented)

if the trade reaches 10 pips profit (breakeven = 10 pips), the breakeven-point is activated and sets the SL to 1 pip above entry (breakevenpips = 1). after further 20 pips in profit the trailing stop begins to run (trailing stop = 20).

so i can safe the trade when the profit is at 10 pips, but i don't have to tighten the trailing stop to 10 pips (which is much too tight).

would this be possible?

pls help

hello house, can someone pls help me do a backtest with 10points3_smi_101 (the one on post no 4090) on gbp/usd and gbp/jpy 1M from 2008 to present on $1000 start capital, i do not have data history to do it my self, since this bot works better in ranging pairs i think gu and gj should produce great results. I am looking forward to adding these pairs to the one currently been traded by this bot on my live acc, any effort will be highly apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Fmfx1:
hello house, can someone pls help me do a backtest with 10points3_smi_101 (the one on post no 4090) on gbp/usd and gbp/jpy 1M from 2008 to present on $1000 start capital, i do not have data history to do it my self, since this bot works better in ranging pairs i think gu and gj should produce great results. I am looking forward to adding these pairs to the one currently been traded by this bot on my live acc, any effort will be highly apreciated. Thanks in advance

You really need to test on your own platform, your own dealer, and your own data feed (see Newdigital's post#4331 above). I have substantially different results than Newdigital with exactly the same (4090) setup. By sharing our respective charts, I can see that my price action is much less volatile--so less martingales opened. FYI, my dealer doesn't offer real history data so I don't bother backtesting on generic MetaQuotes data anyway. Also, I haven't figured out how to get Strategy Tester to recognize my ECN-type stops or any multi time frame indicators. I avoided all these problems by forward testing on demo (my demo feed is very close to my live feed). Hope this helps.

Much Thanks

Thanks Rjo. I dont have backtest data so i cant do any backtest, do you know of where i can get any ? I use alpari NZ

RJo:
You really need to test on your own platform, your own dealer, and your own data feed (see Newdigital's post#4331 above). I have substantially different results than Newdigital with exactly the same (4090) setup. By sharing our respective charts, I can see that my price action is much less volatile--so less martingales opened. FYI, my dealer doesn't offer real history data so I don't bother backtesting on generic MetaQuotes data anyway. Also, I haven't figured out how to get Strategy Tester to recognize my ECN-type stops or any multi time frame indicators. I avoided all these problems by forward testing on demo (my demo feed is very close to my live feed). Hope this helps.

Much Thanks

RJo:

Thanks Rjo, i dont have history data so i cant do any backtest. Do you know of where i can get any? I use alpari NZ. Thanks

for the martingale-fans here:

today i set up a 10points3 - demo and named it "mini martingale". the goal is, to make many many small trades (like a scalper), not staying too long in the trades and to minimize the risk.

settings:

takeprofit: 15

pips: 5

orderstoprotect: 5

everything else as in the settings provided by newdigital (i think).

pairs: eurusd, euraud, eurjpy, gbpusd, audusd, gbpjpy

additionally on this account i run the "swiss army ea", mentioned by RJo earlier in this thread (thanks!). this ea will close ALL open trades if the floating drawdown of the account reaches 30%. i think about to set up the swiss army 6 times, individually for each pair, so that this ea closes only the orders in the pair with the drawdown.. i don't know yet.

Live Demo on Myfxbook

explanation about the 26 losing trades in a row at the beginning, all are between 2 and 3 pips:

while setting up the swiss army, i did some wrong setting. in the moment, the 10p3 opened an euraud-trade, the swiss army closed it immediately. the 10p3 tried again - close again. this whole thing 26 times! very funny to watch this action.. but now everything runs fine.

Fmfx1:
Thanks Rjo, i dont have history data so i cant do any backtest. Do you know of where i can get any? I use alpari NZ. Thanks

I'm with IBFX, but here's Alpari specific instructions/data: Quote Archive. Forex with Alpari

Thanks

Thanks Rjo, i realy appreciate this. Bless

RJo:
I'm with IBFX, but here's Alpari specific instructions/data: Quote Archive. Forex with Alpari
Reason: