10points 3.mq4 - page 423

Why SL = TP?

Hi, newdigital and mrtools,

I am demo testing now. Please see attached image. Why SL=TP? Is it a bug?

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

Files:

I do not know. May be - something with your settings?

forexjim:
Hi, newdigital and mrtools,

I am demo testing now. Please see attached image. Why SL=TP? Is it a bug?

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

May need to increase your martingale lot size, had this problem with ibfx and changed, extern double lotincrease from 1.63 to 2, can't remember exactly the reason.

Live trades.

mrtools:
May need to increase your martingale lot size, had this problem with ibfx and changed, extern double lotincrease from 1.63 to 2, can't remember exactly the reason.

Hi, mrtools,

Please see the live trades below. Same problem of SL=TP and positions not closing in profit. Tried 1.63 to 2, problem the same.

Where is the bug?

Thanks for debugging.

forexjim

Files:
live_trades.jpg  20 kb

forexjim:
Hi, mrtools,

Please see the live trades below. Same problem of SL=TP and positions not closing in profit. Tried 1.63 to 2, problem the same.

Where is the bug?

Thanks for debugging.

forexjim

Don't know,may i ask what settings are you using?

The error occurs randomly.

mrtools:
Don't know,may i ask what settings are you using?

Hi, mrtools,

my setting is from posting #4090.

The following shows some trade series show the bug, some normal in the same testing.

Well, the EA is unsafe to use unless the bug can be removed.

Do you agree?

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi, mrtools,

my setting is from posting #4090.

The following shows some trade series show the bug, some normal in the same testing.

Well, the EA is unsafe to use unless the bug can be removed.

Do you agree?

forexjim

In your last 3 images your pip spacing is not the same, are you manually changing your pip setting, because almost certain Newdigital's settings have pips = 20, yours are different spacing.

ps) Rechecked your images and your main pip step is either 4 or 5, this is why you are having this problem, if you change it to 20 and leave it there, should be good.

hi mrtools,

i have a question, too. but about the trailing stop.

i let the EA run on different demo accounts with different settings. i also try one version of the EA withoutmartingale to see, if it's profitable, too. i set a trailing stop of 20 pips, but the trailing stop never worked so far. please see the screenshot. the eur/usd pair is 22 pips in profit, but the S/L doesn't change. attached you find also my settings for this EA. maybe you can see why this isn't working?

many thanks!

mrtools:
In your last 3 images your pip spacing is not the same, are you manually changing your pip setting, because almost certain Newdigital's settings have pips = 20, yours are different spacing. ps) Rechecked your images and your main pip step is either 4 or 5, this is why you are having this problem, if you change it to 20 and leave it there, should be good.

Hi, mrtools,

Please see below. Pips at 20, bug still there. Your testing statements don't show this bug? I tried two computers, two broker platforms. The bug is always there.

Thanks.

forexjim

Will change out the trailing stop tonight when i get home, Thanks Forexjim and SnowyHH.

Reason: