10points 3.mq4 - page 427

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

AUDJPY: 1343 dollars

EURCHF: 1928

EURJPY: 673

EURUSD: 847

USDCHF: 1898

USDJPY: 220

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 679 dollars

EURCHF: 250

EURJPY: 77

EURUSD: 318

USDCHF: 732

USDJPY: 23

====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

For all 6 pairs:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

metatrader statements and statements by pairs were made in different pairs so it may be some small variance in profit for dollars because of that.

----------

My comments for this week:

Drawdown was not big one for all trading pairs.

Many the pairs were profitable in pips calculation. It means that it will be profitable in case of fix lot size with no any martingale.

Just about p/l in 4 digit pips since the beginning of the trading (14 august)

AUDJPY: 76

EURCHF: 798

EURJPY: 564

EURUSD: 902

USDCHF: -67

USDJPY: 305

More profit in pips - less risky to use and small maximum lot size (and less possible deposit to trade).

Just for information.

That's all news

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

newdigital:
Set file and EA: post # 4090 here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page273

Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page275

I am posting the results weekly - last week results - this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page283

EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page284 - it is the situation right now for this 3,000 account:

And all those links are here (I am trading 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA; I did not trade 10points_3_Smi_1.02a yet):

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

thanks newdigital, am working on it

jonnydenver69:
Ok lets say you have one pair, it goes to the limit and opens 10 trades ( you cant have less lots because 10 is an on average needed to cover big moves), opening a trade every 20 ticks. so the last trade at the biggest lot will take profit at 50 pips will cut all other trades.. You've risked 200 ticks to make 50..At that R/R it doesn't make sense.

Due to how this EA scales into the market (as opposed to averaging down), any Risk/Reward analysis would have to take progressive lot sizing into consideration.

For example, if the EA goes to the limit and opens 10 trades:

mLots Pips P/L

0.01 x -150 = -1.5

0.02 x -130 = -2.6

0.03 x -110 = -3.3

0.05 x -90 = -4.5

0.08 x -70 = -5.6

0.13 x -50 = -6.5

0.21 x -30 = -6.3

0.34 x 10 = 3.4

0.55 x 30 = 16.5

0.90 x 50 = 45.0

Loss = -30.3

Profit = 64.9

I don't know how to express this as a Risk/Reward ratio, but that's a net gain of 34.6 units, assuming a starting lot size of 0.01, pip step 20, lot increase 1.63, and no stop loss (0), AND assuming the EA goes to the limit of 10 trades. I should note that I have not yet seen this scenario forward testing EUR/USD M1 on IBFX--US mini demo. So far, the EA has taken profit before maxing out. As far as 10 trades being the ultimate goal, I'd be happy going only 5 or 6 trades deep for eternity if I were foolish enough to believe that any EA could do so without losing big someday.

Therefore, let's say I place an opposite pending order 220 pips from the 1st trade to potentially close all open trades (in this example, 2.32 mLots). NOTE: This may create a hedge trade depending on who/where your dealer is. Here in the US, this limits my worst case scenario (stop loss) to -117.2 units (adjusting the Pips numbers above to -200 thru -20). We might say that I'm risking 117.2 units to gain 34.6 units in a pure Risk/Reward calculation, but consider that there are 10 separate opportunities to take profit before the stop loss can be triggered and one of these take profits, in fact, generally triggers. I would usually look to Strategy Tester to quantify these factors. Too bad it's useless for testing M1 time frame with M30 and H4 indicators and ecn take profits/stops. I'm looking to my own forward testing of this EA to see whether it makes sense... and maybe Mr. Tools' and Newdigital's track records too.

As a side note, isn't it strange that Risk/Reward theory seems to ignore the fact that a take profit twice the size of a stop loss is by definition twice as far away from my entry price--making the take profit level twice as difficult to reach? Also, a true Martingale strategy uses no stops which is the biggest and the smallest R/R ratio ever all at the same time.

Is the uneven pips space a bug?

Hi, mrtools,

Please look at the image below from live trading. This series has total loss because the pips space between positions, set at 4, was actually uneven:

1 to 2: 4pips

2 to 3: 4pips

3 to 5: 4pips

5 to 8: 5pips

8 to 13: 5pips

13 to 21: 12pips

21 to 34: 14pips

34 to 55: 14pips

Is this another bug?

Many thanks.

Jim

Files:
uneven_space.jpg  133 kb

Most series have a total loss. What is going on?

Hi, newdigital and mrtools,

EA: 10points_3_Smi_1.02a

TF: M1

Pair: EURUSD

Preset: Attached

Platform: FXCM

When you have time, could you take a look at the detailed statement attached?

Why are most series closing with a total loss?

Is it a preset error or a bug in the program?

Many thanks.

Jim

Files:
eurusd_m1.rar  174 kb

I think - it is because you have some settings as TrailingStop = 20 and BreakevenPips =20.

And as I see - many trades (especially last trade with max lot size) were closed by trailing stop or breakeven.

It is stop loss trailing stop? I mean: stop loss will start to be moved in the beginning irrespective off - the trade is in proifit or not?

I remember - someoine requested this trailing stop ... + breakeven.

Because in this kind of systems - stop loss can be used just for protection of the account in case of electricity will be switched off ... and so on. Because next martingale trade should be opened instead of trailing stop.

Or you can find the other settings.

Because creation of good EA - it is just 50% of the success. The other 50% - good settings to trade and to be profitable for as long time as possible.

It is the settings.

guys, i am configuring now this bot for more than 1 week.

my goal: removing the martingale function (too risky with small accounts), implementing fixed lot size, trailing stop and fixed sl to reduce the risk. i don't change the source-code, i tried to do these changes only with 'playing the settings'.

here are the results so far:

10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips and fixed TP of 60 pips. running since 29.08.2011 (2 weeks):

10points3 M1 no martingale System | Myfxbook

10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips, but with trailing stop (break even 30 pips). running since 05.09.2011 (only this week):

10points3 M1 no martingale + TrlSL System | Myfxbook

the results are amazing. but the most profit came yesterday and today, when the eur/usd, aud/usd, etc. came down so fast... i think on slower days the profit will not be so great.

a friend of mine uses the second version (with trailing stop) since yesterday in the evening on a live account, the profit is about 400$ so far for one day.

Hi snowyHH,

One request:

can you place/upload set files/settings for

- 10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips and fixed TP of 60 pips

and

- 10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips, but with trailing stop (break even 30 pips)

Or ... what to change in the settings of this version 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA to be non-martingale? MaxTrader = 1?

or you are using 10points_3_Smi_1.02a?

Which part of the settings can I change to turn it to non-martingale?

I do not remember sorry ...

newdigital:
Hi snowyHH,

One request:

can you place/upload set files/settings for

- 10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips and fixed TP of 60 pips

and

- 10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips, but with trailing stop (break even 30 pips)

Or ... what to change in the settings of this version 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA to be non-martingale? MaxTrader = 1?

or you are using 10points_3_Smi_1.02a?

Which part of the settings can I change to turn it to non-martingale?

I do not remember sorry ...

yes, maxtrades = 1

for "10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips and fixed TP of 60 pips" i use the version 1.01 as provided in your post #4090.

for "10points3 WITHOUT martingale, with fixed SL of 60 pips, but with trailing stop " i use the improved version 1.02a with working trailing stop (and the new break even-setting) - thanks again to mrtools!

attached you find both presets.

while i am writing this, both accounts have 2 more profitable trades... wow, today is a heavy day...

here you can see, how great the trailing stop is working in a huge fall like right now in EUR/JPY:

great!! 105 pips safe!

so sad, that it is only a demo account..

my friend with the EA in the real account is writing me right now. he wants to kiss me....

Files:
Reason: