10points 3.mq4 - page 429

Fmfx1:
hoops sorry about that, i think TDI will do the magic, i have a friend who uses TDI and he has been recording vast success.

no doubts, the TDI is a great indicator.

so, mrtools:

what information do you need to implement the TDI? would be really great if you could give it a try!

i think about increasing the SL to 120, so that the trades are not reaching the stop loss so quickly before turning in the right direction. but with sl 120 the EA must have more profitable trades to balance the bigger (120 pips) losing trades...

any suggestions?

hmm

snowyHH:
i think about increasing the SL to 120, so that the trades are not reaching the stop loss so quickly before turning in the right direction. but with sl 120 the EA must have more profitable trades to balance the bigger (120 pips) losing trades... any suggestions?

I have tried the 120 pips SL and it was not promissing as well, you can do a backtest to see result your self.

MrTools pls help with the TDI

Thanks

snowyHH:
i think about increasing the SL to 120, so that the trades are not reaching the stop loss so quickly before turning in the right direction. but with sl 120 the EA must have more profitable trades to balance the bigger (120 pips) losing trades... any suggestions?

I have been following this thread for some time and I think Mr. Tools might be a bit busy fine tuning 10points_3_smi... and power to him cuz I'm running v1.01 on my live account.

However, I bought ex4 file generator software that can produce a complex EA pretty quickly (I already made an "E.A.S.Y. Method" EA incorporating the TDI indicator, but the trigger events described by Mark Douglas at http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Systems/Traders%20Dynamics/TDI_1.pdf and the other indicators described leave a lot of room for improvement. So...

If TDI is good, someone please post a list of trigger events, i.e. Buy = Green > Red AND Green < 32.

Also need suggested time frame(s) for chart, and for indicator (These can be different as in multi time frame indicators).

Just a note... My software does not generate mql code, just the ex4. But the EA would have a list of adjustable parameters, i.e. SL,TS, TP, Lot size, etc. Also, cannot generate Martingale system.

A while ago, someome also asked about a Range Bars indicator. I found a script that produces a real time offline chart using range bars. Runs indicators too. I can post if needed.

Just post and let me know.

Tdi ea

traders_dynamic_index.mq4tdi_ea.ex4tdi.tpl

Here is a TDI EA hot off the press (UNTESTED) along with indicator and chart template. You must save the mq4 file to your indicators folder and the ex4 file to your experts folder of MT4. If you want to watch the matching indicator in action, either save the tpl file to your templates folder and load it to your chart OR just change RSI_Price_Type parameter to 2 and Trade_Signal_Type to 2 (the EA uses a TDI with smooth moving averages to reduce noise). For a complete description of EA parameters, see: http://www.molanis.com/images/stories/molanis/Strategy_Builder_User_Guide.pdf and go to page 12.

Please test in demo ONLY, post results, and suggest changes.

Files:

newdigital:
as a battlefield

[attach=config]126101[/attach]

===================

-10points_3_smi_1.01 ea with settings for m1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- ea is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_smi_1.02a ea is on this post: Changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the eas with pre-set files and trading results - read this post.

ibfx

[attach=config]126115[/attach]

Files:
0.01_mlot.gif  40 kb

I am using it for Alpari and FXCM.

Same EA/settings.

For example - EURUSD:

this martingale cycle was closed with lot size = 0.55 as the last one/max (see image on previous post), but example same cycle was closed for FXCM with 0.21. I mean: It was more dangerous for Alpari because I hade 2 more trades with 0.34 and 0.55.

I think - datafeed may be different for FXCM and Alpari especially for M1 timeframe (I had this problem few years ago trying to compare Alpari and IBFX for example).

Hi RJo,

If it is ex4 file only so nothing to discuss here ...

Many years ago I used 2 tools to create EAs (and both tools can create mql4 file; and one of those tool I bought for 12 dollars many years ago:)). But sorry - if we are talking about this 10p with martingale + breakeven and more - so it will be impossible to change something inside ex4.

Let's wait when MrTools will create something using TDI.

But I want to say that it may be same case: trading many pairs, after that - select 1 or 2 pairs and select good settings finally. So, every version/variation of this EA will required it soon or later. I mean: it is better to do it using opened code.

newdigital:
I am using it for Alpari and FXCM.

Same EA/settings.

For example - EURUSD:

this martingale cycle was closed with lot size = 0.55 as the last one/max (see image on previous post), but example same cycle was closed for FXCM with 0.21. I mean: It was more dangerous for Alpari because I hade 2 more trades with 0.34 and 0.55.

I think - datafeed may be different for FXCM and Alpari especially for M1 timeframe (I had this problem few years ago trying to compare Alpari and IBFX for example).

As you can see, IBFX EUR/USD M1 only went 4 positions deep to 0.05 so I missed out on some profit. I'm almost wishing for more volatility... almost.

RJo:
I have been following this thread for some time and I think Mr. Tools might be a bit busy fine tuning 10points_3_smi... and power to him cuz I'm running v1.01 on my live account.

However, I bought ex4 file generator software that can produce a complex EA pretty quickly (I already made an "E.A.S.Y. Method" EA incorporating the TDI indicator, but the trigger events described by Mark Douglas at http://www.forexmt4.com/_MT4_Systems/Traders and the other indicators described leave a lot of room for improvement. So...

If TDI is good, someone please post a list of trigger events, i.e. Buy = Green > Red AND Green < 32.

Also need suggested time frame(s) for chart, and for indicator (These can be different as in multi time frame indicators).

Just a note... My software does not generate mql code, just the ex4. But the EA would have a list of adjustable parameters, i.e. SL,TS, TP, Lot size, etc. Also, cannot generate Martingale system.

A while ago, someome also asked about a Range Bars indicator. I found a script that produces a real time offline chart using range bars. Runs indicators too. I can post if needed.

Just post and let me know.

hi,

a very simple setup is shown in this forum, the guy who introduced this strategy trades this thing at H1 and H4 with simple rules: tdi has to cross and the trade has to be entered at the first or second turning (heiken ashi) candle. in manual trading this strategy is very successful, but you have to observe several other things like switching to lower timeframes for better entries, the greater trend, the angle of the crossing tdi-lines (sharper = better),....

so i don't know if this can be implemented in an automated script.

and about the exits? i'am not sure.. in manual trading i set an initial sl, after the trade is in profit, i set the sl 1 pip above breakeven, and then mostly i set a trailing stop. or, if i have time to watch the trade, i increase the sl manually depending on the price action-swings (M1 or M5 tf). i think your example of trigger events is a very good start.

Reason: