10points 3.mq4 - page 425

[langtitle=es]New version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a has it SL for huge falls?[/langtitle]

[lang=es]Hi, I have backtested only a bit the new version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a and I think it is SL alright, but since I am not completely sure if it will stop in front of a big fall, I would like confirmation.

Thanks!! [/lang]

Hi, mrtools,

Does EA version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a allow us not to enter into a position when the spread is certain size or larger?

The reason is I notice some brokers seem to fill positions when spreads are huge, even 6 times the average spread. Could be due to news, spikes, etc. If we have a parameter that says that enter position when the spread is x or less, our EA can avoid the huge spreads.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

Jim

forexjim:
Hi, mrtools,

Does EA version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a allow us not to enter into a position when the spread is certain size or larger?

The reason is I notice some brokers seem to fill positions when spreads are huge, even 6 times the average spread. Could be due to news, spikes, etc. If we have a parameter that says that enter position when the spread is x or less, our EA can avoid the huge spreads.

What do you think?

Many thanks.

Jim

Hi Jim,

The spread protection is in there, the explanations in the code says it better than me. And Sundays usually when market first opens the spreads are huge.

extern bool SpreadProtection = true; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

extern int PipTolerance = 5; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection.

mrtools:
Hi Jim,

The spread protection is in there, the explanations in the code says it better than me. And Sundays usually when market first opens the spreads are huge.

extern bool SpreadProtection = true; // If the spread is widen than normal (News time) we will not open positions or continue positions until it normalize

extern int PipTolerance = 5; // value in pips over normal spread to activate the SpreadProtection.

Hi, mrtools,

Absolutely great!

Merci beaucoup!

Jim

Hi, mrtools,

Is the error below accidental or a bug?

With 10points_3_Smi_1.02a, while most trading series end in a total profit like series 1, I did run into series 2 below.

In series 2, while most position distance is about 12 pips, position 1681 and position 1682 were 1445 pips apart, which caused the losing series. Right?

Thanks for advising.

Jim

Files:

Hi forexjim,

Your max trades is 10?

if yes to ... it was 11th.

because I just counted the lot sizes as

forexjim:
Hi, mrtools,

Is the error below accidental or a bug?

With 10points_3_Smi_1.02a, while most trading series end in a total profit like series 1, I did run into series 2 below.

In series 2, while most position distance is about 12 pips, position 1681 and position 1682 were 1445 pips apart, which caused the losing series. Right?

Thanks for advising.

Jim

Would say it's possibly a back testing data error don't remember any pair going that many pips in one day, this year.

mrtools:
Would say it's possibly a back testing data error don't remember any pair going that many pips in one day, this year.

Hi, mrtools,

I agree, this looks more like data error. Will continue testing.

Thanks.

Jim

newdigital:
Hi forexjim,

Your max trades is 10?

if yes to ... it was 11th.

because I just counted the lot sizes as

Hi, newdigital,

You are right: I played with 5 maxtrades to 13 maxtrades and 10 and 11 maxtrades don't seem to make much difference.

Thanks.

Jim

I am continuing trading this EA for many pairs.

See this post:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page283

and:

newdigital:
I started the other account for EURUSD only M1 with this EA. if everything will be fine so I will connect it with this stats website MT4i - Home page for as long time as it will be profitable.

So, I will continue trading many pairs and to upload the statements here + additional account for EURUSD only with initial deposit 3,000.

I just hope that this EA will survive for EURUSD for few years ....

if not so sorry

So, it is this account: EURUSD only, M1 timeframe, starting deposit 3,000:

and we can see downdown here:

I hope - it will be survived.

Reason: