10points 3.mq4 - page 424

v1.01 works with IBFX

Another thanks here to Mr Tools and NewDigital for this great EA and presets. For the record, the latest version 1.01 seems to be forward testing profitable with IBFX demo mini, using NewDigital's presets including: ecn=true, stops=0, tp=50, mm=false, but make lot size=0.1 as instructed in later posts. Too bad I don't have a VPS cuz the US east coast hurricane killed my power shutting me down for most of the week.

mrtools:
Will change out the trailing stop tonight when i get home, Thanks Forexjim and SnowyHH.

Thank you! mrtools, for being the problem solver!

forexjim

mrtools:
Will change out the trailing stop tonight when i get home, Thanks Forexjim and SnowyHH.

Hi, mrtools,

Sounds like the bug is doing the following: an extra modifying order that changes the last position's tp from (entry price + takeprofit) to (entry price + 0.1pip) and make sl = tp as well.

Where is the part of mp4 file that does that? and why does do it sometimes and other times doesn't?

Thanks.

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi, mrtools,

Sounds like the bug is doing the following: an extra modifying order that changes the last position's tp from (entry price + takeprofit) to (entry price + 0.1pip) and make sl = tp as well.

Where is the part of mp4 file that does that? and why does do it sometimes and other times doesn't?

Thanks.

forexjim

just a comment from me: i don't have this bug with this ea.

but maybe another: in my "no-martingale-version" the ea doesnt set the stoploss given in the settings, it adds 20 pips. example: i set SL to 60 pips, the ea sets the SL in the trade to 80. but i can live with that, so i set the SL to 40..

Changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing, Ea will break even then trailing stop will start count so if you have break even set to 20 and trailing set to 20 will be the same as a 40 trailing stop, working on back testing.

Jim about the order modify errors, not really sure but it could be the trailing, but will keep looking.

hello mrtools,

many thanks for changing this! i will implement the new version into my "no martingale" demo account at the weekend and test it next week. i hope it works.

so if i have a trailing stop now, i can set the tp to '0' because the trailing stop will take the profit now (breakeven + trailing stop)? if this is right, i think we can increase the profits in big fast price-jumps like last week. my ea closed the trades almost everytime too early with small profit.

by the way: i think in one or two weeks i will start trading with real money. either the H1 martingale version or the no martingale version. the noMart version works very well right now, but i tested it only for one week so far:

10points3 M1 no martingale System | Myfxbook

please note: EVERY sell trade was a winner, the buy trades were not so good. dont know if its because of the indicators or the strange market right now.

mrtools:
Changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing, Ea will break even then trailing stop will start count so if you have break even set to 20 and trailing set to 20 will be the same as a 40 trailing stop, working on back testing. Jim about the order modify errors, not really sure but it could be the trailing, but will keep looking.

Thank you, mrtools for your debugging. I will put it to testing.

Best,

Jim

newdigital:
10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA fixed version with settings for M1 timeframe, together with fixed indicators: download from this post.

Statements by pairs and visual statements are attached to this post (inside zip file).

M1 timeframe, FXCM broker.

===================

Some profit/loss in dollars from the beginning of trading since 14th of August:

AUDJPY: 1343 dollars

EURCHF: 1928

EURJPY: 673

EURUSD: 847

USDCHF: 1898

USDJPY: 220

====================

Some profit/loss in dollars for this week (in dollars):

AUDJPY: 679 dollars

EURCHF: 250

EURJPY: 77

EURUSD: 318

USDCHF: 732

USDJPY: 23

====================

Just some of the visual statements (from the beginning of the trading since 05th of August) - all visual statements - see zip file attached to the post:

For all 6 pairs:

EURJPY:

EURUSD:

All the statements (including Metatrader's statements by pairs, by pips and by dollars) - see zip file attached.

metatrader statements and statements by pairs were made in different pairs so it may be some small variance in profit for dollars because of that.

----------

My comments for this week:

Drawdown was not big one for all trading pairs.

Many the pairs were profitable in pips calculation. It means that it will be profitable in case of fix lot size with no any martingale.

Just about p/l in 4 digit pips since the beginning of the trading (14 august)

AUDJPY: 76

EURCHF: 798

EURJPY: 564

EURUSD: 902

USDCHF: -67

USDJPY: 305

More profit in pips - less risky to use and small maximum lot size (and less possible deposit to trade).

Just for information.

That's all news

===================

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

Hi, newdigital,

Thanks for the great testing! Tried to open your attached file after unzipping but the file asked for the application to open it with. Anything wrong?

Thanks.

Jim

I do not know.

I used Winrar to zip it.

It is in Winzip.

I attached it once again (zip'ed it once again and attached).

Files:
10p_0409_1.zip  206 kb

I started the other account for EURUSD only M1 with this EA. if everything will be fine so I will connect it with this stats website MT4i - Home page for as long time as it will be profitable.

So, I will continue trading many pairs and to upload the statements here + additional account for EURUSD only with initial deposit 3,000.

I just hope that this EA will survive for EURUSD for few years ....

if not so sorry

Reason: