Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 32

Shijia:

Hi there, just now my signal provider open 1 trade, but on my side, there was 2 same trades, what is the cause of that? I got two PC, at the same time I open two same account platform on different pc.  Is that the cause of that open position?

thanks 

For you 2 same trades = same position with double lot size?

Can you clarify more, please?

figurelli:
For you 2 same trades = same position with double lot size?

Can you clarify more, please?

It's probably for MT4.

Shijia:

Hi there, just now my signal provider open 1 trade, but on my side, there was 2 same trades, what is the cause of that? I got two PC, at the same time I open two same account platform on different pc.  Is that the cause of that open position?

thanks 

Of course it's the cause. You can't open several platform on the same account with a signal running on it.

yes its MT4 and I have 2 trades with everything same from signal provider's position. just that I have 2 trades and he got only 1. Thanks for the answer. problem solved.

angevoyageur:

It's probably for MT4.

Of course it's the cause. You can't open several platform on the same account with a signal running on it.

Thanks, good times when we could open such positions ;-)

angevoyageur:

There is no testing period for a free signal. From the Rules §III pt.7 :

Free Signals become available for subscription immediately after being set up and successfully tested for possible connection to the trading account of the Signal.

Hi Angevoyageur,

To consider new additions to profile

1) My Subcription tab

2) FAQ for Signal Subscription tab

3) FAQ for Signal Provider tab

4) Ask and Say Anything abt MQL5 trading signals tab

Currently i have to searched for (some of my friends even ask me for the url https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/subscriptions/all/page6) of all the signals I am suibscribed to. I would like to suggest that MQL allows us to manage and view ALL our subscriptions via a tab in our profile, much like payment tab, service tab, etc. This will make it easier to find what we want

Although help and faq can be found on Signal subcription, sometimes there are specific issues that we may have. The signals ask section (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/8941/page6) can be very very confusing as there is no search terms within that forum to search for topics that we wished to know. This then created a lot of repeated questions that have been already covered. Its best to also include this url into a tab "FAQ on Signal Subscription", "FAQ on Signal Provider".

My profile will become more user friendly, easier to navigate as well. For example I remember reading abt how MQL will calculate the lot sizes, of using rounding up/down logic, but coz I didnt keep that url, I am again lost. When I entered search terms on top of MQL, I am given anything and everything but what I wanted. Not very helpful at all!

Hope you would bring this suggestion to the management or powers to be!

Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals
Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals
  • www.mql5.com
Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals.

Shijia:
yes its MT4 and I have 2 trades with everything same from signal provider's position. just that I have 2 trades and he got only 1. Thanks for the answer. problem solved.

Hi Shijia

If u want to open the mt4 on local pc and one on VPS, open the mt4 on local using investor or read only password. That would NOT double your trades

Another tactic which I hv tried successfully (but accidentally) is to open one of the mt4 using traders password BUT "erase" the signal tab from that mt4!

Best is to open 2nd mt4 with read only password.

angevoyageur:
MT4 or MQL5 ? Can you post the log ?

I would suggest a few possibilities

1) Stop out level reach on either the provider or subscriber's acct

2) Subscriber has CHANGED risk% meanwhile, that will cause MT4 to forced close partially. If that position is 0.01lot MT4 has no "partial" close, it may recreate a new order instead

3) Subscriber has different currency trading acct from provider and MT4 rebalance and synch functions to calculate lot size cause the original trades to close off partially. (read pt 2 on partial close)

4) If there is SL being placed by provider, sl has reached on subscribers acct maybe not on provider

Hope this helps!

Hello,

Do we have to wait a certain time to be able to re-subscribe to a signal we just cancelled ?

I was a subscriber to a free signal and everything went ok but friday I made the mistake to trade myself at the same time, to try to add some profit to the signals. I just red on the FAQ that it is not recommended. I constantly had the "not sync" messages.

I unsuscribed to the signal to allow personal trading but now I want to re-suscribe for this week. When I try through the launch of Metatdrader 4, I enter the login and password but nothing happens. In Options/Signals I have the message "not connected". Nothing is showing in "Journal" section. I then tried to subscribe with the mode without MT4. Now in my subscriptions list, it appears I am following the signal but nothing happened in the Journal section and I did not have access to the signal parameters, I still have "not connected" in the Options/Signals. Then I think I am not really connected/following the signal.

Could someone help me understand what is wrong ?

I must say that I also tried to use 2 MT4 platforms simultaneously (same brocker) since I have a demo and a live account. I carefully named the second one differently but it seems it created confusion. I lost the settings on my original MT4, when I reopened it. Then I uninstalled all MT4 on my computer and reinstalled only one. Still, I am unable to re-suscribe to the desired free signal.

Thank you for your help,

Regards

How can i use pairs with suffix ?

my broker uses for example EURUSDi

how can i ad it 

Quoting from this thread Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service :

Provider is trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Can I map symbols with different names by myself? In other words, is it possible to copy GOLD trades to XAUUSD?
No, you are not allowed to specify rules of mapping Provider's and Subscriber's symbols.

The client terminal automatically maps Forex trading symbols like EURUSD*. If Provider has symbol EURUSD! and Subscriber has symbol EURUSD (or vice versa), client terminal automatically detects similarity of such trading instruments and replaces their names when copying trading signals.
Reason: