I have been trying to subscribe to a free signal but after I enter my password, nothing shows.
I'm starting with a demo account that has only $1000. Could it be that I need to add more money to my demo account?
Or maybe there's some confusion about the account. I have an Oanda MT4 demo account. I am subscribing specifically from the MT4 signals.
I am having a similar issue as well. Signed up for a free signal, had some trades open at the time, so kept putting the synchronization off until I had closed the open trades. The signal is coming in fine, judging by the charts it opened up and the icons appearing on some of those charts. However, no trades have been executed. On the information screen, the signal account had the 1:500 leverage though, and I am not sure if that is a part of the problem or not. My leverage is only at 1:100, and according to the info screen that came up, my demo account has more than the feeder account, so money supply in this case is not an issue.
Edit: One possible issue (with my specific problem, anyway) is that the signal provider account is not trading actively. Hadn't considered that before.
I have the same issue.
I have an Oanda Demo account, and nothing happens when I try to subscibe a signal. I enter the password to accept the conditions, but then... nothing happens.
I'm using Oanda v20 demo server.
Strange that nobody pointed out a solution, or at least confirm an incompatibility though...
Anyway, just check all the procedure related how to subscribe:
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.01.31 21:12
Make sure you've followed the steps below:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4/MT5 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4/MT5 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the paymet method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting window that opens, click Next, then Next again, select the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value (right side of window) and click Next.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months, tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
15. Complete your payment for the VPS Service and you are done.