Signals : Ask & Say Anything & Everything About MQL5 Trading Signals - page 6

fxyekim:

Do yo know how Growth % is computed?  Also, how the Growth and Balance charts are produced?  I don't understand these values and charts even on my own signal.

I think MQ is trying to fix that https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9459

One more questions phi.nuts.  What does "Use no more than _____ % of deposit" mean?  Does this mean allocate margin at this % deposit to determine the lot size to take for a signal?

I think is would be cleaner if this function is changed to a factor.

Example:  "Use ____ multiple of the Signal's lot size"

So if I set this to 1, all signal lots will be 1:1 or the same as the Signal provider.  If I want to less, I can set 0.1 and will be 1/10 lot size of the signal.  Higher multiple to open more lots than signal. 

TIA

fxyekim:

One more questions phi.nuts.  What does "Use no more than _____ % of deposit" mean?  Does this mean allocate margin at this % deposit to determine the lot size to take for a signal?

So if I set this to 1, all signal lots will be 1:1 or the same as the Signal provider.  If I want to less, I can set 0.1 and will be 1/10 lot size of the signal.  Higher multiple to open more lots than signal. 

TIA

As far as I know MetaQuotes always have updated online documentation, but funny thing is, my MT help files is not updated - for several time.

1. Here's what I found about "Use no more than _____ % of deposit", https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/signals/signal_subscriber  , you have scroo...oooll far very down, though :

"percentage value of your deposit that can be used for following provider's signals. For example, if your balance is 10 000 USD and 90% is specified here, then 9 000 USD will be used for following the signals. This affects the calculation of volumes of the deals performed when following the signals. The volume is calculated proportionally. See "Signal Subscribers"section for more information.

2. There are several request in forum about a fixed lot or factoring lot for signal, I think it's better to ask this to Service Desk, and make sure to provide the benefits over current lot copying. I think I've read the answer why MQ made such current lot copying - but ... I forget where/what it is ...:(. Sorry ... be back when I have the answer :|.

For others, these may also interesting : Signal ProvidersSignal Subscribers, and Account Monitoring - please click that, those are links

phi.nuts:

Here you can ask anything and say everything about MQL5 Trading Signal - including signal for by Browse to Save">MetaTrader 4.

I encourage other user who may have experience and answer to reply and answer and help fellow signal user questions here.  

Hi Phi,

thanks for the link to here, I had tried searching high low center left right and anywhere except heaven and hell (LOL!) for some article that will explain % of deposit, and finally you point me to the newest article that describes it. Thanks a lot. I would like a suggestion of whether I should click "Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit". According to the article, it ensures that SL and TP are executed when these levels are reached REGARDLESS of whether the signal's provider had signal a closed for these trades, (eg due to different price data feeds between the subscriber and the provider). Eg Provider sent TP=1.31256, then trade will closed when subscriber's broker price level is equal to this. But this also meant that when provider finally sent a closed signal, a reverse trade order is executed against the subscriber's acct.

This may be dangerous trading as the auto created reversal can be in the wrong direction or be unfavorable for the susbcriber. Personally, I would rather than that the Provider sent closed orders when closing trades and NOT suffer a 'weird" reverse auto trade due to price differences. Please let me have your suggestion of what works better

ymleong:

Hi Phi,

thanks for the link to here, I had tried searching high low center left right and anywhere except heaven and hell (LOL!) for some article that will explain % of deposit, and finally you point me to the newest article that describes it. Thanks a lot. I would like a suggestion of whether I should click "Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit". According to the article, it ensures that SL and TP are executed when these levels are reached REGARDLESS of whether the signal's provider had signal a closed for these trades, (eg due to different price data feeds between the subscriber and the provider). Eg Provider sent TP=1.31256, then trade will closed when subscriber's broker price level is equal to this. But this also meant that when provider finally sent a closed signal, a reverse trade order is executed against the subscriber's acct.

This may be dangerous trading as the auto created reversal can be in the wrong direction or be unfavorable for the susbcriber. Personally, I would rather than that the Provider sent closed orders when closing trades and NOT suffer a 'weird" reverse auto trade due to price differences. Please let me have your suggestion of what works better

Actually, I'm a bit don't understand the last paragraph - I highlighted it there, perhaps you'd like to re-write, maybe ?

I'm not so sure how exactly MQL5 signal works, but here's what I have from my experience. 

In MT4, to close a position, a signal provider must send a close order. If a subscribers does not have any position anymore, the close signal won't have any effect. But I think your question is for MT5 and not for MT4, am I correct ?

In MT5, to close a position, a signal provider must send opposite position with same lot. I think this is your question : if subscriber does not have position anymore, will this close signal become an opened position ?. The answer is no. I think mql5 signal service has mechanism to calculate the final result of position of signal provider, therefore this close signal won't be opened in subscriber account. So if signal provider have no position, and so is it's subscriber's.

And therefore, just click "Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit", because that the safest one especially for scalping signal.

At least that's from my experience. 

fxyekim:

TIA

I agree with fixed or factoring lot, as long as the final lot is not bigger than what signal provider have and subscriber may set the max lot from portion of his/her money, but, there is still leverage between provider and subscriber to calculate.

So if provider have 3.5 lots and subscriber select fix or factoring lot, subscriber can have any lots but not more than signal have, that is not more than 3.5 lots. Leverage between the two still have not yet calculated .

My reason that I agree with this is : signal providers usually are (or always) optimistic about their signal, while subscribers are the opposite, usually they are (or always) pessimistic. I prefer to take side with subscribers in this matter.

You may want to write to Service Desk about this, with a good pros and cons, I think they will consider.  

phi.nuts:

Actually, I'm a bit don't understand the last paragraph - I highlighted it there, perhaps you'd like to re-write, maybe ?

I'm not so sure how exactly MQL5 signal works, but here's what I have from my experience. 

In MT4, to close a position, a signal provider must send a close order. If a subscribers does not have any position anymore, the close signal won't have any effect. But I think your question is for MT5 and not for MT4, am I correct ?

In MT5, to close a position, a signal provider must send opposite position with same lot. I think this is your question : if subscriber does not have position anymore, will this close signal become an opened position ?. The answer is no. I think mql5 signal service has mechanism to calculate the final result of position of signal provider, therefore this close signal won't be opened in subscriber account. So if signal provider have no position, and so is it's subscriber's.

And therefore, just click "Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit", because that the safest one especially for scalping signal.

At least that's from my experience. 

Hi Phi,

No, this is in regards to that article on MT4 "Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit" parameter. I am running MT4, build 451. Pls refer below which I copied and paste from the article:

• Copy Stop Loss and Take Profit levelsStop Loss and Take Profit placed at the provider's account will be also placed on your trading account if this option is enabled. These orders are executed at the broker's side. It means that they are executed regardless of whether the client terminal has been launched or not. Also, execution can be performed at completely different brokerage companies (if subscriber and provider have different brokers).
    Therefore, it is guaranteed that a position will be closed when copying Stop orders in case a specified profit and loss levels have been reached. However, in some cases a Stop order on a subscriber's account can be triggered before receiving an appropriate signal from the provider (for example, due to a slight difference in quotes). In this case, position will be reversed, as two deals will be actually performed (position is closed due to a Stop order at your broker and is opened in the opposite direction after a signal from your provider arrives).

It meant if I tick "copy stop loss and take profit", the SL and TP will be copied along with the signals. Since the subscriber's and provider's broker price data may be different, SL and TP will be executed AGAINST the subscriber's broker as the levels are hit irregardless of whether the provider has sent a Closed order signal

At the same time, a reverse order is placed when a closed signal is received from your provider.

But according to you, this reversal order to closed position is for MT5, but even that will not happen, and it does NOT affect MT4, thus it is better to copy SL, and TP, esp SL as the trade can keep running to larger and larger losses if there is huge price difference between the subscriber's broker acct and provider's broker acct. Did I now get this correct?

~0 (still somewhat confused)

Signalprovider:

Hello,

i just registered because i am going to start selling my Signals on MT5.

What do you think is a fair Fee?

I am not going to trade crazy and hunt for maximum Profit. I am more focused on Risk.

I just have one open position and risk around 2% per Trade.

Best Regards 

personally, i feel that is it quite fair if u charged abt USD0.30 per pip. Eg Average per mth eg 100pips, charged abt USD30 (in cases of losses etc). For those with mini accts, 1 lot (=10,000units) is abt USD1 so for average of 100pips, subscriber will get USD100 subtract your fees=USD70. So its kinda like profit sharing ratio that fund managers charges. Provided u really have the consistent results that prove it worth while to "buy" your signals. You can choose say 10% profit sharing based on average pips per month, and increase this as your results get better every month. Or you can choose to charge 10% for 1st month subscribers and incremental upto 30%. IMHO, its better to start up a service yourself and charged according to profits. You can look into SMS service or even trade copier software which u can distribute to your subscribers. NO PROFITS, NO CHARGES, and when its profitable, you get 30%. You can even attract subscribers by giving a guarantee, eg, 50pips per month, otherwise subscription will be free next month

Hopefully someone can tell me why is it that this signal provider has good profits, good winning pips, but NEGATIVE PIPS as seen on MT4 signals tab

https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/1218#!tab=history&page=5

On the MT4 signal tab, this provider has 522 total trades, 2278% winning %, but NEGATIVE 1676pips? But looking at his stats, its positive and the growth looks ok. Just very confused how they calculate the pips to be negative when the P/L is positive, Profit ratio is good??

Trading signals: E4EX
Trading signals: E4EX
  • reviews: 61
  • 20.00 USD
  • Elaheh Sameni
  • www.mql5.com
E4EX Trading Signal for MetaTrader 4: social trading, mirror trading, copy trading and account monitoring

I do not know about this particular signal but the results in pips can be different from the results in dollars in one case only: provider is not using fix lot size (fix volume).
As I see - he is using volumes from 0.1 to 10 ... 
Reason: