MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 733

Indicator added to chart, indicator buffers drawn correctly:   Now scroll back to the start of the chart, and keep scrolling back to add more bars. The indicator buffers seem to stay where they were before more bars were added, thus moving them into space.   Is this a documented issue, or am I just...
How do we change the logo/icon picture of an expert advisor in the about tab to our own custom logo? Can this be compiled/embedded in the ex4 file so that when we distribute the ex4 file, the logo will be included without the need to link/copy the original icon image file to the new computer?
[Deleted]
I was doing a tra-il ing EA , when I tested on demo I notice that only the buy orders got it correctly ( I think ) , whereas the sell orders only moved stop loss ONCE . I still can't spot where's the problem though . ** Edited the code **
[Deleted]
Hi, i am using FXCM MetaTrader 4 Version 4.00. Altough the software is installed at another partition of my hard drive, it keeps saving history data on the system partition at c:\users\%username%\local\virtualStore\MetaTrader 4 Terminal\history Is there a way to change or adjust the folder, so that...
  Strategic foresight systems  (491   1 2 3 4 5 ... 49 50)
Purpose of the branch Decided to check out one idea of a "strategic" maChtab trading the other day and above. In a way - it really is "strategic forecasting", and requires a slightly different approach, both mathematically and psychologically. You can take your time (like real strategists) to
I would like to say that the developers solve it  to become a "pips" column between columns of the terminal.  When I look at the terminal, I can see how many pips did.
when selecting "copyall" for optimisation results .... the list copied to clipboard is only 128 odd count - varies from time to time. you need to go back and select each 128 odd rows - for as many that are there. Can it be fixed so 'copyall' copies all row
When trying to run MT4 on a fresh reboot - if the internet connection is not present - then some trades fail in backtesting. Only after reconnection of the internet connection, do the trades perform as programmed. i.e. lots 0.1 will trade but both lots 0.24 and 2.24 will not. i.e. it seems that...
[Deleted]
Progress is stopping at this. I tried all day.
All indicators have a "visualisation" setting, which should allow the trader to set which timeframes he wants an indicator to appear on, however I'm seeing all custom indicators being initialised on all timeframes regardless of the "visualisation" settings. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
The object property OBJPROP_ZORDER is used to set the click priority of the object, according to the docs. I have tried settings the Z-Order of a number of different objects to anywhere between 1 and 999999999 and it still has no effect on the click priority. Is this a known issue or am I missing...
I am using the function iBands in an EA to evaluate whether the 3 Bollinger Bands are rising. Herefore I look at the last closed bar and the one before last closed bar on a 1 hour chart. For the Middle Band, Upper Band and Lower Band I get correct values in the EA when I compare with the Data Window...
If Ihave an optimization result which gives a Maximum drawdown of 'x' during whichthe Risk Per trade was set at 'r' % of the account equity, then how do Icalculate the size of 'r' that will produce a value for 'x' of 10%?   I'm not sure it is even possible at this stage....not withoutmore...
Hi there, I receive this error: 5004 ERR_FILE_CANNOT_OPEN Cannot open file It happens when trying to open a csv file to read it. input string fileName="calendar_statement.csv";input string directoryName="Files";datetime newsItemDateTime;int...
Hi there, is it possible to use Strategy Tester based on actual historical spreads?  If this isn't built in to ST can it be coded in to an EA? Thanks, Brad
Hi. I have this small problem. I have created an EA that closes all open trades when it hits a certain profit or loss and it is working fine but when i opened 200 trades then activate it when it hits 2000 profit, it only closes by batch but not all using this code. for(int...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am trying to use a dual MA crossover indicator  ( IINWMARROWS.mq4  found in internet) which just displays arrows when a crossing of the two selectedMA's takes place in RENKO charts. It works ok most of the times but all of a suidden sometimes I get some extra arrows in the last candles...
I just finished making an EA run it on demo account and suddently when it initializes it shows error 4024 for no reason. I`ve checked the code, it has no bugs or compile errors, and it didnt do anything yet.Either the MT4 is bugged here or am i missing something, i read the documentation it says...
[Deleted]
Hello,  This is my first post to the community and I need some help.  I have built an EA which I will be running only on EUR/USD but possibly exploring other pairs in the future. Based on the results, I am confident that for every 25 Euro in my account balance, I can trade 0.01 lot. Can anybody help...
[Deleted]
Hello, i want to make from a few currencys chartpictures from 9 timeframes. At moment i have for every timeframe open a own chart but the pc and metatrader become a little bit slower, because it coast him much power. I want to ask you here, if somebody know a way to get/make chartpictures easyer,...
i facing cannot download MT4 to my laptop(window 7). anyone can help? Thanks.  
Good afternoon all - we are running the current version of MT4 and are encountering a problem with drive C running out of space when running a back test on AUDNZD each time.  This generates a 384GB file in the USER/####/App Date/roaming/MetaQuoates/Terminal folder each time.   Within this folder are...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I'm currently learning the MQL4 language by means of this helpful forum and typically, I often succeed to find the right information (on the forum or the mql4 book). But now, i'm definitely stuck on a weird situation. I'm currently coding a trend following strategy, which consists in...
[Deleted]
Hi Say like I want to get yesterday's close price of GPBUSD daily bar, while I'm in EURUSD 1H chart window.  The function iClose("GBPUSD",1440,1) will return 0 if local history is empty; but how can I know the returned price is actually for yesterday? If local history is not updated does it return...
Hi, I have a custom indicator that I would like to have trigger an audible when the up or down arrow appears.  I only have the ex4 file and not the MQL4 file. Do I have any options for accessing the code if there is no MQL4 file?    Thanks,  EW 
Hi everyone, I want to translate the platform for my language and how can I to do this? I can't find any language file in MT4 installed folders. Can I to do this? 
  DDE and MT4.exe  (3)
Hello, I'm trying to use the dde-sample.exe and it can't find MT4.exe. Is MT4.exe a real fine or is it a memory address created by the terminal.exe? If it's a real file, where do I get a copy of it...It doesn't seem to be a part of the current mt4setup.exe. If it's a memory address, what has it...
I downloaded a lot of mt4 indicators and added them to the mql4/indicators folder of my platform, but they won't show up. what should i do?
Lastweek I got an email from one of the brokers I use, stating that they wouldswitch from Instant Execution to Market Execution on the 29th of June.It also mentioned that you can’t set SL and TP directly when using a marketorder. You have to wait for the order to be opened and then modify the SL...
[Deleted]
I am experiencing some weird issues with an EA I am currently working on. The EA is modular and at present runs two interrelated strategies. When either strategy is run on it's own the EA runs fine, placing orders, modifying them, deleting them etc all as it should be. However, when the strategies...