MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 736

Hi. I have this small problem. I have created an EA that closes all open trades when it hits a certain profit or loss and it is working fine but when i opened 200 trades then activate it when it hits 2000 profit, it only closes by batch but not all using this code. for(int...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am trying to use a dual MA crossover indicator  ( IINWMARROWS.mq4  found in internet) which just displays arrows when a crossing of the two selectedMA's takes place in RENKO charts. It works ok most of the times but all of a suidden sometimes I get some extra arrows in the last candles...
I just finished making an EA run it on demo account and suddently when it initializes it shows error 4024 for no reason. I`ve checked the code, it has no bugs or compile errors, and it didnt do anything yet.Either the MT4 is bugged here or am i missing something, i read the documentation it says...
[Deleted]
Hello,  This is my first post to the community and I need some help.  I have built an EA which I will be running only on EUR/USD but possibly exploring other pairs in the future. Based on the results, I am confident that for every 25 Euro in my account balance, I can trade 0.01 lot. Can anybody help...
[Deleted]
Hello, i want to make from a few currencys chartpictures from 9 timeframes. At moment i have for every timeframe open a own chart but the pc and metatrader become a little bit slower, because it coast him much power. I want to ask you here, if somebody know a way to get/make chartpictures easyer,...
i facing cannot download MT4 to my laptop(window 7). anyone can help? Thanks.  
Good afternoon all - we are running the current version of MT4 and are encountering a problem with drive C running out of space when running a back test on AUDNZD each time.  This generates a 384GB file in the USER/####/App Date/roaming/MetaQuoates/Terminal folder each time.   Within this folder are...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone, I'm currently learning the MQL4 language by means of this helpful forum and typically, I often succeed to find the right information (on the forum or the mql4 book). But now, i'm definitely stuck on a weird situation. I'm currently coding a trend following strategy, which consists in...
[Deleted]
Hi Say like I want to get yesterday's close price of GPBUSD daily bar, while I'm in EURUSD 1H chart window.  The function iClose("GBPUSD",1440,1) will return 0 if local history is empty; but how can I know the returned price is actually for yesterday? If local history is not updated does it return...
Hi, I have a custom indicator that I would like to have trigger an audible when the up or down arrow appears.  I only have the ex4 file and not the MQL4 file. Do I have any options for accessing the code if there is no MQL4 file?    Thanks,  EW 
Hi everyone, I want to translate the platform for my language and how can I to do this? I can't find any language file in MT4 installed folders. Can I to do this? 
  DDE and MT4.exe  (3)
Hello, I'm trying to use the dde-sample.exe and it can't find MT4.exe. Is MT4.exe a real fine or is it a memory address created by the terminal.exe? If it's a real file, where do I get a copy of it...It doesn't seem to be a part of the current mt4setup.exe. If it's a memory address, what has it...
I downloaded a lot of mt4 indicators and added them to the mql4/indicators folder of my platform, but they won't show up. what should i do?
Lastweek I got an email from one of the brokers I use, stating that they wouldswitch from Instant Execution to Market Execution on the 29th of June.It also mentioned that you can’t set SL and TP directly when using a marketorder. You have to wait for the order to be opened and then modify the SL...
[Deleted]
I am experiencing some weird issues with an EA I am currently working on. The EA is modular and at present runs two interrelated strategies. When either strategy is run on it's own the EA runs fine, placing orders, modifying them, deleting them etc all as it should be. However, when the strategies...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone! Amazing how much you can learn from this forum! Thanks all!I hope one day I’ll be able to contribute something myself. Till then, I wonder if you could help me with this: while Ifind 1005Phillip’s method of “squeezing” more data from the broker absolutelyingenious (https://www.mql5...
Hello. What is the correct way to obtain a percentage in MQL4? I see rule of 3 it work (Y*X/100), but is this the right way? (I just want to confirm). When I use "X = y%", have the problem of two "=" signs (X=X=Y%;). It does not allow to write "X*1%" . Soo, What is the correct way to obtain a...
Hi, I spent quite a lot of time in trying figuring out what's wrong with this extremely simple lines of code. I'm learning MQL4 language and so far google gave me all the answers, except this. This short block of code works without any problem: r = order.details.events & OPEN_PRICE_CHANGED;
#property indicator_chart_window    #property indicator_buffers 2    #property indicator_color1 DarkGreen    #property indicator_width1 3    #property indicator_color2 Green    #property indicator_width2 3    extern string note1 = "Stochastic settings";    extern string note2 = "default =...
[Deleted]
Hi,   I'm trying to combine a few indicators into one, and everything is going well, except for one small thing that I have never encountered before(the draw line function refuses to draw a solid line):      Here's the original code:   int init()  {   IndicatorBuffers(3);   SetIndexBuffer(0,...
[Deleted]
Hello How can I find the highest and lowest price of orders if I have opened many trades? I will be grateful for your help ;)   Regards,  Jacek 
Hi.    I've been developing some applications in MQL-4 (new release) language with the editor above, and was using the MQL5 Storage for Version Control.    I was using it normally, but now when I need to implement new features to my applications, the following procedures are made to checkout a...
I am unable to get an answer from Microsoft as to whether the rather old DDE technology regrettably used by MT4 for importing live data into Excel is supported in Excel 2013. I have followed the correct protocol but the Excel DDE formula =MT4|BID!EURUSD will simply not return the live data seen
Hi I've been searching for forums and trying to add this file but all I hear is that I have to wait for the moderator's aproval. Can any gentle soul add an alert to this please? Pop up and sound. Regards
  iHigh w/Arrays  (5)
Why is this not returning the iHigh values for the previous 10 bars? (It instead returns 10 10-digit numbers, seemingly unrelated to the price, including negative numbers):       void start()    {    int bars = 10;      if(bars >= Bars) bars = Bars - 1;       double highs[];      ArrayResize(highs,...
I'm currently using an EA that gives me good results, but in the settings window I have to choose the number of Lots to be traded, while I would prefer to have a % of available cash to set to my convenience. How can I modify the EA to obtain this? Any help truly appreciate, I can give you a copy of
If I enlarge the Tick Chart tab on the market Watch panel to the left, and I then see for instance 20 vertical grid lines, the ticks are drawn in the first 2 or 3 columns only, thus before the third vertical grid line. The rest of the panel only shows a straight vertical line. How to get the...
I have created an EA that uses the Dialog Controls with label. Is it possible to update the price (BID and ASK) which is the value for the label? Thanks
Ca in  somebody explain to me what sandbox means and what role does is play while using fileopen() function.And also I copy a file in a directory "file" in mql terminal but this file cannot b open by fileOpen(),not sure I copy the file in the right directory,the file is a txt file.Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi, could anyone point me in the right direction to find the above? I used the search function but didn't find anything :( I have the two I have attached here but one only does the arrow - no sound or po up, and the other does both but the sound alert keeps going non stop :( Any help appreciated....