MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 731

Hallo,  Im looking for a function in MQL4 that allows trading volume to  be set at 0.01 lotz if balance drops 10%   Can anybody help me please?   Kind Regards 
[Deleted]
ObjectCreate() is not working in backtest optimization, right? (I am using build 401 ;) )
Hello, On many of the EA's I have there is a function that will prevent buying or selling at a certain distance from the top or bottom of the market. It is user set in the variables i.e Points_Bars, Points_Restrict, Points_Period etc. Is it possible to code it so the user has the option of entering...
I was wondering if there was a way to watch past candlesticks form. Is there an indicator or way i can do this?   I would like to watch them form instead of just popping up to the current live candle. This would help me a great deal. Especially if I was able to watch them form with indicators that I...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am new here, hope to get support from you. I just downloaded MT 4 platform (482kb) file, then I run this.exe file getting a message that mt4setup.exe has encountered a problem andneeds to close And if click on more details> error signature appname:mt4setup.exe appver:5.0.0966 modname...
hi all friends  i found an automatic ea for putting SL & TP , could any body help me adding a trailing stop to this expert? . i ll appreciate any help or advice
Good afternoon, I hope you are fine. I was wandering of someone could please explain the difference between these two values... MODE_MARGININIT     => Initial margin requirements for 1 lotMODE_MARGINREQUIRED => Free margin required to open 1 lot for buying I can see their values are different. If...
Hello ,I want to find a way to close several opening positions at the same time, as soon as possible .I have some code below...   for(int i=0;i<total;i++)        {         if(!OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES))            continue;         if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol()            //&&...
  Meta editor  (6)
My meta editor isn't working correctly, compiling doesn't work sometimes. Do i need to get a 'fresh' meta editor file, or is there some repair possible?   Ed 
  Error -1  (4)
What is Error -1 When i try to send an order in gold sometimes i get -1 error and sometimes it is executed. Any help??    This is the code i am using to send a buy void OpenBY(){   int li_0;   if(!IsTradeContextBusy())   {      li_0 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, Lots, Ask, Slipage, 0,...
  Downloading tick data  (63   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
There is a software program that reads tick data from a website: Dukascopy I am attaching the software. However, downloading tick data from the website or using the above program is extremely slow or does not happen at all due to errors/overloading of the website. Please advise if there are other
[Deleted]
Hello,   I need to write code for this. Every day I open two positions. One for BUY one for SELL. I set up T/P and S/L for both of them. I repeat this every day. I need to detect when is event of T/P from day 1, that pending order no.2 will be deleted. For example: 1st day: order BUY1, order SELL1...
I have difficulties to save a correct Report from history using Windows 8.1. It is not possible to read it correctly,it doesn't work with OS Windows 8.1. Can anybody give an advice how to fix it ? Thanks.
  PERIOD_H8  (2)
I have written an EA in MQL4 which returns some information about the previous bar with the following lines: double H1 = iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 1);double L1 = iLow(NULL, PERIOD_H4, 1);double R1 = H1 - L1;double HC = (H1 - C1) / R1; This works fine there is no problem. However if I change this code...
[Deleted]
Hi I wonder if I can use MT4 for getting EMA, MACD, stochastics crossover on stocks. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to make an indicator that takes 4 entry values (Stochastic Oscillator, Stochastic Oscillator Slow, RSI(9) and RSI(14)), powers them to some set weights (w11 to w14) and then multiplies the result to store it in a variable (S1). Then, this variable is multiplied by another set...
Hi:   I met a problem when I use the OrderModify to change the stop value, an error pops as: OrderModify error 1 For example, the message occurs when I try to place the stop 3 pips under the low price of previous close candle.  It seems not affecting the result, but just keep showing the error...
[Deleted]
Hello Im trying to install already downloaded templates and indicators on meta trader 4 however, when going on to the platform and loading templates these files do not show up. I am placing file in the templates folder. Anyone experience this type of problem.
[Deleted]
DDE and excel - Volume I am not getting volume to work, the mt4 sample does not have volume I have tried these but not getting volume to work i have bid,ask,hi,low working but not volume ='MT4'|VOL!EURUSD ='MT4'|VOLUME!EURUSD =MT4|VOL!EURUSD =MT4|VOLUME!EURUSD
[Deleted]
if(CheckValueTime==iTime(NULL,TimeFrame,0)) return(0);else CheckValueTime = iTime(NULL,TimeFrame,0); I got this code from other forum and I have this code in my ea too. And I got a different results between with and with out this code. With this code it's can run optimization faster than without. I...
My MT4 folder has more than 60GB capacity. I found there many logs in subfolders C:\Program Files\MT4\logs and C:\Program Files\MT4\testes\logs Many files was grater than 3,4,5,6 GB ! How to disable logs on Meta Trader 4 ?
All builds are 670, Jul 2014. DLL calls are allowed under tools, options. I don't know if this could even be an error with the code?   #import "user32.dll"   int GetParent(int hWnd);   int SendMessageA(int hWnd, int Msg, int wParam, int lParam);#import#define WM_MDIACTIVATE 0x222#define MAX_CHARTS...
Hello I have a 28 charts loaded with the same EA, and AutoTrading off.  The EA, on init, opens a file, populates an array from the contents, and close the filehandle. If I click AutoTrade on, all the EAs jump into action at the same time.  They all try and access the file at the same time.  I know...
The article Why Is It Important to Update MetaTrader 4 to the Latest Build by August 1? has been published:From August 1, 2014, MetaTrader 4 desktop terminals older than build 600 will no longer be supported. However, many traders still work with outdated versions and are unaware of the updated...
One of my MT4 platforms is an Alpari 509 build that I've always kept offline for back testing since the history data I've imported to its History Center has always remained imported with no problems.  For some reason, the latest EA I've tried to back test on the platform won't produce any results....
Hi all,    Does any one know how the calculate the formula for a stop out level, basically how many points if i have a n open position i need to loose to reach certain stop out level?   Thank you in advance  
Hi, first of all thank's for a good update! But seems there is a lot of work to do more)) Windows XP 64 and MT4 Build 670 in Program Files (x86) I'm launching fresh installed MT4 via \Program Files (x86)\MT4\start.cmd: cd /d "%~dp0"terminal boot_r.bin /portableexit boot_r.bin is:...
[Deleted]
When running a script, there is a Dependencies tab. I did not check the tab for ages, but I gave a look at it today and I got surprise. In fact I created only a simple script with wininet.dll import. But the dependency tab seems to displays a complete winapi, with hundreds of functions I never heard...
Hi,    I would like to test my EAs on a past period (for instance from 01/01/2014 to 01/02/2014), but it seems that one can only make EAs that works at the present moment (with the int Start() function). Any advice will be welcome :-) Cheers Aymeric
Hello I have a file which I wrote with Notepad which contains: 1406718000 1406719800 so should have Win line endings. This code: void readInTradeEvents() { i = 0 ; int fh= FileOpen ( "eventdates.txt" , FILE_READ ); if (fh != INVALID_HANDLE ) { ArrayResize (dates, 0 ); //