MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 727

Hi there, Your assistance is appreciated, thanks. I have a csv file that looks like this: 20140103 14:30:0020140106 10:00:0020140106 17:30:00 FileReadDateTime() "Reads from the file of CSV type a string of one of the formats: "YYYY.MM.DD HH:MI:SS", "YYYY.MM.DD" or "HH:MI:SS" - and converts it into a...
OK, I've been on it now for ages, time to get a sanity check. The code below is only the important parts of my EA, which operates fine, but in order to get a more automated way of calculating the best stoploss without trawling back through visual charts, I write open close and peak pull back for
[Deleted]
Hi ! I am glad to adress all of you. I have an issue with my MT4 platform. I've programmed an EA. and tested it. But it never opened any position. I though first  it was , maybe, my conditions were too tight, that's why I've tried to run an other EA. A very simple one I knew ( because I saw it in...
Hello   Sorry for my english  If i put a ATR on a ASI chart i can see crossings but when i read the real values they dont cross ! Is it possible  to calculate a scale ( the same vertical position on a chart is not necessary the same value !)   Thanks for your help an comments 
[Deleted]
Does MT4 operate on Windows 8?  If so, does anyone have a link where I can download?  I have MT4 Build 670 on my Surface 3, Windows 8, and it seems fine except for that some of the indicators overlap and are unreadable. This same version of MT4 works well on my Windows 7 machine. Has anyone tried...
[Deleted]
Exercise MQL4 Subject TDD  Hello,  Exercise MQL4  Subject TDD  I know you, to do an MQL4 exercise is missing to you.  ;-) Perhaps you're already on vacation and your child part is nostalgic for a holiday homework.  Statement:  Write a MQL4 EA passing all tests when using with specific conditions...
Hi When I am setting up a pending order there is a minimum distance from the current price level of 30 pips, which makes most trades useless. Is this normal ? Thanks N
I thought when sending the order cbt is set to 1 so no second order wil be sent. But on my demo account another order was set within 40 ms, how can this happen, what is wrong in that code? How can I impeed that in the code? Thanxx for help! 2014.07.23 18:40:51.796    '9013517': order was opened :...
[Deleted]
I wrote an EA that scans multiple currencies and multiple time frames and checks for their Ima values. The EA works fine, but I want to add non standard time frames to the list of time frames I scan (2 and 8 hours), is it possible? I saw that non standard time frames can be used only on offline
I want to add an expiration on my EA based on a alert of the indicator, how do i do that?  How do i change a TRUE/FALSE or number value into a word value?  I want to change extern bool Expiration=false;, or extern bool Expiration=60; into ……….. Expiration = 'an alert from my indicator' ; Ed 
Hello, I would like to ask you whether exists some substitutions for OnTrade() event handler which perfectly works in MQL5 but not in MQL4?    Thank you very much for possible responses and any advices are welcome.   Regards   Lukas 
Hey everybody, I try to create a little output into the expert log on MT4. What I do: int start() { int i; for (i=0; i<=2; i++) { double lB_EURJPY_D = iBands("EURJPY",PERIOD_D1,20,2,i,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_LOWER,0); double uB_EURJPY_D = iBands("EURJPY",PERIOD_D1,20,2,i,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_UPPER,0);  //Print...
Hi, I’m trying to calculate swaps in deposit currency, but the results do not seems to be consistent with whant MT4 shows in the Order windows (Swap column). What does the Swap column show? The Swap is in Points or in Deposit Currency. (While you can choose what to display in the Profit Column, you...
Try to display ATR levels for today's range, 10, 14, and 21 day ranges. The bottom right corner. I made my best attempt at it and have been tinkering with it for quite a while without much luck. Got it narrowed down to only 5 errors. Anyone want to point out the corrections?
I have a bit modified code of the fractals indi and it shows only those ones that've never "met" the price. //----Fractals up bFound= false ; dCurrent=High[i]; if (dCurrent>High[i+ 1 ] && dCurrent>High[i+ 2 ] && dCurrent>High[i- 1 ] && dCurrent>High[i- 2 ]) {
  About error  (1)
Can any one explain me error 131 is what after attaching robo to chart i got this error.
Hello,  I noticed a problem in MT4 which is the fact that sometimes the working directory is in Program Files and some others times it is appdata\roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\ .  I haven't been able to notice any patterns when such a path is switched. This is a bit problematic since any new settings...
[Deleted]
Whenever editor help does an update via popup asking if want to do the update, I'm always wondering just what has been added/modified/removed etc. Is there a change log? If not, why not? Surely the platform's language docs are important and coders kept up to date with the latest changes, yes
Hi, I am looking for help on the following:- I want to check the previous values of MACD Histogram Values and if the slope is pointing up, i want to buy and if pointing down i want to sell. any help would be appreciated
Hi everyone,    I have a weird issue with my historical data. What i have done:   Made a fresh installation of MT4Deleted all historical dataDeleted the account, so it cant go onlineMade a CSV files with 2 years of 1M dataImported it into History Centre. The problem is, that there is something...
[Deleted]
The following snipett is meant to label bars as either "LONG" or "SHORT" when thier length is compared against a moving average of the previous 5 bars bodies. The labels work but the calculations are off. I have got this to work in excel/vba though it is not much good to me there. double sumSIZE= 0
Hi I have an Ea that I am forward testing and would like to take a screen shot when it opens and closes a trade. I have tried a number of scripts and indictors that I have found online but none work, does anyone have any suggestions on how I might do this? Many thanks N
Hello , im searching feedback for one of my first EA's . The report is attached. As u can see i have non lots optimized  and im going first long only with these method. Whats most importent to read these reports well and fix these problems ?  It is better to combo more setting methods to an ea if...
What form does time have, as a physical body, let's say? If we measure time by some physical quantity, then maybe it must also have some form? I would like to hear your opinion
Feature Request - Would it be possible to add support for the mouse "Next" and "Previous" buttons into MetaTrader? The idea would be for it to switch the current window to the adjacent tab, i.e. the tab to the left for "Previous" and the tab to the right for "Next" (note this is NOT the same order...
I can not get the install to setup. Able to download with no problem. Install starts. Get a proxy server pop up at the location step. I do not use a proxy. From other articles have tried different browsers, clicked cancel on proxy pop up and tried many times. Even let set at the download step for 30...
Is it possible to get an alert+pop from Indicator Window? Like in following image when indicator touches -80, I get alert
The below code with #property strict directive compiles without error, but doesn't display anything. If you comment '#property strict' directive //#property strict it will also compile without error and the indicator will display a line. Not working code: #property strict#property...
Referring to https://docs.mql4.com/basis/function/events, OnCalculate paragraph. One can read: We should noted the connection between the return value of OnCalculate() and the second input parameter prev_calculated. During the function call, the prev_calculated parameter contains a value returned by...
I wonder why accessing volume or spread parameter of the OnCalculate function makes the indicator freezing when compiled with "#property strict" property. Have a try. When running, first tick shows alerts up to instruction: Alert("tick_volume[0]="+IntegerToString(tick_volume[0])); Subsequent ticks...