MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 732

hi, played with some new indicators and script. wasnt really what i looked for . so i delete all. but what happened is the it screwed up the mt4 fib indicator. if you go to propertyies of the fibo indicator default numbers are: 0 = 0.0 0.236 = 23.6 --etc 1.618 = 161.8 2.618 = 261.8 4.236 = 423.6 so...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, add extern variable from files  *.mqh to main code is ok. But I cann´t add extern variable from library files *.ex4 ... :-( Is possible it? Thank you for help me! 
Hello all! From what I learned, the following two Indicators (which only differ in the shift attribute) should return exactly the same values, just shifted by one period: PlusDI = iADX(NULL,0,14,PRICE_OPEN,MODE_PLUSDI,0); PlusDI = iADX(NULL,0,14,PRICE_OPEN,MODE_PLUSDI,1);  Mysteriously, it sometimes...
Can anyone else confirm this annoying bug ? Open Strategy tester. Set the spread to 3. Slide the strategy tester window's top bar all the way down so you can see the whole chart. Slide the strategy tester window's bar back up what does the spread box say say now ?
[Deleted]
Hi forum,   Many thanks for the information I've sucked from you thus far.   Let me precede this post by stating that I am a beginner, and only learning.  The code below is not an EA, or even part of one. I just want to confirm some VERY basic code, and that it is actually doing what I intend.   I'm...
  color of Arrows  (3)
I use a white background for my charts and screen captures to save printer toner.   Now I also have to reverse the white arrow collor which I put on the charts manually to make them visible again.  I can't find how and where to change these (manual) arrow settings.
Hi, Im trying to backtest this martingale EA and i get this error 4051 in the journal, and i can see it effects up to 50% of orders from opening, when i compiled the code  this warning comes up "return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked Template EA.mq4 265 14"   i have pasted the part of the...
I'm trying to write an indicator but it has the following problems: 1- Has a redraw factor of 3. (repaints the last few bars.) 2- Doesn't draw the past correctly. 3- Doesn't seem to match the CCI indicator. It's my first indicator. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Sorry... Now it can be compiled.....
Hi guys, I am new to MQL4 and interest to learn the language. I have think of a tutorial for myself, a simple but difficult for those who don't know the syntax. I am trying to construct a code for a timebased trade. The idea is at below. Anyone can help me to define the function the properly? Thanks...
[Deleted]
Hello, The toolbox is not visible in MetaEditor. Even if I press the corresponding button in MetaEditor.  Any idea ?   
Hi,   2014.07.09 20:50:19.004 '1637798': Signal - signal subscription disabled, enable realtime subscription in 'Signals' settings 2014.07.09 20:50:19.004 '1637798': Signal - 'xxx' for 'xxx' subscription found, 2014.08.08 expiration, disabled 2014.07.09 20:50:18.749 '1637798': previous successful...
  FIR filters  (181   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
I have created a separate topic to help those who need to understand how to use the software http://fx.qrz.ru/ ask questions lamers
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I wrote an indicator to filter undesirable condition. So it use a lot of iCustom. When I do backtest, it show different value from real trade. On the visual chart after backtest, the indicator show up (automatically). Then I attach the indicator to that visual chart to make comparison,...
#property copyright ""#property link      ""#property indicator_buffers 2#property indicator_color1 DarkGreen#property indicator_width1 3#property indicator_color2 Green#property indicator_width2 3extern string note1 = "Stochastic settings";extern string note2 = "default = Stoch(5,3,3)";extern...
  Identify Order  (2)
Hello, so my idea is to make an EA that can seperete between what I call "Superorders" and just "Orders". First, the EA is looking for an entry on a D1 basis and after the criterias are met it places the trade. Now the EA looks for an opportunity on a H1 basis but has to trade in the direction of
I'm having trouble with my current EA. I need to collect OHLC for time frames not preprogrammed in mql4. I start at first m1 bar in history and I get the time of the first opening minute bar where day of month, day of week and time of day = 0. From that time i count forward where every next bar...
How to convert server to local time frame
Hi   I would like to add this indicator as a filter for trading - simply if trendline is blue then long positions, if red then short positions. I am used to using icustom to bring in the indicator values to my EA so that i can use them, but I am not sure how i would do it in this case. I have tried...
  1 HOUR CHART  (1)
HI GUYS  can anybody help me, I'm trying to get price data for the 1 HOUR CHART since 2010. On my MT4 it doesn't go back so far. Any help would be appreciated
Hi all, can someone help me to do Winning & Lossing indicator? Like this:      Thanks in advance. 
 How to stop charts server data based on timings? 
[Deleted]
  bug with ++i ??  (2)
when i do some test with mql4 by this script:   int i = 0; Print(i++ + i++);  // result is "1" i = 0;  Print(++i + ++i); // result is "4" not "3"    and i had do the same thing in JavaScript, "++i + ++i" => 3; is that a bug? 
Hello: In marketinfo(), MODE_TICKVALUE is defined as "Tick value in the deposit currency". This is correct for Forex. But I can see this is not correct for CFDs (indexes, for example). In indexes, it should say: "Tick value in the index currency". I suspect this is related with MODE_PROFITCALCMODE....
Hi, Since yesterday i don't see Custom Indicators on Navigator. What will be the probloms? before it was shown. Also when i tried on indicators menu, many indicators showing as grey colors and as hidden? Please support me to solve this issues? My indicator files were copied on...
When i use multiple MT4 instance (more than 2) or just after a while, MT4 starts to give me unreal results. Cheking the results i discovered it starting to skips trades.. I set spread to 10 pips fix. It happens both on 3 or 1 years of backtesting. On M5 charts. Both with tick, control points or...
[Deleted]
<advertising removed >
Hi , New update with version build 670 we can't draw a trend line , We can't draw a channel ,  it is too slow , My  Lap works with windows 7 ultimate , Is all traders notice that or there is something wrong with my windows although the last version was worked nice  
[Deleted]
  Help with array  (10)
Hi Everyone, I try to work with array and write this simple code. I am not sure why it show the "array out of range" right away at the cutup[I]=High[I]. Could you please help me to correct it? Thank you so much, SCFX    int limit=rates_total-prev_calculated-1;   if(limit<=0) limit=1;   double...
has anybody tried out if this is working in new MT4?
  Return shift by...?  (13   1 2)
Hello, guys. First of all, sorry for future stupid questions or parts of code may be, because I'm just learning MQL4. So I'm trying to make it work a code that could define which price of two prices was the last by price to visit. I.e. I have two rectangles and want the indi to calculate the edge...