MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 730

Sorry basic question I know but wondered what is the difference between using || or &&? Example for each would be: if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == OrderId2)if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol() || OrderMagicNumber() == OrderId2)
I have the following C# function:   [DllExport("Call", CallingConvention = CallingConvention.StdCall)]        [return: MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)]        public static string Call(            [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)]string parameters            , [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPWStr)]string...
Hello! im following this tutorial http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/cpp_managed/windowsservices/article.php/c14735/Exporting-NET-DLLs-with-Visual-Studio-2005-to-be-Consumed-by-Native-Applications.htm to import a custom function created in c#, in my case im downloading data from web in c# but in...
[Deleted]
hi brothers, i need help to add alert to the attached andicator, am trading using this indicator. i need alert when the price reach the upper or lower line of this indicator. any help will be highly appreciated
[Deleted]
Hey Guys, Any chance you could put in more zoom levels on your next upgrade, I reckon 1 level in the middle of each existing level would be fantastic. Cheers PS That order window is still HHHUUUGGGEEEE   lol
Hi, Anyone can help with finding good data for strategy tester? Dow Jones 1 h since 2010 EURUSD 1m since 2010 Any ideas? Thanks
Hello i use renkolivechart 3.3    I would like to modify the code to choose the size of reversal (1 box, 2 boxes 3 boxes ...)   Is someone can help me please ?    stephane 
[Deleted]
I back test the Ea in a regular way, without the optimization, and every thing isfine, the EA is profitable. problem is that there is no way to pass an optimization process I alway get " ...all results have been discarded as insignificant" and, looking at all theinsignificant results, the EA did...
Hello  If you put a RSI(30) and a CCI(14) in a same separate window you can see crossings but the 'real' value of those indicators dont crossing. So how to automatize a trading system based on those crossings ?   So i think ML4 calculat a scale ? But how to calculate it ?   Thanks for your help....
Never really looked at copy trades before. If you invest a small amount in a large fund, are you benefiting from the fund being able to get through drawdown or are you disadvantaged because you calcs are showing negative and thus your contribution is stopped out? Copy trade seems to be growing, and...
I mean, what can I indicate in the parenthesis of OrderCloseTime(), OrderLots (), and others? Thanks in advance
While EA was still running live doing auto-trading I modified some code and compilied it but didn't removed and reattach EA on MT4 terminal.So in that codition will EA be running will be modified too or it will use the old compilation code. Thanks
I find difficult in setting my indicator values for MA and demarker on different timeframe and want to know how these values for fastMA and slowMA.and demarker can be correctly decided to work perfectly with the said Timeframe.Like what would be fastMA and slow MA for 1H TF and for 30Min TF...
Hi  i want take 10 first bars Close Price and write this chunk code     for(int i=1;i<=10;i++)    {          Close[i];    } Is this piece of code works correctly?? Tanks 
I'm trying to import a file with historical data. Problem is with volume column. Volume is zero in entire input file, but when I import it into history, I get some values that I don' know where do they come from. I tried following: deleted all history files, disconnected from the broker (killed
I run EA on TF-H4. If I want to check TimeMinute(Time[0]) = 30 . How To do ? Thank you
[Deleted]
Hello again. I have recently had an issue resolved with the following function which was pretty silly now that I know what it is. I'm a little reluctant to post this issue just in case it is something as equally dumb. But they do say, the only stupid question is the one unasked. Though I'm not too...
[Deleted]
hi, I am just a beginner I need some help. one simple code request   I tried to write it but fail, I am not sure how to write it. here is  concept  if (Close[0]>Close[1]>Close[2]) { //show signal on chart } possible to show signal for 500 bars.   thanks in advance   .
[Deleted]
I am trying to get the following values individually. Seller pending volume (how much is sitting on the board) Seller open interest Buyer pending volume (how much is sitting on the board) Buyer open interest iVolume only provides the total volume, I need this data individually for calculations.
Has anyone else gotten an optimization result like this? The negative profit is HUGE. And my EA is always using a stoploss. This is the first time I've ever seen this. Thanks.
Hi all, when I change the value of the external variables and then I push the Compile button, the expert don't refresh these values. I print these variables and I see the expert is using the old values of them. Where could be the problem? Thank you! 
Hi everyone,    I'm just starting to look into MT4 after many years of trading manually.  This site seems like a great place to learn all the in and outs of the platform - so that's great! I have a demo account running on the MT4, and would like to run some tests on the EA function. For that i need...
I need to obtain the last few peak and low values of the zigzag buffer for time frames not pre programmed into mt4 all in a single EA. I've read the source and a few articles on the zigzag implementation but am still dumbfounded. Does any one know how it works in better terms or have an idea on how
Dear Traders, Can any one help me with Intraday Intensity Indicator in MT4, or any other indicator use same calculation ? Thank You Rock-Trader
I have problem with saving profiles. MT4 doesn't remember chart order. I.e. I have 10 charts. EURUSD is placed as the last one and I move it on the beginning (first chart/tab). I save profile but after restarting MT4, chart order isn't remembered and EURUSD is still on the last tab. I used this way...
I'm not sure if this is already documented, but I thought I'd share my findings from experimenting with iCustom and OnTimer. Basically, it doesn't work. Consider the following simple code: double TestBuffer[];double TestValue = 1;int OnInit() {   IndicatorBuffers(1);   SetIndexBuffer(0...
[Deleted]
For example I have a leveraged account with $10,000 balance. I open a position of 1 Lot requiring margin of $1000. Free Margin is now $9000. Market moves against me and my trade is losing $9000, I get a margin call and the trade is automatically closed. My question: In the above scenario does the...
I need to get iCustom to work to import some values from an indicator. This should not be difficult. I used the syntax straight from MQL4 documentaion: Var_1 = iCustom (NULL, 0, "Indi_1", 2, 0); I ensured that all my variables were correct; same pair, current time, indi name copied directly from the...
Does anyone have a consistent experience trading moving average crossovers? I read numerous articles on this but have yet to come across a trader who would share experiences and lessons learnt from them
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm new to this forum, so excuse me if this post is inappropriate. If this post would be more appropriate on another thread, forum or website, then feel free to let me know. Basically, I'm considering getting into automated trading and I'm reasonablly satisfied with the MetaTrader front-end