MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 734

[Deleted]
Hello everyone! Amazing how much you can learn from this forum! Thanks all!I hope one day I’ll be able to contribute something myself. Till then, I wonder if you could help me with this: while Ifind 1005Phillip’s method of “squeezing” more data from the broker absolutelyingenious (https://www.mql5...
Hello. What is the correct way to obtain a percentage in MQL4? I see rule of 3 it work (Y*X/100), but is this the right way? (I just want to confirm). When I use "X = y%", have the problem of two "=" signs (X=X=Y%;). It does not allow to write "X*1%" . Soo, What is the correct way to obtain a...
Hi, I spent quite a lot of time in trying figuring out what's wrong with this extremely simple lines of code. I'm learning MQL4 language and so far google gave me all the answers, except this. This short block of code works without any problem: r = order.details.events & OPEN_PRICE_CHANGED;
#property indicator_chart_window    #property indicator_buffers 2    #property indicator_color1 DarkGreen    #property indicator_width1 3    #property indicator_color2 Green    #property indicator_width2 3    extern string note1 = "Stochastic settings";    extern string note2 = "default =...
[Deleted]
Hi,   I'm trying to combine a few indicators into one, and everything is going well, except for one small thing that I have never encountered before(the draw line function refuses to draw a solid line):      Here's the original code:   int init()  {   IndicatorBuffers(3);   SetIndexBuffer(0,...
[Deleted]
Hello How can I find the highest and lowest price of orders if I have opened many trades? I will be grateful for your help ;)   Regards,  Jacek 
Hi.    I've been developing some applications in MQL-4 (new release) language with the editor above, and was using the MQL5 Storage for Version Control.    I was using it normally, but now when I need to implement new features to my applications, the following procedures are made to checkout a...
I am unable to get an answer from Microsoft as to whether the rather old DDE technology regrettably used by MT4 for importing live data into Excel is supported in Excel 2013. I have followed the correct protocol but the Excel DDE formula =MT4|BID!EURUSD will simply not return the live data seen
Hi I've been searching for forums and trying to add this file but all I hear is that I have to wait for the moderator's aproval. Can any gentle soul add an alert to this please? Pop up and sound. Regards
  iHigh w/Arrays  (5)
Why is this not returning the iHigh values for the previous 10 bars? (It instead returns 10 10-digit numbers, seemingly unrelated to the price, including negative numbers):       void start()    {    int bars = 10;      if(bars >= Bars) bars = Bars - 1;       double highs[];      ArrayResize(highs,...
I'm currently using an EA that gives me good results, but in the settings window I have to choose the number of Lots to be traded, while I would prefer to have a % of available cash to set to my convenience. How can I modify the EA to obtain this? Any help truly appreciate, I can give you a copy of
If I enlarge the Tick Chart tab on the market Watch panel to the left, and I then see for instance 20 vertical grid lines, the ticks are drawn in the first 2 or 3 columns only, thus before the third vertical grid line. The rest of the panel only shows a straight vertical line. How to get the...
I have created an EA that uses the Dialog Controls with label. Is it possible to update the price (BID and ASK) which is the value for the label? Thanks
Ca in  somebody explain to me what sandbox means and what role does is play while using fileopen() function.And also I copy a file in a directory "file" in mql terminal but this file cannot b open by fileOpen(),not sure I copy the file in the right directory,the file is a txt file.Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi, could anyone point me in the right direction to find the above? I used the search function but didn't find anything :( I have the two I have attached here but one only does the arrow - no sound or po up, and the other does both but the sound alert keeps going non stop :( Any help appreciated....
Hi,   I'm fairly new to coding. I have very simple question.   I'd like to run an IF() statement which executes something as long as the numbers are even. Does anyone know how to do this?   i.e.   If (even number) { do this }    Better yet, is it possible to do:   If (variable = 3 or 4 or 5) {  do...
New article How to implement traders' orders and make a profit in the MQL5 Freelance service has been published: MQL5 Freelance is an online service where developers get paid for creating trading applications ordered by traders. Now, traders understand the difference between all the services on...
Hello, please, I would like a help for send SMS by SendMail() using Clickatell SMTP API. My MT4 platform is already configured and I can use SendMail() function with success. My Clickatell account is also correctly configured with SMTP API installed. If I send from my e-mail account, works. But when...
[Deleted]
Hi,   I am using Metatrader 4 on Linux Wine. I have a file in the folder "/home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/MetaTrader 4/MQL4/Files/xxx.csv"   I want MQL to delete this file or move the file to "/home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/MetaTrader 4/MQL4/Files/OLD/xxx.csv" after...
Hi, I have some idea to code ea. but i did not know to read the news in news tab. Because if we read new from website it will be delay and when ea receive the news it will be late. I see that in this tab, when the news realease, it show very quickly. So, i want to use the news in this tab to code ea...
i have ex4 files in my system. i want to avoid copying ex4 files. plz tel me any ideas regarding protection of ex4 files.. 
Hi there, Quick question. I want to open an order based on the previous order that hit it's stoplosss. To access the order that has just hit stoploss, such as it's OrderType(), OrderProfit(), OrderMagicNumber() etc, do I need to select it from ORDER_HISTORY, or can I access it from ORDER_POOL as it...
I'm trying to get the current quote for a symbol not in current window. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have tried with iClose(mySymbolString, 0, 0), MarketInfo(mySymbolString, MODE_BID), and even SymbolInfoDouble(mySymbolString, SYMBOL_BID). What I have tried so far: 1.- Any of the 3 above...
Hello, I've found a wrong response from IBarShift. On the MQL4 user manual iBarShift reports : "Returned value Bar shift with the open time specified. If the bar having the specified open time is missing, the function will return -1 or the nearest bar shift depending on the exact. " It writes the...
Hi guys, i'm new here, and i have a problem hoping that i can seek some guidance from you guys.  i have an EA that will enter trade based on MACD. the condition is quite simple, when the signal line, the MACD line is above or below 0 line, and the MACD histogram is ascending or descending, it will...
How to auto iraterate active all char windows with indicator? frequently,  the actived front windows auto-refresh only, those back char MDI-windows not refresh.  
[Deleted]
Hi there, I have the following problem with my EA: It opens a trade when trade signal is hit (lets say 'long'), when that trade is finished (TP or Sl) it waits until signal turns to short and then opens a short position. It SHOULD keep on trading as long as the signal is valid, although there should...
Is anybody else having problems using CryptEncode and CryptDecode? The compiler doesn't seem to recognize them (builds 914 and 934).
I testes an EA, and I selected 14 years for the test (2000 to 2014) and it only make 81 trades. I checked diary and all trades are made in 2014. ¿What happened here? (I select do the test from 2000)
Can somebody help me with script / example to access MS SQLServer from MT4 /MT5