MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 728

[Deleted]
I need the script for viewing the market watch time dynamically in my message.   String Message; Message = " Now the Time is " + " xxx Market Watch time xxx" ; Comment(Message);   I need the solution for the above script   
Hi! I've got a good EA, but If It's open a position, and when this position will go wrong later, I'd like to close it 12 hours later. How could I do this? I know, I need a for cycle. For example:  for (i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) OrderSelect(__Ticket(0),SELECT_BY_TICKET)  if (__isExist(0) &&...
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the Spread: 2 setting for build 625 (and perhaps any other previous builds) being far less than 2 pips (perhaps it's at 0.2 pips)? After recently doing some backtests on the spread 2 setting and getting unbelievably great results on all timeframes, I did...
[Deleted]
Please,  can anyone help me solve this. I do not want it to open a new trade, at the exact same price as an exisiting open order. I tryed this, but it keeps open new orders at the same price. I have read a lot in the documentation, book and forum. There must be something that I am missing....
Hi:   Is there any interface to read the MT4 trading history from an external application? And any approaches to communicate between the MT4 and the externals please?   For example, I want to read the last 50 tradings to analyze the trading behavior in Matlab or C++ etc.   Thanks 
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I just want to write a small indicator to give me an alert when 3 consecutive bars close (bearish or bullish) ... Any clue how to do it? Thanks in Advance
My fxt file has 3.7GB and the strategy tester finished the test successfully with trades executed throughout entire "From" - "To" testing period. MT4 version: 445. Has the 2GB limit been fixed? If so, when? I can't find any official statement/confirmation
[Deleted]
I have many indicators, scripts and EAs. I know that MT4 needs  the following architecture: MQL4>Experts > EAs MQL4>Indicators > Indicators MQL4>Scripts > Scripts There can be folders within as well! For example: MQL4>Experts>EAgroup1>EA1 MQL4>Experts>EAgroup1>EA2 MQL4>Experts>EAgroup2>EA3...
Hi everyone, I'm having trouble getting my head around the difference between  Ma shift and applied price. Can someone explain it to me ? Thanks   Stewart 
Hi,   i would like to determine if a given symbol is a forex or non forex symbol. Any suggestions?   void UpdateSymbolData(){    int Now=(int)TimeCurrent();  for (int i=0;i<SymbolsTotal(false);i++)    {   string S=SymbolName(i,false);   double D=MarketInfo(S,MODE_DIGITS);    double TickValue =...
alpari changed minimal lot in the ecn-new account type from 0.01 to 0.1. as i am using averaging, i need small entries for opening of positions. so i was forced to move to standard account. this kind of changes force me to do extra work and can lead to loss in some cases, when EA is controlling
Hi guys,   i´m a newbie in code. But i´m studying hard. I´ve been experimenting an EA with heiken ashi and i´m running into some trouble that i´m not able to fix.  All I want it to do is: if it turns red go short; if it turns blue (or green whatever) go long; Maybe this is something i´m not...
Hi, I've created a demo account and then I've disconnected MT and deleted the hst-files. Then I've imported external data into several markets such as EURGBP, XAGUSD, EuroStoxx50 and so on. Most of them work fine, but on several markets I've encountered a problem: the strategy tester takes extremely...
Following code works fine in old builds but not in 600+ builds. In new builds it only passes and get back first letter of the strings. Any one here to tell how to fix this for new builds?? #import "GlobalVariable.dll"   int GV_SetNamedString(string StrName, string StrValue);   string...
Please, i need someone to help me to modify the attached indicator to show Support and Resistance like the below chart instead of arrow. Thanks
I was wondering if there was a method to save inputs for indicator ex4s.  Expert Advisors there is no problem to save the settings [.set] file, but the indicator input screen does not have this.  using mt4 build 670.  This is annoying because some indicators have long inputs that could be loaded via...
Can i make an expert advisor based on the indicators which are on the tab 'insert' , Fibonacci, Gann, in the MT4 platform?  I can't find these indicators in any folder of the platform so i was wondering if i can make an EA out of the indicators.   Ed 
[Deleted]
I don't know if this is standard procedure and the test can't use stop losses, but I found no way to use them in the strategy tester. I tried both the following code, but the stop loss get's completely ignored: int slippage = 10;double stoploss = 0.0001;int MagicNumber = 123;ticket =...
[Deleted]
hello, i'm trying to convert old HMA code to new one. it is working in old version without problem. under build 610, it gives error: array out of range. i'm not familiar with indicators. what is basic difference between old and new indicators and buffers? is indexing changed? //---- indicator...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I am trying to use a dual MA crossover indicator  ( IINWMARROWS.mq4  found in internet) which just displays arrows when a crossing of the two selectedMA's takes place in RENKO charts. It works ok most of the times but all of a suidden sometimes I get some extra arrows in the last candles...
  Corrupt data  (4)
Good day all. Today my LQDMarkets-Demo was showing corrupt data on 4 cfd's - ym, #z, #fdax, #fce, #cl Screenshot here http://screencast.com/t/DUwz6ZhINGn - all 5 being similar. I tried deleting the corresponding files in  \history\LQDMarkets-Demo but it didn't help.  Any suggestions? 
how to prevent order opening if pullback candles occur? TF = H1
Hi,  Is it possible to remove a manual trailing stop [originally created by right-clicking on a pending order and adding a trailing stop] in EA code? Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks, Neil 
hi please help me i want get crossover moving average with price apply and rsi , please note I do not want use previous indicator data i want use price data for moving average. can do it? or not? Tanks you :)
Hello friends... Recently  after long absence in coding I read that the new MQL4 extends fully from MQL5 and now it inherits full functionality of MQL5 and resembles C++, of course now it has OOP concept and leave the old procedural way. As a programmer I was happy when heard this news,...
Hello,that's a lot of time I don't write here! I need help from you. I'm trying to interface Matlab and MT4 and I tried many solutions without results. No problems about MT4-Matlab direction because Matlab reads very well CSV format made by MT4, but I can't import files of any kind in MT4. If I use...
[Deleted]
Can enumeration be used in MQL4? I'd like to have input parameters where an input is Moving Average Method and the user has a choice of Simple, Exponential, etc instead of having to input 0, 1, etc. Is that possible? Thanks, Paul
Hello, sorry for my bad english To continue learning MQL4 , I wrote this simple code. There is a detecting 2 Moving Average crossings . This code works correctly , but I'm open to constructive criticism to learn and improve Thank you for your comments
[Deleted]
Hi! 1.At a certain point of calculation when I have a number like this(i.e) -> 3.647 remaining, I need to remove (subtract) 3 so I would have 0.647 for further calculations. Also I do not know which whole number it would be. 2.How do I get these 3 digits from a price reading ,i.e: 0.87130 How do I