MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 725

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to make the trading disable trough the expert advisor?\  What I mean is that I have couple of experts that working in charts, and I want to build another expert advisor that if the account balance/equity is under x value than disable the trading of any...
  Question EA  (3)
Hallo, Im trying to write an EA based on PSAR and MACD. if the PSAR gives a Sell Signal and the MACD is less than its signal line i want to place a Sell order. When backtesting the EA doesnt open a Sell if the trade logic includes: if(openorders==true)if(PSAR_BAR1 < CLOSE_BAR1 && PSAR_BAR0 >...
New article Do Traders Need Services from Developers? has been published: Algorithmic trading becomes more popular and needed, which naturally led to a demand for exotic algorithms and unusual tasks. To some extent, such complex applications are available in the Code Base or in the Market. Although...
[Deleted]
I have this, with help from FXEZ, but it loops throug all orders, and I only want to through the last 2 orders. bool TradePriceAllowed() {   for(int k=OrdersTotal()-1;k>=0;k--) {      if((OrderSelect(k,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) &&        (OrderSymbol()==Symbol())&&(OrderMagicNumber()==Magic))...
[Deleted]
Hi,   I am absolutly new to MQL4 coding. I want to make it happen that it changes the comment of an order. And I want that it checks the order comment in an if-sentence after that.    How to code that?   Thanks! :) 
Hi, Is this possible to open trade on exact seconds? eg: @10(HH):15(MM):01(SS) i want open buystop/sellstop at 10:15:01 is this possible to code to filter seconds?
I cannot uninstall mt4 on my computer. Even when I attempt uninstall using the "run as administrator" option, I get this message: C:\Program Files(x86)\IBFX MT4\Uninstall.exe A referral was returned from the server. My broker is IBFX.
[Deleted]
  Meta Trader 4 Tester Bugs  (19   1 2)
I found some strange behaviour on MT4 when you are testing an EA or Indicator that calls another indicator that has higher time frame than your tester time frame. It worked well on trading environment, but doesn't works on tester environment. Given example you are testing the indicator using M1...
  Gap or no gap on AUD/NZD?  (13   1 2)
Last Thursday there was a news in New Zealand and that prompted the Kiwi to fall sharply against the Aussie.   According to my MT4 , there was a huge gap at 7 AM, EST Australia time or 00.00 MT4/ broker time.   See images:               But...on the ProRealTime chart, there was no gap...so I wonder...
[Deleted]
Is there a way to add the new close, of a period, to the sum of previous period(s) closes?  So that I can divide by the number of periods, to find the average close value? Thanks!
  Question for IF  (5)
Dear friends ,   i have a question for "if" and it would be great if you help me   is it correct to write something like this?   if((A1>100 && A2<100) || (B1>100 && B2<100));  
[Deleted]
Hi.  I write a prorealtime TS that use ADX. I see that ADX in prorealtime e iADX in mql4 are different. Is it true? Do i need to implement my own adx? Thanks.   Andrea 
  AppData  (1)
Can somebody tell me where the AppData folder is?  The pathway in the Data Folder shows that the AppData folder should be in the 'user name' folder.  However, listed in my 'user name' folder are Contacts Currenex Desktop Downloads Favorites Links My Documents My Music My Pictures My Videos...
[Deleted]
As you can see, i open SELL position on 137.042,  S/L on 137.135, how ever it close on 137.245 any1 occur this before ?  Any explanation for this ?   Hope some1 can help. Thanks in advance 
  Pip calculation  (1)
Hi, I  yesterday faced a surprising feature of a new broker, here the array of the difference to another broker: Symbol Descr. Point Digits Diff Spread Stp-Level LotSize TickValue TickSize USDCNH US Dollar vs Chinese 0,0001 4 1 30 100000 1,619 0,0001 USDCNH US...
[Deleted]
  datafeed  (3)
developing MQL4, can someone tell me how metatrader datafeed is organised? e.g. if I signup for a demo account with ETX I need to download MT4. if I signup for a demo account with vantage I need to download MT4. can I install MT4  once and then select my datafeed? how do I know what datafeeds are...
New article Building a Social Technology Startup, Part II: Programming an MQL5 REST Client has been published: In the previous part of this article, we presented the architecture of a so-called Social Decision Support System. On the one hand, this system consists of a MetaTrader 5 terminal sending...
Hi, Does anyone know how to call the 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor indicator using the iCustom function with all the default parameters? Its giving me the error message that it has the wrong parameter count. iCustom(NULL,0,"3_Level_ZZ_Semafor" ,true,false,false,false,false,false ,false,false,false,false,false...
This indicator crashes whenever the variable History is larger than the number of bars I have in data history. int start()  {   //******** TEMPLATE INDICADOR **********/   int i, counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();   i = Bars - counted_bars - 1;   if (i > History - 1)      i = History - 1;...
[Deleted]
Hello, why does iBandsOnArray(williams,BBPeriode,BBPeriode,BBDeviation,BBShift,MODE_MAIN,0) give me the correct value from current bar, but when i try to get the last closed bar value with writing a 1 to the index shift parameter iBandsOnArray(williams,BBPeriode,BBPeriode,BBDeviation,BBShift...
When I drag it to the chart it does everything it is supposed to do except execute buy on the chart. Live trading is checked . Script is attached. Please advise, thanks
[Deleted]
  GET 5 DECIMAL  (7)
Very good,  Again I start learning to program in MQL.  Now what I want is to calculate the average high and low price.  First in a separate window, and 5 decimal places in the result.  The problem is I know I have to use "DoubleToString". But I put it all the way and got the error....
I am having problems with storing data in arrays in an EA. i think i've done everything OK, but it is obvious i haven't and i can't see where the problem is. I hope anyone sees what i am doing wrong:...
Hello I'd love if MT4 brokers would be able to offer Micro CFDs on the indexes just like FXCM has lately added:   http://www.dailyforex.com/forex-figures/forex-brokers-2/micro-cfds-offered-fxcm/1449   Is there any chance that it will happen? Thank you 
This indicator does nothing but illustrate my problem: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                          Why.mq4 |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property version   "1.00"#property...
Hi Everyone! I need some help wih a free EA, it needs a little modification, so if anyone could be so kind to help me out, please let me know. I have attached the free EA here. Modifcitations the EA needs: - Do not close any open orders before the SL or TP value is hit. - Do not open new order on a...
Hello, I'm sad that the date input box does not allow me to copy and paste a date & time and modify it slightly like I was able to. I'm now obliged to retype all the date by hand, can't you make the copy and paste work otherwise it has become very unproductive for me. Thanks. 
I'm wanting to delete 3 orders and replace them if the below is true... I'm doing something wrong though as it is not deleting all 3 open pending orders and replacing them all with new "NewBuyOrder"... Can anyone help? Thanks!      for(PositionIndex1 = TotalNumberOfOrders1 - 1; PositionIndex1 >= 0 ;...
Good all,       Plz i want to add breakeven and breakeven gain to this ea ,that is if it goes to a certain pips it should move the stop to breakeven plus certain pips            and i don't want the EA to place an immediately i attache it to the chart, that is the EA should wait for the next signal...
I have an indicator which looks at 15 different pairs at the same time to find a trend. It works perfectly on H1 timeframe, however on any other timeframe it is blank.I suppose it is because there is no historical data on that pair downloaded. But why it doesnt automatically download it from the