MetaTrader 4 Platform Update Build 670: Virtual Hosting, Web Requests and Working with Signals from MQL Applications - page 3

The integrated Email option seams not to work with build 670 anymore.

When I try to send a test message the following note is displayed in the terminal: Mail 'Test message' failed. I used the same login parameters as with Build 660. I crosse check with build 660 and it is still working with my login parameters. 

I have encountered problems under Build 670 with FileWriteStruct() and FileReadStruct() when used in an MT4 library. The problems may have been present before 670, but I do not know, as I only started using or rather trying to use these functions under 670.

The functions give a return value of -1 and do nothing when called in a library, but work in an EA or script.

There is also a discrepancy between what the doc says and what the compiler expects. The doc says the return value is an int with -1 meaning fail, but the compiler expects a uint return as per the MT5 versions of these functions.

I have reported the problems via the Service Desk.

A work around is to use an array of a single struct element for the writing via FileWriteArray() and reading via FileReadArray(). That works in a library as well as in an EA, indicator, or script.

Respected sir,

My buy sell script stop working after this update please do the needful

ENUM_TIMEFRAMES is not compatible with MT4, and therefore is unusable.

until this is resolved, you can use

enum eTIMEFRAMES
{  Current = 0,
   M1 = 1,
   M5 = 5,
   M15 = 15,
   M30 = 30,
   H1 = 60,
   H4 = 240,
   D1 = 1440,
   W1 = 10080,
   MN1 = 43200
};

very nice version, i hope you continue update

there is a small problem, when the MT is opened and i add an expert to the folder, then i make a refresh in expert navigator panel; the expert appear

but when i open the strategy tester i didn't see it there and i forced again to RESTART the terminal ? 

thank you .. 

IAEBusiness:

very nice version, i hope you continue update

there is a small problem, when the MT is opened and i add an expert to the folder, then i make a refresh in expert navigator panel; the expert appear

but when i open the strategy tester i didn't see it there and i forced again to RESTART the terminal ? 

thank you .. 

I confirm this behaviour. In my opinion it's a bug, can you report it to ServiceDesk of Metaquotes ?

EAs are not compiled automatically after you add them. So if you added a source only, you have to compile it before it becomes visible in tester.

graziani:
EAs are not compiled automatically after you add them. So if you added a source only, you have to compile it before it becomes visible in tester.

If you copy an .ex4 in MQL4/Experts then "Refresh" in navigator, it should appear in Tester too as it's already compiled and usable.

If you copy a .mql4 file, then "Refresh", it's compiled automatically and appears now in Navigator window, so it should appears too in Tester.

angevoyageur:

If you copy an .ex4 in MQL4/Experts then "Refresh" in navigator, it should appear in Tester too as it's already compiled and usable.

If you copy a .mql4 file, then "Refresh", it's compiled automatically and appears now in Navigator window, so it should appears too in Tester.

aaa.... so it is completely inconsistent. refresh doesn't compile unless it is a new file. and tester is refreshed only after compiling in editor. and tester isn't refreshed after removal of EA neither.

well, one shouldn't expect too much. 

bonus question: if you add both source and executable, does it get re-compiled anyway as a you just added it? :) 

Anyway IMO, refresh shouldn't compile in any case. 

graziani:

aaa.... so it is completely inconsistent. refresh doesn't compile unless it is a new file. and tester is refreshed only after compiling in editor. and tester isn't refreshed after removal of EA neither.

well, one shouldn't expect too much. 

bonus question: if you add both source and executable, does it get re-compiled anyway as a you just added it? :) 

Anyway IMO, refresh shouldn't compile in any case. 

In fact, it is not. I was mislead as after copying the mq4 file and then clicking Refresh, the new file appears in the Navigator. But it's not compiled (why it appears then ?), if you try to attach it to a chart it doesn't work and give an error message that .ex4 file is not found.
Reason: