MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 362

Hello, I am trying to make an EA, the main point is to set a long term sell order and while it is in profit but the trend seems to be reversing, place a buy order to hedge. I would like my EA to only place 1 sell order within a single day while it can place buy orders whenever the conditions are met...
I have three DLLS I use one is for SQL and built by  Sergey Lukin Runs Great ! Thanks for posting it  I also TA-Lib-Core.dll and one I made .  To prevent mutex I found a post from William Roeder https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/154746. Works great! Thanks! Here is the question I have two.   EA_1 wins...
What is the commission per 100k amount? Can it be formulated?
Hello, I want to write an EA. What I want to do is to create a trend indicator that is based on moving average . The main idea is that if the moving average is pointing to 2 o'clock, that will give a signal of an uptrend. If the moving average is pointing to 4 o'clock, that will signal a downtrend
  Arrays....  (14   1 2)
Hi guys... My EA has about 30 Arrays - all calculating specific values - which are stored in Global Variables that I use throughout my code. My Question is: - Will my code be faster if I consolidate all (or group) my Arrays and Global Variables in 1 function?
Has anyone else had problems displaying out these functions in a browser with the new build (509) ?? It will display them in the MT4 platform but when I open them with a browser, it only displays July 12, 2013 (I dont know why). I have tried today, yesterday, last week, last month, last 3 months,...
  ERROR CODE 4051  (2)
Hi guys, this is my first post here! ive written a basic EA and ive just gone to test it but i am getting the same error code below,   EURUSDi,M1: OrderSend error #4051 invalid function parameter value Heres my code   I have all the correct settings in MT4 its self allowing it to trade  i just cant...
Here is my skype Voldemar227 ICQ 155553959 I have an idea I would like to implement it in the advisor want to write an advisor call me back
Hi, I am relatively new to coding EAs so i apologize if my code is sloppy and if the solution to my problem is basic. However,  i have been struggling for weeks, i want my EA to open a buy and a sell on initialization and then as soon as one of them takes profit open another buy and sell and then...
  I always get 1?  (4)
int return_price(int ttype)  { //function that returns price   int price=0;   for(int cnt=0;cnt<OrdersTotal();cnt++)     {      bool result=OrderSelect(cnt,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES);      if(OrderType()==ttype && OrderMagicNumber()!=666 && OrderMagicNumber()!=667) price=OrderOpenPrice();     }...
#property strict #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Blue #property indicator_color2 Red //---- input parameters extern int ADX_period = 14 ; extern bool UseADX_level = true ; extern double ADX_level =
Hi, I've been doing some research and there's a "Volume weighted Awesome Oscillator", which uses volume weighted moving average instead of SMA. Does anyone have the version for MT4 ? Help is appreciated. Regards Jo.
Hi, I want toask you how I can use a custom period that is not present in ENUM_TIMEFRAMES, for example PERIOD_Y1 (= 1 Year),in calls to indicators like MACD:   iMACD(NULL, PERIOD_Y1, 12, 26, 9, PRICE_CLOSE, MODE_MAIN, 1);
OK, first post so please bear with me !!! Have been using MT4 for some time now and very happy with the functionality, how you can add third party custom indicators/EA to the charts etc.  I have a specific task I am trying to complete, which I initially thought would be fairly straight forward, but,...
[Deleted]
Hello, We want to display web page on the chart windows, by using expert or indicator. This has done on interbankfx mt4 by mt4i. There are different functionality like one click trading etc. But we only want to be able to open a webpage on chart. Can anyone help me about this? Thanks
long searchHandle=FileFindFirst(_subFolder+"\\*",fileFirst); Hi, The above code is occasionally returning a large negative number like -1905372416. This is fooling my code that tests as follows:- if(searchHandle!=INVALID_HANDLE) As INVALID_HANDLE equates to -1 only. I cannot see why I would get such...
Hi, I want toask you, if it is possible, inside an EA to load an indicator from anothertimeframe, different of the current timeframe. Let’s say Iload my EA in EURUSD PERIOD_M15. And I want to see the MACD indicator (12, 26,9); but not about PERIOD_M15, BUT in reference to PERIOD_D1. thanks!
Which one is best when calculating the position sizing relative to the risk of over exposure? Been thinking; I have run back-tests on ST and imported the data per pair into excel and then sorted them chronologically. When these back-tests were done, only one trade can be open at any one time....
Hello, Since I chose programming a market robot in school as a subject (a decision I highly regret) I assumed we would get taught all the basics- mistakenly and since our teacher won´t teach us anything about how to program an ea but still wants to see results from us, I have to train it myself,...
On MT4 I am having a weird issue. On loading an self made indicator on two charts, everything works ok. The moment this indicator is put on a third chart, i am getting No Connection error restarting MT4.  What could be the reasons for this?
  Moving HLine  (20   1 2)
Hi, I wrote this code to mark S/R levels on the chart, but object is not moved at least in backtester:    if(Support>0){ // SUPPORT IS OPEN/CLOSE PRICE OF THE LAST CANDLE      ObjectCreate(0,SupportLine,OBJ_HLINE,0,0,Support);      ObjectSet(SupportLine,OBJPROP_COLOR,clrBlue);      if(ObjectMove(0...
Hi, couldsomebody give me advice on proper Object positioning? I create acolumn of labels and buttons. In some MT4 terminals the appearance is right,but in others, the buttons get painted on top of the labels.
  Really slow VPS  (2)
Hi guys, So since I don't know whom to ask on MQL5 (is there some sort of help desk or something?) I am posting it here and hoping that I will get som help from you guys... This Monday I started a trading account on ICmarkets Live11 server and signed up for VPS hosting through the MT4 platform and...
Hi, there. How can i add custom or mql5 market indicators on mt4 android version? Thanks.
I believe there should be a thread on the forum already having a discussion regarding the subject. But Looking into this in depth and been on my mind for a while now. Is there any solid evidence regarding the difference regarding backtesting and optimization with MT4 on a 32Bit PC and a 64Bit PC?...
Hi experts, I have learnt about mql4 and stuck with "for" loop.plz see the script. void OnStart()  {int e =2;for(int i=1;i<3;i++)  {   for(int j=i;j<j+e;j++)     {      Print(j);     }  }     } It's not complex at all.But The result maked me so confuse.  I think the shown value should be 1,2,2,3....
  draw circle  (2)
Hello , I know how to create an ellipse : ObjectCreate(objname,OBJ_ELLIPSE,window,time1,price1,time2,price2);ObjectSet(objname,OBJPROP_SCALE,scale); But i want  a perfect circle, the plot shape does not change as you zoom in/out, either horizontally or vertically. How to do? Tnx
Have this loop to get some values for code operation:    for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++){      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)&&         OrderSymbol()==Symbol()&&OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber){         if(OrderType()==OP_BUY){            BuyLots+=NormalizeDouble(OrderLots()...
how to remove take profit from buy order i call buy1 when a sell1 order open i need it to attached to the name sell1 because there will be a sell2 in ea code for ex4 mt4