MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 362

Writing EA  (3)
I am new to mql4 programming. I have watched alot of video of mql4 programming and i am ready to start developing my own but my challenge is that when I create a new file I dont see the Start() function as i saw it in the video but I am see OnTick(), OnInit(). Has the Start() function been removed...
Dear firends, I want to assign a name on a variable and I want the name to include the Timeframe or the symbol name of the current chart. As an example suppose that I'm running my indicator on "W1" timeframe so I want my variable name to be XYZ_W1 . I want to know is it possible in MQL4 to do so ?...
  NewOrder after last lose  (11   1 2)
Good Evening i'm not able to do: Make a new order after the last lost, the new order must be sended when the price crosses the last order close price. the code: //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| OnTick...
Hello, i am interested if there is any way to move each particular bar to remove space between open and close of previous bar
Hello Is it possible to assign indicator buffer for all bars to an array while the indicator has bars limit? For example the indicator calculating buffer for last 500 bars , and I want to assign buffer for all bars into an array. because I don't have access source to remove this limit
I am new to MT4 trading. I have spec'd and commissioned a EA and trading dashboard via the freelance service for Forex trading. I need to be able to reliably run my backtesting and the robot. I have read that EA on a Mac doesn't work reliably. I have a great Mac and would much prefer to use it but...
Hi Guys, Please can someone help me or point me in the right direction - i have looked far and wide but still no luck...wish i knew some coding . https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/122352 Based on the above thread... i have the RSI and the MA in the same window, my levels are 90 and 10, how can i add an...
Hi Gents, I have the following code  it works perfect on my EA  tester but when it comes to automatic validation  it fails int start()  {//----int TCC = 0;   for(int ii = OrdersTotal()-1; ii >= 0; ii--) {     if(!OrderSelect(ii,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) continue;  if(OrderSymbol() != Symbol() ||...
Hi Support There is a function to insert directly from code an Alert, just like the image here in the bottom? Thanks for reply
Have this code for building a grid of orders, grid is working properly but OrderOpenPrice don't change its value to match the last OP:    for(int i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--){      if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)&&OrderSymbol()==Symbol()){                                              //...
I'm a newbie who has done a lot to try and solve the problems but I can't find answers to the following: 1. When running the Ichimoku Ea in the Strategy tester and live the Ea buys, sells and works perfectly, except for at the end of the test run when the MT4 Ichimoku indicator gets called in all...
Hi guys, can you tell me what's wrong with my calculations? Works fine on 5-digit-pairs as well as on metals but to get the correct values for JPY pairs I need to divide them by 100. But why? I thought my calculation is correct for every pair. void OnStart()  {   double openRisk=0;   for (int...
I spilled some coffee on my laptop and quickly used paper to dry & clean everything - no damage :) BUT because I wiped the keys my MetaTrader app starts as normal but after a few seconds only the top bar shows - I now have to manually select view and terminal or view and strategy tester etc. I know...
Lot increment is failing when Martingale < 1.5                double NextLong=OrderOpenPrice()-(GridSize*10)*Point;               Comment("Next BUY order at ",NextLong);               double GridLots=NormalizeDouble(OrderLots()*Martingale,2);               if(Ask<=NextLong&&!OrderSend(OrderSymbol()...
Hi, Anyone encounter this problem before? The system cannot optimise the EA in a lower timeframe. It can optimise at 1-hour time frame for the very same EA. However, if I did not do any optimisation in a lower time frame, the backtest is able to come back with some results. When I optimise at lower...
Hello, I have the following overloaded function: double normalize(const double price,const bool normalized)  {   return normalize(price,normalized,0);  }double normalize(const double price,const bool normalized,const int digits_delta)  {   double value=0.0;   if(normalized)     {      const int...
[Deleted]
In C++, you can have a pointer to a funtion, giving the programmer the ability tohave arrays of funtions and variable funtions and functions in objects. (here'san example from http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/pointers.html) // pointer to functions #include <iostream> using namespace std; int...
[Deleted]
What code can accomplish importing the current bid and ask price of the currency pair that would be in the account base currency, and that would be used in the TICKVALUE calculation? I ask because more and more brokers are prostituting MT4 data feed by not including incorrect values which the
Hello, I'm trying to write an EA but I have a problem when I do a backtest. It seems to work properly for a moment and then it does something that I really don't understand. The problem: 2 15:22:04.133 2018.11.07 02:42:47  DoubleScalp(1.2) EURUSD,M5: open #352 sell stop 0.02 EURUSD at 1.14519 ok...
Hi, Im having issues with an array that will constantly return compiler error for this array. string time1 = timeperiod1,time2 = timeperiod2,time3 = timeperiod3,time4 = timeperiod4,time5 = timeperiod5,time6 = timeperiod6,time7 = timeperiod7,time8 = timeperiod8,time9 = timeperiod9,time10 =...
MQL4 how to identify in the past 10 days, MA 20days never below MA 10days? which means the 20-day average line is always above 10-day average line. thanks 
Hi, How do I code this? I want to have a system that will sell when price crossed below its 100-bar moving average and the price must stay above its 100-bar moving average for more than or equal to 20 bars Thanks in advance
When using strategy tester on say H1, it initially uses lower time frames as shown just above the progress bar - for example it states, "collecting M1", then "collecting M15".  Can someone explain that please. 
Greetings, I have the latest version of MT4 and the F12 function does not work for advancing the chart bar by bar. Nothing at all happens when I hit F12. Any suggestions on how to make this work?  Thank you Mike 
Hello, I have a pending order expert advisor which places many pending Buy Stop orders and Sell stop orders with a specific gap, one after another. But the only problem is that it is placing Take profits and stop losses according to pips for example if a buy position at 113.560 it will place 20 pip...
Hi. Since we usually set a lot size of every EA in the appeal to a maximum drawdown (max DD), then THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is to see a graph display of a balance and a drawdown on the same chart, to see its curves and values in each changed point OR, at least, to know what is a balance value [USD
How do i remove the red 120 number on mt4 market tab ? I tried to click every tab in market and scroll it up and down. https://imgur.com/a/jNobsGP
On MT4 it has a DOM. Ok, On any other charting software, the DOM will show the stop and limit orders on the prices above and below the current price. Not on MT4. I dont have any orders showing. I have ask the broker, Hugo's way, and they say yes that is the way it is.  Not much of an answer. How is...
  Previous Bar Trailing Stop  (42   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, has anyone a trailing stop EA which moves the stop to the previous bar's low/high? Thank you!!
I have this codes but not work close function How can I success it extern double LotSize = 0.5 ;int BuyTicket; int SellTicket;int magic;double atr_current, atr_past;//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Expert initialization...