MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 723

[Deleted]
Hi I wonder if I can use MT4 for getting EMA, MACD, stochastics crossover on stocks. Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to make an indicator that takes 4 entry values (Stochastic Oscillator, Stochastic Oscillator Slow, RSI(9) and RSI(14)), powers them to some set weights (w11 to w14) and then multiplies the result to store it in a variable (S1). Then, this variable is multiplied by another set...
Hi:   I met a problem when I use the OrderModify to change the stop value, an error pops as: OrderModify error 1 For example, the message occurs when I try to place the stop 3 pips under the low price of previous close candle.  It seems not affecting the result, but just keep showing the error...
[Deleted]
Hello Im trying to install already downloaded templates and indicators on meta trader 4 however, when going on to the platform and loading templates these files do not show up. I am placing file in the templates folder. Anyone experience this type of problem.
[Deleted]
DDE and excel - Volume I am not getting volume to work, the mt4 sample does not have volume I have tried these but not getting volume to work i have bid,ask,hi,low working but not volume ='MT4'|VOL!EURUSD ='MT4'|VOLUME!EURUSD =MT4|VOL!EURUSD =MT4|VOLUME!EURUSD
[Deleted]
if(CheckValueTime==iTime(NULL,TimeFrame,0)) return(0);else CheckValueTime = iTime(NULL,TimeFrame,0); I got this code from other forum and I have this code in my ea too. And I got a different results between with and with out this code. With this code it's can run optimization faster than without. I...
My MT4 folder has more than 60GB capacity. I found there many logs in subfolders C:\Program Files\MT4\logs and C:\Program Files\MT4\testes\logs Many files was grater than 3,4,5,6 GB ! How to disable logs on Meta Trader 4 ?
All builds are 670, Jul 2014. DLL calls are allowed under tools, options. I don't know if this could even be an error with the code?   #import "user32.dll"   int GetParent(int hWnd);   int SendMessageA(int hWnd, int Msg, int wParam, int lParam);#import#define WM_MDIACTIVATE 0x222#define MAX_CHARTS...
Hello I have a 28 charts loaded with the same EA, and AutoTrading off.  The EA, on init, opens a file, populates an array from the contents, and close the filehandle. If I click AutoTrade on, all the EAs jump into action at the same time.  They all try and access the file at the same time.  I know...
The article Why Is It Important to Update MetaTrader 4 to the Latest Build by August 1? has been published:From August 1, 2014, MetaTrader 4 desktop terminals older than build 600 will no longer be supported. However, many traders still work with outdated versions and are unaware of the updated...
One of my MT4 platforms is an Alpari 509 build that I've always kept offline for back testing since the history data I've imported to its History Center has always remained imported with no problems.  For some reason, the latest EA I've tried to back test on the platform won't produce any results....
Hi all,    Does any one know how the calculate the formula for a stop out level, basically how many points if i have a n open position i need to loose to reach certain stop out level?   Thank you in advance  
Hi, first of all thank's for a good update! But seems there is a lot of work to do more)) Windows XP 64 and MT4 Build 670 in Program Files (x86) I'm launching fresh installed MT4 via \Program Files (x86)\MT4\start.cmd: cd /d "%~dp0"terminal boot_r.bin /portableexit boot_r.bin is:...
[Deleted]
When running a script, there is a Dependencies tab. I did not check the tab for ages, but I gave a look at it today and I got surprise. In fact I created only a simple script with wininet.dll import. But the dependency tab seems to displays a complete winapi, with hundreds of functions I never heard...
Hi,    I would like to test my EAs on a past period (for instance from 01/01/2014 to 01/02/2014), but it seems that one can only make EAs that works at the present moment (with the int Start() function). Any advice will be welcome :-) Cheers Aymeric
Hello I have a file which I wrote with Notepad which contains: 1406718000 1406719800 so should have Win line endings. This code: void readInTradeEvents() { i = 0 ; int fh= FileOpen ( "eventdates.txt" , FILE_READ ); if (fh != INVALID_HANDLE ) { ArrayResize (dates, 0 ); //
Hi, In the pre-500-mt4 I was able to change mt4 default-extpert (and the others) now I can't find them any more. Anybody with a hint - please? Thanks in advance, Gooly
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm trying to make an indicator that takes 4 entry values (Stochastic Oscillator, Stochastic Oscillator Slow, RSI(9) and RSI(14)), powers them to some set weights (w11 to w14) and then multiplies the result to store it in a variable (S1). Then, this variable is multiplied by another set...
Hi Coders, I'm working on a DLL function written in C++. The function will read the content of a file on the Internet. Then the content will return to the .EX4 (Build 600+). Please, take a look at my C++ code: #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN  // Exclude rarely-used stuff from Windows headers#include...
Hi, I certainly appreciate the willingness of everyone here to help--it has benefitted me greatly.  And I am sorry some are tired (qjol et al.)  Some day I do hope to donate to say thanks. In testing my demo account I notice that sometimes an order can be filled in stages.  Say I send in an order...
Hi everyone,  I have a problem with my EA, indeed i want to display a THUMB UP for each tick on the graph, so i wrote the following EA but the problem is that it only displays the thumb for the 1st tick and then no more ticks.... Cheers Aymeric int...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I would like to be able to automatically tile all chart windows in the MT4 terminal. The keyboard command is <ALT> + R, and this can be automated using keyboard events e.g. https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-programming/3805-key-event-within-mq4-programs.html. However, this solution...
I can't make CopySpread work. It returns array of zeroes. Tried with 4 and 5 digits brokers, EURUSD, GOLD and Dow Jones index. Code I used is for testing is copied example from CopySpread() documentation page: #property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 1//---- plot...
Hello, Actually to modify the period for Account History trades i have to set it manually in MT4 terminal by right clicking on a history trade line and selecting custom period. Is there a solution (metatrader function or winapi) to modify the custom period for history pool in an expert advisor?...
Hi, if my EA partial-closes its order, another ticket opens down at the Orderopen price of the order that just partial - closed (which should be impossible for example in the below picture ticket #20 opens at 20 pips below the bid/Ask line) It happens to me on different brokers, different computers...
Hello,  I would like to ask you whether it's possible to download history data to the metatrader through EA? I have some script which require history data and if they are not available it makes error. The only known way which I know how to download history data is shown in the image below.     Thank...
Hello traders, I have Doda-Donchian indicator. I have some problem with this indicator when I used to backtest on Strategy Tester. I take Doda indicator to Chart while empty EA running on Strategy Tester. In Resistance Line 1, 2, 3 Pivot Level, Support Line 1,2,3, each one of them have their own...
Just wanting to throw a question out there! To make my question simple to understand, lets assume the following on H1: For every up bar, on average, the next bar is a down bar.For every down bar, on average, the next bar is an up bar. Now, lets further assume that the averages are more in your...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, thanx for your help , i was wondering if someone can address me to the right direction here... im trying to create a function that scan all the pairs in the market watch and return only the one where a specific currency (for example the EUR) is contained..   Thanks!!! 
  Bar close rules  (8)
Is it better to use iClose() or Close[1] when comparing two in an "if" statement? I have an open position I want to manage through comparing of H1 bars. I don't seem to be getting it right. Hypothetically, what is the best way of comparing bar [1] with [2], [3] and [4] (and so forth). I.e