MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1216

I'm teaching myself to program using the MQL4 book on this site. I'm stuck on the following: I have coded the very simple stochastics cross alert program from the book. See code below. I'm not sure if I should compile the program as a script or an EA? I have tried both, compiled this code as script
Is it possible to run indicators/Expert Advisors written in MQL4 on the new platform MetaTrader 5?
[Deleted]
Can anyone help: I can't automate my EA as the OrderSend needs manual confirmation of order placement . I think its probably a configuration problem that the broker needs to set but am interested in your comments, ideas or what to tell the broker who isn't MT4 technical. Thanks
I did a search on Windows 7 DPI settings here, found nothing - so I'll post a comment followed by a question. I did perform some online research and was not too happy with a lot of things I read. I am still running XP, but have heard that Windows 7 automatically adjusts DPI based on one's monitor...
[Deleted]
Has anyone got any ideas why this is Occurring? When my OrderSend Function in my EA is run in MetaTrader4, instead of an Order being placed, causes the Manual Order Messagebox to appear which of course needs manual input. This message box is similar to the one that appears when you manually enter a...
[Deleted]
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                          ZIG ZAG NON REPAINT.mq4 |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+#property copyright "Copyright©2010"#property link      ""#property...
Hello, this is my 1st post ever to please correct me if I am breaking any forum rules. (Should this post be somewhere else?) My aim is to eventually right my own EA, but I do not have any programming in my background and I am trying to work out the best way to learn. I just read the ebook...
Hello, I made an EA on MT version 4.00 Build 228 and then opened a Demo account. The Demo account version of MT is 4.00 Build 229. The EA that got ported to Build 229 only had 3 changes total that dealt with the formatting of stop loss since Build 229 displays prices on EURUSD as 1.3xxxx. On Build...
Can someone please take a look at my program and tell me what I am doing wrong? (It's probably a lot!) I am very lost, my head really hurts, I have been working on this for two weeks straight! Help please!! I have two problems I have repeatedly failed to solve: + When the trade signal is present,...
[Deleted]
Hello, i would like to clear some parameters when S/L occured, is there any trigger function when S/L occured ? or is there any approach could meet my requirement ? thank you for your help .
Hi all! I have programmed a system that lays pendingorders ( limits ). if i want to use this system with an ECN broker, do i modify the pending orders directly, or do i wait until it becomes a marketorder ? Best regards: Enotrek
Today the public testing of the MetaTrader 5 client terminal starts. All of you now can participate in it. If you want to become the testing participant, just download the terminal and test it. You can send your bug reports and suggestions by email or publish them in this topic. For the testing...
[Deleted]
Hello all! I am using MT4. When I try to test an Expert on 1 year of data, I get an error: 'NO HISTORY DATA..'eurusd'? So, I go into Tools->History Center, I press Download.. After download finishes, I see only 3 months of data in the window. How can I pump 1 year of data in order to test my...
[Deleted]
Hello, I don't understand why : int start() { double CurrentPoint = MarketInfo( Symbol (), MODE_POINT); Print ( "Symbol: " , Symbol (), " Ask: " , Ask, " Bid: " , Bid, " Point: " , Point , " CurrentPoint: " , CurrentPoint); } Returns : 15:54:44 MyEA GBPUSD,M1: Symbol: GBPUSD Ask: 1.5539 Bid
[Deleted]
  Doubt  (13   1 2)
How can we put this into a code statement: if the previous BUY/SELL order was inside last 5bars, then do not open BUY/SELL respectively. I've been searching and trying various logic but it's not giving any desired results. Thank you. Regards, Rohit.
hi forum, how can i find the highest high from 2-6 am? i tried it with iHighest but it does not work. can somebody please help me? thank you!!
[Deleted]
Hello all, i want to program an expert to replace an indicator, all the expert has to do is to take an order sell when a red dot appear and take an order buy when a blue dot appear on a custom indicator called Max Moving Average. And one more thing the expert will do is to close the previous order...
Hello everyone. I decided to get an EA and found one i like at www.superfxrobot.com. I don't know much about EAs so I asked around and people told me it quite good and they show real and demo accounts. What are your opinions on this EA? Is it really good? I need your help before I buy it. Thank you...
The following code moved stoploss to breakeven. It sets a global variable in doing so, then to remember that stoploss has moved to breakeven on that particular trade. The code works when i have only one trade open, it will store the global variable and all functions work as they should in my ea. But...
[Deleted]
hi seriors, i m new here, can anybody tell me if there is free ea available around here that can make alarm when parabolic sar change the direction? if no can anyone buile this simple ea, i would be very grateful to you guys. regards, Amar
[Deleted]
Hi, I am currently developing a calculator.But that i will need mt4 data in excel. Well i know that basics of excel data fatching with DDE server and formulas like Quote: =MT4|bid!EURUSD Instead of "bid", you can also put: ask, open, close, high, low & volume But this shows daily data range.Does...
[Deleted]
could anyone help me please .... thank you ...
problem solved!!
[Deleted]
Hey folks, I am developing an EA which calls up two custom indicators(that i am attaching with this post), but every time i test it in the strategy tester mt4 just hangs - this does not happen with other EAs that I have tested. Is there any way to incorporate the indicator code into the EA itself,...
[Deleted]
Are there any examples that show how to access indicators from a DLL?
I would very much appreciate some help in understanding how to work out MT4 profit/loss amounts. Lets just say my daily trading goal is to achieve $200 and I am trading on GBP/USD How do I work out lot amounts and how many pips I need? Look forward to any repsonses
  code plz  (3)
hi all . can you help me plz
[Deleted]
Hello, I programmed a simple EA and need the values out of the Custome Indicator. I dont know how to get those values from the Custome Indicator into the EA so I calculate them in EA programm too. I started MT4 twice and compared the print() in both windows and they seemed not to be the same. The...
Can someone please help me with a code that can enable an ea to execute one trade per currency pair per day without constraining chart period to PERIOD_D1 and using "if(Volume[0] > 1) return(0);".
[Deleted]
  DEMO and REAL differences  (114   1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12)
In this thread I propose to discuss the differences between demo and real. Why - because we are betting real money on this trade. But how do we earn them - that is the question? Why take a very rough approach? The most precise method is better for the uneducated, isn't it? Here we have learned the