MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 720

[Deleted]
Hi All! I have a problem with the iCustom function of the gator oscillator (Gator.mq4) what oscillator code can be found anywhere. The oscillator has 6 buffers, what values I want to query, to determine the color of the oscillator. My problem is, that when the oscillator turns from red to green in...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I installed the indicator: CCFp_v1.0.2cvert and want to change the currencies. Replace CHF by XAU. Plse help me out. Programming language is like Chinese for me (I am European!). Thanks in advance
I'm doing a "News" strategy where I quickly enter a Buy Stop and Sell Stop orders in the same price, bracketing current price. Currently, I right click on the chart at my entry price, and select either Buy Stop or Sell Stop. I then drag my order as close to current price as it will allow.   The...
[Deleted]
  I need help!!!!!  (3)
i'll be so gald if someone is able to help me to handle this problem. i just started learning this language.( and excuse if my english is bad.) And here's my idea, it's simple, but it's tricky for me to write the code. I want to draw a line on M1 or M5's chart by using the High && Low Price of the...
[Deleted]
I want to change the size of text & numerals. I have tried changing the screen resolution in Windows, but it has no effect. Any ideas, please ?
[Deleted]
Hi.... When the buy stop and sell stop will expired ? is it possible to set the expired date ? This is a code to execute sell stop: TicketNumber6 = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELLSTOP, lot, TargetPrice, 1, SL, TP, "comment", MagicNumber, 0, White); And this is a code to execute byu stop: TicketNumber3 =...
New article How we developed the MetaTrader Signals service and Social Trading has been published: We continue to enhance the Signals service, improve the mechanisms, add new functions and fix flaws. The MetaTrader Signals Service of 2012 and the current MetaTrader Signals Service are like two...
Hi, I just saw these two parameters for SymbolInfoDouble() in the MT4 help: SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_PROFIT: Calculated tick price for a profitable order SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE_LOSS: Calculated tick price for a losing order. Sounds too good to be true? Can I build an EA that is using only "tick...
[Deleted]
is there a list of valid DLL parameter data types? I tried long but got stack damage
Error connecting to mql5.storage Any ideas why this may be? Screenshot attached.
Hi Coders, I get 4 warnings when I Compile my EA, Please help me out to fix this. Many Many Thanks. The warnings are highlighted as Red colour. warnings are below void function returns a value. Return Value of "OrderModify" should be check. Return Value of "OrderModify" should be check. Return Value...
If I have all the high and low fractals how could I calculate which fractals connect in accordance to the parameters of ExtDepth, ExtDeviation, and ExtBackStep of zigzag? From current bar to last bar because I only need first couple zigzag lines, not whole chart. I'm having really hard time trying
  Print do nothing  (2)
I've update MT4 2 days ago. Everything looks good in new directories. But I've problem with Print: they not appear in log file. Log is accessible because all info for orders (opening, modifying) are stored in log. But nothing from my EA appears in it. Any tips why?
Hello. I want to write PERIOD_CURRENT in a timeframe of an indicator. And I want a more big period in other indicator, in a way that make the change automatic, and not manual. Somebody know what I need to write for do this? (maybe a word that mean something like next timefrime or something like...
  Indicator "Repainting"  (11   1 2)
Hello Group, I think I know the answer to this question, but just wanted to get an aforemation from the group. When reviewing some of the indictors posted to the forum, I came across one that looked promising. However in reading the reviews postings, I noted one that said that the indicator...
  Making money on forex is impossible  (607   1 2 3 4 5 ... 60 61)
Systematic and stable earnings in forex are not possible. Trying to trade forex is playing with a negative mathematical expectation followed by a guaranteed loss. This statement is based on the results of the tests. The tests were conducted by the program. Its task was to select the timeframe, the
[Deleted]
Hi, I'm trying to call an external DLL I wrote and am having trouble getting some parameter types to work. In my DLL, I have the following function: MT4_EXPFUNC void __stdcall DPOOptimize(const RateInfo* rates, const int intNRates, double dblLatestSpread, int intTotalSampleCount, int...
[Deleted]
So I want my EA enter just one time when one condition is true and hold that order until opposite condition is true and than EA would exit. I don't want that my ea buy every candle when the condition is true. Can somebody help?
Hi all, I would like the EA to open only one trade per 24 hours (every trading day one trade at specified time).The code below has no errors from the compiler, but won't open any trades.Could be a logic error or the return value of the function TradePlacedToday()Can PLEASE somebody help me to fix...
Hi, I am new to using MQL4 and wondered if anyone can help me with a function that I may have missed. I need to store a string of data with a integer (counter) and thus call this in the future. eg: I need to store the string "1234" in a existing data set , and if 1234 already exists then the...
i have created a multiple time frame indicator for the MACD Indicator , but i have a problem i can not seem to work through. first let me say i have done all the searching and reading necessary to figure this out, for me this is my last resort. i have been self learning MQL for years and some of the
I've recently been backtesting a system on the downloaded data from Metaquotes and a question arose that has been troubling me. Since the inception of the EURO was roughly speaking around 1995 and the subsequent pairing of EUR/USD in the early 2000's (please excuse any slight inaccuracies here),...
I was trying to post the report up but it said my text was too long so I posted the pic instead. I've been waiting for the moderators to approve my expert but I'm still waiting
  EA inputs limit  (4)
Hi.  Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of inputs a Metatrader 4 EA can have?   thanks,   Milford T 
Hi everyone, I'm not a coder but I've tried a few free online EA builder to get my strategy tested. I'm getting a few warning such as the topic subject "Return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked". I have no idea what this is but I would be great if you genius coder here could help me out....
[Deleted]
  Code to FIX  (13   1 2)
Hi there folks. This indicator does NOT repaint the past, and besides the false signals, it gives excelent signals to enter and exit trades. The big problem is that sometimes the arrows stop to appear, and the indicator needs reset . When the indicator is reset manually changing chart timeframe...
[Deleted]
Hi.. I have download one indicator and attached to the main window. Could some body help me how could i get the values from the indicator using iCustom ?. The indicator as below: Thank you
Hi error 130 invalid stops The order goes through. Is that normal or should the order just fail ? I have trades showing in account history that still seem to be running as indicated on the chart However, the trades tab shows no trades so I can't close them manually either Please advise Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello,  not sure if I'm posting on right place...  I have a problem with one of my favorite custom indicators.   This multiple MA indicator is drawing a vertical line at the current bar!  All this started to happen after the infamous ver 600 MT4 update that messed up a lot of thing for many people...
Hi coders, I saw this part of an ASCII-Code-Table and I wanted to use the arrows in a Comment(). But the compiling doesn't work. I know that the codes are no strings but I have no idea how to use them in Comment(). If this doesn't work, is there any other possibility to use simple arrows in...