MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE) not working in all cases?

regarding : 'How to calculate profit from volume and pips'

Hi all !

I have a related problem:

I used:

TextComment =   
                     "TICK SIZE (in points):                    " + DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE) , 4) + "\n" +
                     "TICK VALUE p. 1.0 Lot (deposit currency): " + DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE) , 4) + "\n" +
                     "TICK VALUE p. 0.1 Lot (deposit currency): " + DoubleToStr((MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE)/10) , 4);

and I opened 2 Demo accounts. One for USD an One for EUR.

Sadly in both cases "my Tick Value" is identical -> something is wrong!

One for EUR:

One for USD:

In the same script I use 

TextComment =   
"Free margin required f.1 lot in Acc.Currency:  " + DoubleToStr(MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED) , 2);

and get different values for this - as it supposed to be!

Is this an error of the broker ? 

makra081 wrote >>

regarding : 'How to calculate profit from volume and pips'

Hi all !

I have a related problem:

I used:

and I opened 2 Demo accounts. One for USD an One for EUR.

Sadly in both cases "my Tick Value" is identical -> something is wrong!

One for EUR:

One for USD:

In the same script I use

and get different values for this - as it supposed to be!

Is this an error of the broker ?

Hello Makra

Just wonder if you have already found the solution. I've got the same problem on the polish forex platform. Looks like for some securities function "MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)" is returning the value for quoting currency not for deposit one. If you have any idea what's the reason please help !!! ;-) - jarekgora21@o2.pl

Many thanks in advance.

JETT:

Hello Makra

Just wonder if you have already found the solution. I've got the same problem on the polish forex platform. Looks like for some securities function "MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_TICKVALUE)" is returning the value for quoting currency not for deposit one. If you have any idea what's the reason please help !!! ;-) - jarekgora21@o2.pl

Many thanks in advance.

Sadly, I didn't found a solution.

But it is a problem of the broker  and what kind of key numbers / values  it stores for every symbol().

I my case, the future symbols are the problem.

I could calculate the position value via the required margin number - this is a work around.

:)

makra081 wrote >>

Sadly, I didn't found a solution.

But it is a problem of the broker and what kind of key numbers / values it stores for every symbol().

I my case, the future symbols are the problem.

I could calculate the position value via the required margin number - this is a work around.

:)

Hi

Thank you very much for quick response. Unfortunately "margin required" most likely wouldn't work for me, but I will use some other criteria for order size calculation - any way thank ypu very much and good luck with MQL4 adventure.

i want to know  if the TICK-VALUE  is equal to the value of the same currency one year before ?

You don't use tick value alone but as a ratio

YALEWANG:
i want to know  if the TICK-VALUE  is equal to the value of the same currency one year before ?
Not if you are looking at a pair like  Currency1Currency2  and Currency2 is not your account currency.  So,  for example,  if your base currency is USD and you are looking at EURUSD the Tick Value is constant,  if you are looking at USDJPY then the Tick Value changes tick by tick. 
Reason: