Did a Windows 10 update delete my account list?

Overnight, Microsoft updated my Windows 10 to "June 13, 2017—KB4022725 (OS Build 15063.413 and 15063.414)".

This morning, my stored Accounts information has disappeared from my mt4 client terminals.

I work with 3 mt4 instances, over a dozen accounts, live and demo, and several brokers.

Usually I just click the account I want from the Accounts list and OK it. Now I have no accounts list.

Perhaps... maybe.... the Windows update destroyed the details?

So now I need to enter all the accounts and passwords again, 3 times of course.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

How can I prevent it happening again? (e.g. is there a way to backup the accounts list)

And as a bonus, how can I copy the accounts list from one instance of mt4 to another?

Answers appreciated.

Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalid
  • www.mql5.com
Attention: Windows 10 Creators Update to make saved MetaTrader passwords invalidOn the 11th of April, Microsoft will release the Windows 10 Creator...

Thanks Drazen. From that information, I surmise that the answers to my questions are:

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Yes.

How can I prevent it happening again? (e.g. is there a way to backup the accounts list)

You can't, and you can't.

And as a bonus, how can I copy the accounts list from one instance of mt4 to another?

Again, you can't.

Luckily, I do keep all the live passwords encrypted elsewhere. But I did lose the perpetual demo accounts I use for track records. Ho hum, worse things have happened.

Welcome to the club.