MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 195

I'm trying to code a function on my expert advisor that opens or closes a trade after a certain number of hours, my idea is to work similarly to sure-fire hedging but my problem is when I test my code it opens like 9 or more trades at a time and I don't understand why. void checkCloseTimer() {
  Price=Ask  (1)
Hello everyone, I have a small question, probably silly but I don't think I have understood this concept: if I do price=Ask, is my "Price" variable a variable that will vary as soon as the Ask varies? Or is it a variable that will take the current Ask price and store it without varying (at time t)
I'm writing an EA to alternate buy and sell orders. I can code to alternate orderswhen there is a history, but not from first start of EA. This is the base simplecode. How do I code to alternate orders? if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) Buy=true; if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) Sell=true; Thanks, Wackena
  MACD divergence  (6)
Hi Guys I am trying to write code to find divergence for long and short on MACD indicator. But, I don't know where to start ... I am new with all this. Can someone help please. Thanks a lot. V
Hi everybody, I'm a beginner at MQL4 but I was able to make a little script that takes screenshots at certain intervals. I used ChartScreenShot() to take the pictures and save them into my Data Folder. Now what I want to do is send those to another app such as a LINE chatbot. I think this is
Hello, please see attachment, I have new indicator and the settings of indocator are appearing wrong way, does anybody know how to fix this? It should be in russian I also tried to change main language of MT4 but this did not help Thank you
Hi folks, Maybe I have dumb question, but I'm not abel to solve following issue for a while in MQL4: I have an object with string attribute I'd like to initialize in constructor: class C_instrument { private : string str_name; //!< Instrument name
[Deleted]
Can someone please explain this object property to me? Thanks to Phy, i know that I can use it to display/not display the info tag on a vertical line. Why does it block display of the tag and not the vertical line? What else does it do? How else can it be used? Searching the web has not...
Hi, In rare cases I am getting a "invalid parameters" error for OrderDelete() which only needs the orderticket to do it´s job. This is for OP_BUYSTOP or OP_SELLSTOP order types. Before each run for OrderDelete(), I am browsing through OrdersTotal(), check them for OrderType() (only processing...
[Deleted]
I would like to change the color of the chart frame based on whether an attached EA has initiated a trade, (e.g. Blue if no trade, Green if buy, Red if sell). Are any of the Window API functions available to do this? Or is there a better way to quickly see what state a chart is in (I have many...
Just getting the hang of writing EA's and debugging and using Strategy test. However, it seems that it's not possible to debug during a strategy test. Can any one confirm this?  It would be a fantastic way to test new code.   Thanks Russ 
Hello, I'm newbie on the coding expert advisor and try to do some thoughts. I have a problem at the start of my first project. I want to use the data of an indicator that have been coded before and just prepare statements for orders. However I can't get and data and could't find and solution. I'm
The topic title sounds crazy, but that was the best I could do. I want to make an EA or indicator that will load three or four profiles in cycles. I basically want to stare at the chart while it switches profiles every few seconds, like Christmas tree lights. The problem is, the EA or indicator has
I want to open orders whenever meet trade condition.I mean I dont want to open multiple orders in same price. Example price will open whenever previous highest or lowest condition meet. I get problem in overlapping orders here my codes Can someone help me. I will thanks for your help. void OnTick ()
Hi there! Can someone show me how should I modify the original MACD code if I only want the values for the last 100 bars? I mean, I don't want the indicator to calculate for all candles, only for the last 100 (99-0 index). Please provide me the modification of this original code: int OnCalculate (
bool calcLong3; bool calcShort3; bool calcLong3() { double RSI = iRSI ( _Symbol , _Period , 14 , PRICE_CLOSE , 0 ); if (RSI< 70 ) return true ; else return false ; } bool calcShort3() { double RSI = iRSI ( _Symbol , _Period , 14 , PRICE_CLOSE , 0 ); if
for send signal to whatsapp by api need help.how to send it
  uninit reason 0 error  (17   1 2)
Hi, I'm trying to initialize my script but it is failed with an error message that it was uninitialized with a reason 0. I looked into the documentation and find the description doesn't tell me anything about the problem. Someone know how to fix this
I was wondering if anyone has seen a currency index indicator that shows candles and moving averages ? I know you can do it on trading view by inputting the code for the individual currencies against the basket of others. As per the snapshot attached. Graeme
[Deleted]
Hi I am trying to make the EA look for a certain value in a string and if that value exists in the string then remove it. I tried doing it using the StringReplace() but i noticed it only returns the number of replacements and didnt actually returned the updated string: string v5= "- .82523" ;
Hi coders, I seem to have a problem with this simple function I wrote to close all open trades. I keep getting an invalid price error but I can't see what I've done wrong. any help would be great //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| close all open trades
Hello.. May somebody help me how to code, If Buy Stop triggered become BUY, Sell Stop appeared, and that Sell Stop triggered become Sell, New Buy Stop appeared
I'm testing and messing around with this function, I read even on the mql4 help window that if the order is pending or closed the value it will take is 0, but when I put an alert with that function it returns 1970.01.01 00:00:00. //..Some coding to open an order...//...Order select function and some...
  Show text object  (6)
Can someone tell me why this text object doesn't appear on the chart?  It shows in the object list. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    TestChart.mq4 |//|...
I apologize for asking such a basic question but of course documentation does not help since my question is why this does NOT generate an error, when I think it should. //you can also assign array values at declaration int myArray2[ 3 ] = { 1 , 2 , 3 }; //recall that array indexing begins at
hello, I have an EA under MT4 that works but the problem is that it only places buy orders (buy and buy stop), I would have liked to configure it to only take sell orders (sell and sell stop). after looking on the forum unable to find how to do it, I have 3 files at my disposal (ex4 / dll / mqh)
Hi everybody I have realized a simple EA but i have noticed that if i set parameters with negative values on shift when i try to backtest it the program doesn't open positions. For example, if EA include CCI period 14 but shift -1, on graph i can see signals, but if i use tester it doesn't open
hello guys I plan to buy <Deleted> EA from its website and run it on MT4 but my enquiry since its not bought from market here, where should I locate the file? should I put it here > C: programs and files/MQL/Expert Advisors/Market/>here<? or somewhere else? many thanks in advance
Hi guys, I'd like to create an EA that use partially close order. This is the first time I try to create an EA with partially close order. There's some questions that I have regarding this matter. So the questions is: 1. If I partially close an order does the existing order receive new order ticket
I have used void OnTick() to specify when to refresh SendNotification() function and after how many ticks to check if conditions have changed or they are the same then if changed then to send notification to the journal on MT4 but this only work on initialization then doesnt work therefore. Please