MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 195

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello everyone, it is possible to obtain the moving average no repaint? By working with well-known moving average that in the historical shifts and is no longer true as I could solve?...
Hi, is there anyone who could tell me if is't possible, by coding, to modify the speed of the backtest ?   I'd like to decrease it during open position in order to see better, and increase it after. But with code, not with the cursor.
Hi all I have been trying to get an Ea to run on a Renko chart and have had no success. Even when I run a one line code -----Print("Got Started"); it does not work The same line of code will print to Experts log on a regular time frame chart. Leads me to think that Ea's will not work on Renko charts...
im having trouble finding the functions that allows me to report number of trades and profit the way i have these other varibles displaying      Comment(StringConcatenate("\nCopyright © 2015, Jasper\nViolentPips EA v1.0 is running.",                              "\nMomentum delta : ",c...
Hi, please, can you tell me if spread is always the same during a backtest or if it changes like in real ? in memory with archived data?
Hey, Is it possible to retrieve a Ray value of a drawn ray line in the past, Or do i have to calculate it myself (how?) Thanks   
HI, I know it has been discussed here. It was an indicator that looks quite interesting but is nothing but an ema. I remember there was a post that shows the original indicator and the ema and after some bars both show identical values (line). Doe anybody remember the name?
Hey all!  I recently started programming my very first EA. It may look a little confusing at first but i hope it is readable. Th reason for this post is that i have encountered a problem. It comes down to this. I want to execute a buy order once 3 requirement are met....
Hi, please, my brooker (pepperstone) tell me that price on chart is bid price and if i want i can add ask price. Is it possible to visualise medium price ? thanks for your answers. 
Hello guys, i am programming EA which has entry based on pivot points. For example condition that top wing of bullish candle touches pivots R1 or R2 or R3. ( i have already programed all highs lows etc. or values for pivot points that not my problem.)       (   ((high1>=R1_1 && close1<=R1_1) ||...
How do you make the " ex4 " used for a predetermined time " X " ?
New article Universal Expert Advisor: A Custom Trailing Stop (Part 6) has been published: The sixth part of the article about the universal Expert Advisor describes the use of the trailing stop feature. The article will guide you through how to create a custom trailing stop module using unified...
The code excerpt from where the error is this      for (i = Bars; i >= 0; i--) {       TrendUp[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;       TrendDown[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;       atr = iATR(NULL, 0, 10, i);       medianPrice = (High[i]+Low[i])/2;       up[i]=medianPrice+(Multiplier*atr);...
Hello everyone ! Good Afternoon! I am going through a problem i have build an EA but it is behaving strange . It works fine for five to six trades but after it on 7th trade or any further trade it places trade hits TP and after it it started to place pending orders close it and again places a trade...
Hi All, I have an indicator which worked perfectly up until build 971. It draws a series of trend line objects on the indicator window to represent altered candles. After build 971, it seems that the indicator minimum and maximum are at huge values, though they are not set anywhere in the source...
Hi,   I've seen in the past examples of EA who cheat by directly reading *.fxt history files & create fake results in backtesting.   It's easy to tell just by looking at the mq4 code, but what if I don't have access to the EA's source (only the compiled *.ex4 demo)?   Is there a way to detect if an...
Hi all! Do you guys know of any crosshair app on mt4 where i can execute trades at the level my crosshair is pointing? thank you!
Hi, I noticed something interesting on MT4. I opened 2 charts, both are Crude M1. Then I attached the same EA to both charts, however each chart has a different magic number and different set of parameters for the EA. I found that the second chart tends to do only 1 trade and then it does not open...
Lot of times when I place the trade, I forget about my own rules. For example  to check whether news event is coming. Is it possible to code a script when I press the New Order button, that some sort of pop up window would come up first, where I would have few questions to check which I could set...
From my experience, I used to run 32 MT4 platforms on 1 pc.  But it was many years ago and now I'm wondering if it can run more? Anyone knows pls. share. 
Hello all. Would it be possible to use an object (horizontal line) to track an indicator?   In my case, I would like to track the by Couponz"> Bollinger bands of a specific timeframe (i.e. M1 timeframe) with the use of a horizontal line. I want this line to automatically track the by Couponz">...
hi guys, sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language, i need an indicator which has no divergence like stoch, rsi or macd, it should show the real picture what price has done, without divergences? if it is already in a fixed range it would be great, any suggestions? thanks ;)
I want to display some of my comments on the terminal in color, but I'm not finding any examples. Could someone point me to one? Thanks, Bill
// This works,but ilowest below ,skips matches.   &&  iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t)< iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t+2)    &&  iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t)< iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t+1)    &&  iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t)< iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t-1)    &&  iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t)< iLow(NULL,PERIOD_M1,ee4t-2)...
Hi, is there any method/formula can calculate how BB pattern is it? (ranging or flat). I found out only for MA angle calculate, I tried to modify it to use on my BB using iBand, seem like there result also not quite well, something I can see the BB is ranging but result return me as flat.
Dear community, I am looking for a possibility to open/manage a trade via buttons on the chart. Creating a button is not the problem but to link it with a function is a problem. One example what  I want to programm is - if I push a button - call it BUY then should appear a field with different...
Hello,   How can we draw a dashed, colored line from a (Price 1, Time 1) point  to another   (Price 2, Time 2) point?   Something like the blue dashed lines on this screenshot:    
Hello, A bit newbie question.., but how can i make a text of an object to change itself on every second for example:   text object #1 will be change every second like so: "." ".." "..." "...." "....." and then back to "." and same loop again and again.., thank you guys!
Hi all, i am searching an indicator of period converter because i need call M2 timeframe but i want only one chart open (M1 for atach period converter indicator) but not chart offline m2, and other chart where one indicator call data of m2 chart. I prove period_converter Opt indicator but no run....
Hi fellow MT users! Ive set up mt4 mobile Push notification and do receive them but i realised that these notifications are pushed to my phone only when mt4 is open on my com. Meaning i have to turn on my computer the entire day even when i am out. is that true? I a wondering if i used the Email...