Mail: Error connecting to smtp.gmail.com - page 2

lek Media:
It actually works so well on the local PC, the issue has been with using VpS 
So you need to "open the door". Probably the best to do is to contact your VPS vendor support.

Alain Verleyen:
So you need to "open the door". Probably the best to do is to contact your VPS vendor support.
Could it actually be the system I use, cos it was aws vps I used, and now have tried using Google VPS and yet still the same result

lek Media:
Hello Traders I tried connecting my mt4 for email alert notification using Amazon Vps to automate 24/7. After entering all the parameters using:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com / also switched by using port 465/25 and co
SMTP login: my email
Password: *******
To: my email

I keep getting this  response of Mail: Error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

So I tried connecting without using VPS and it connected automatically but I need the system running on VPS so as to get the email notifications when offline on my pc 

Any help on this will be appreciated 

Thanks 
I have this issue also but then after I put like this smtp.gmail.com:465 it solved my problem!

Shahizzam Adib:
I have this issue also but then after I put like this smtp.gmail.com:465 it solved my problem!

thx this help for me 

lek Media:
Hello Traders I tried connecting my mt4 for email alert notification using Amazon Vps to automate 24/7. After entering all the parameters using:

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com / also switched by using port 465/25 and co
SMTP login: my email
Password: *******
To: my email

I keep getting this  response of Mail: Error connecting to smtp.gmail.com

So I tried connecting without using VPS and it connected automatically but I need the system running on VPS so as to get the email notifications when offline on my pc 

Any help on this will be appreciated 

Thanks 

Hi, 

In the server name field enter ' smtp.gmail.com:265 '

It may fix the error.

Hi Lek,

did you fix your problem? Because i have exactly the same and i did all the things are written in this topic.

thanks for your answer.

pierpoldo #:

Hi Lek,

did you fix your problem? Because i have exactly the same and i did all the things are written in this topic.

thanks for your answer.

smtp.gmail.com:465

emails when my account takes a trade - Trading Accounts - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
email alert MQL5 programming forum (2018)
Gmail and gmx must be configured (on their site), to allow external application ("Allow less secure applications.")
          Experts: Mail All Order Status Periodically - MQL5 programming forum
Alternative GMX settings:
          Smtp gmx mt4 - MQL4 programming forum (2018)
Reason: