MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1564

Hello,I'm planning to refresh a repaint indicator from inside the indicator, it's similar with using a keyboard shortcut.How to do it? I found an information about it on http://www.metatrader.info/node/167, but it's not working. Anybody know why?Thank you
[Deleted]
Hey all, Great forum here, lots of great people and advice. Keep it up! First Q: Currently playing with this app, and just wondering, in the demo, if I can change my stop/profit loss to be lower than 100? Currently I place an order, then modify it, and try to change it lower than 100, but its not...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to identify the color of the bars in Acceleration/Deceleration Indicator (AC) using codes. Thanks in advance....
[Deleted]
hi how to complet this ? when i compil it, i still have 10 alerts . how i can do ? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                            N.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2008, MetaQuotes Software Corp....
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm trying to add PlaySound() to MFI BW indicator to alert me a change in bar color following the article here. Unfortunately, the article doesn't have an example code for this type of "compare" indicator. Could someone help and point me to any similar example code or if someone can help to...
[Deleted]
Not sure what I did but now if I try to activate either the indicator or object list, they do not appear but my system locks up just as if they where pulled up someplace. The only way to get out is to cancel the entire program with the Windows task manager. Any ideas. Just noticed someone having...
New Version: MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 217: MQL4: Fixed a compiler error that caused crash in Windows Server 2008 operating system.MQL4: Fixed an error in the FileReadArray() function. When reading array lines, the number of read lines is returned now.MQL4: Changed the calculation algorithm...
[Deleted]
would someone help me go throught the steps needed to copy an expert advisor and make it function ?? thanks John
[Deleted]
built an EA for a new strategy im testing out, and it works really well untill it tries to open a 2nd trade. for some reason the EA will not open a trade after the first one closes, unless the ea is restarted or mt4 is restarted, it doesnt return any errors during the compiling or while its running...
[Deleted]
  OnOrderClose Function?  (11   1 2)
I'm looking for some way for MQL4 to be notified that an order has been closed, at what price it was closed at, and at what price the order was opend at. For example, a buy order was initiated at 1.56.  The take profit is set for 1.565.  The price reaches 1.565, the order closes.  Automatically,...
[Deleted]
Can somebody help me with expert advisor. I am new in this forum and I would liketo know how to make an expert advisor that will send me an e-mail on my pocketPC. I would like to have an alarm when my 9 period EMA is egal to my 36 periodEMA on different time frame. Thank you very much for your help...
  2/3 hrs charts  (3)
Hi, Just a newbie on the MT4. How can I view 2 and 3 hrs charts on MT4. ckmoied
  Global vars in EA - good?  (12   1 2)
In my EA, I am examining MACDs for the last few bars. Originally I had these defined within the start() area. However, I have need to create a function that actually does the logic and places the order (Order_It) In previous programming experience, it is not a good idea to use global variables....
[Deleted]
I'm not 100% comfortable with EA's in general but like to use custom indicators. Only issue is I have no idea how to edit an indicator to suit my needs. I have tried to read through the book provided on this site but again I only require one thing and not a full blown EA and still can't get my head...
I have written an EA that opens orders and when the price reaches 1:1 RR ratio, moves SL to Breakeven. I need the program to remember this SL and I store in in a file that I retrieve later for my calculations. This works well in forward testing. However while doing backtesting the EA does not seem...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know of a DSL or Cable Modem Failure Alarm or Connection Failure Alarm besides the "No Connection Alert" used in the platform? ... The purpose is for night trading alert should the connection fail while asleep. ??? The platform's "No Connection Alert" would be inadequate to wake someone...
[Deleted]
Anyone have a little chunk of code that would tell you say the high between 3am-6am ( local time on my computer) when the current local time on my computer is 10am
[Deleted]
  A new trader  (1)
Please,i want you guys to help me out.I am a new trader and i want to know the best and reliable indicator to be using.please,do assist.
I will appreciate help from somebody regarding entry point in to the trade as always i get many loosing trades when i trade eur/dollar pair, though i am in correct trend and enter around the entry point . I use 10 pip s/l . How other people use different methods any help.
[Deleted]
  missing entries?  (1)
i dont really know programming of any kind but reading thru the material in the help section i came up with a simple program to practice different things for a EA. the one im trying right now however doesnt seem to be working as it returns a few warnings for things that "should" be in the EA but...
welcome to help testing this MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisor.... About the System. Opensignal - is a kind of black-box system. Signals are generated on server side, client software reads them using http protocol. The system is always on the market, there is always one trade per chart open (EA opens...
Hi All, I run an Expert Advisor on my live account and it will suddenly be removed from the chart. This happens only in my live account. There appears an error message in the log file namely "uninit reason 1" which seems very suspect. Does anyone know what the cause is of the removal of my EA and
[Deleted]
The buy order was sent with this code: ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,lots,Ask,3,Ask-range-10*Point,Ask+range+10*Point,NULL,MagicNumber,0,Blue); But I keep getting errors like this: 2008.06.24 05:44:18 '703994': requote 1.9662 / 1.9665 for open buy 0.10 GBPUSD at 1.9666 sl: 1.9648 tp: 1.9684 2008...
[Deleted]
Forex trading signals. Trading signals - is a set of rules written in a special language Trading Language (Mql4), which formed the team and a warrant for opening and closing of positions. The signals are an important part of trading strategies
  CODE HELP !!  (4)
Hi, I have a problem. I want my EA to trade many times as long as the parameters match.(Now it trades only once) How can I do that
[Deleted]
  Noob needs help  (3)
I downloaded a script and I finally figure out how to get it to run but now I can't figure out how to get it to stop. I even exited the program and started it back up but it still says the "The Mastermind" script that I downloaded and ran is still running. I deleted it from my scripts list also. How...
New article Integrating MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal with MS SQL Server is published: The article gives an example of integrating MetaTrader 4 ClientTerminal with MS SQL Server using a dll. Attached are both source codesin С++ and in MQL4, and a ready-made and compiled Visual C++ 6.0 SP5project....
Is it possible to prorammatically get a candle (or; it's HLOC values) from a specific time? For example, I would like to have HLOC values from H1 map's candle for the time 7:00 - 8:00 or M5 map's candle 14:15 - 14:20. Is it possible?
[Deleted]
  MTS = profit FALSE ||TRUE  (189   1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 19)
I have been studying FOREX for a number of years now, and I have not come to a single opinion about it. I probably started like everyone else, with a free training course in a brokerage centre, then dozens of books by "great" maestros, articles by smart people, etc. But the curious thing is that all
Hello, Based on indicators: RSI, the WPR% and Stochastic I intend to write aninvestment strategy (EA) which will open purchase and sale orders according to the generated signals by the indicators. Levelsstoploss and takeprofit should be defined in the program, so that when openingup their orders...