MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1430

Hi Everyone. I am usiing a manual system that gives me alerts when the conditions are met. The alert box pops up but what I would like is to have it email me too in case I am away from my computer. Can this be put into an indicator that I could attach to the chart? I have searched these boards but...
Spread If you look at the market watch the spread for EURUSD is 2 pip ( 1.3932-1.3934) but if you look at the chart is only 1 pip ( 1.3933-1.3933), this happens all the time. Does any one knows why ?
[Deleted]
I am new to MQL4 programming, and am trying to take lots of little steps to get acquainted with the syntax and different types of programs. I tried to program a simple moving average crossover indicator, but the lines drawn by the indicator do not have the same values for identical MA's created with...
Newbies and Advance that would like to meet at a Starbucks or some halfway point for exchangeing ideas and experience with MQL and strategies. Regards Huckleberry
[Deleted]
Hi-- I've been working on an EA to manage my trades. The idea is to have 3 minis, micros or full contracts on and then, as different TPs are hit, close out one of 3 Lots declared in the inputs and then manage the BE and SL positions along the way. According to what I have found, I should simply be...
Is it possible script get variable(s) from an Indicator variable? Any code example? Many Thanks :)
[Deleted]
I'm new to MetaTrader and looking to experiment with my own EA. I've done plenty of C and Javascript before so it should not be too difficult. I have a demo account with a broker and tried out the two example EAs provided (MACD and Moving Average) on EURUSD. When I ran a strategy test on them their...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to write a DEMA indicator using RSI in MT4, can someone assist? I'd like to chart (in a separate window) "DEMA(RSI(5),3)". Thanks
Is it possible to have an EA that requests specific input parameters on a daily basis at a certain time in code
hi, i'm currently studying to code scripts ea and indicators. i hope anyone help me give examples codes related to server times , local times, inserting server time into variables, bar times etc... Thanks dude :)
  WindowScreenShot  (6)
Hello, i run my EA in tester and make screen shots. The problem is that i get chart screen shot with default metatrader template. How can i make screen shots with my selected template. I tried to select custom template when tester is in progress and visual chart (with default template) is opened, in...
[Deleted]
Hi. The question is simple. I printed a log file of the function: for(int k=0; k<10000; k++) { Print("shift: ",k," ",TimeToStr(iTime(symbol, timeframe, k))); } Premise that ALL the history has been correctly downloaded for ALL timeframes. The problem is not a little one: everything after a certain...
Hello all! Please remember the 2008 automated championship ... bad luck for me I just arrived (see statement for the same period) Championship 2008
[Deleted]
Hello, I don't know how to do this: I want to calculate and draw the indicator line just every 5 bars. My idea was: if(MathMod(i,deltaBars) == 0){...} //deltBars = 5 this works for optimisaton but not live. Can anybody help?
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I looking for people in the Seattle area who are interested in meeting up to talk Forex EA's or strategy. I live in Shoreline just north of Seattle. Send me an email at greeny1225 at hotmail dot com -Ryan
[Deleted]
hello, one of my expers having two statis variables. this expert is running on more than one currencies. MT4 terminal is mixing the values of these static variables. I've tried to change names of these variables. But this also did not solve the problem. Any suggestions? ExpertX on EURGBP...
[Deleted]
when a new candle occur, my personnal indicator don't update to new value, it seems NULL so i have to click an other Interval unit to refresh the indicator attachement my KST-CT (on the screen, there is TWO KST CT and MT, but MT is similar code, except constant) what is wrong in my code best regards
  Make profit 250% a weeks  (83   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Hi, Here who want make profit easy with EA check http://fpfpro.mt4stats.com If you want this EA, please contact me indo_traffic@yahoo.com
Hi all, I am building an indicator that displays london open / close / high /range. The problem I encountered is the following, since we have a new bar every let's say every 1 hour. Trying to get the shift to have the london open price is impossible. Also, I tried the function iBarShift() but didn't...
[Deleted]
Hello. I would like to open a trading popup window by EA. Is it possible ? If possible to open it by EA, is it possible to open a trading popup window on which the number ordered by EA is written as a traded volume (the number of lot) . Please tell me how to write the code if possible .
The Archive contains the example of the adviser on MQL using neuronet, on entry which is given set slopes linear regression of the miscellaneous period and their difference. To adviser is enclosed file to network, but in the same way neurosoft and script creating sample for drill of the network on...
[Deleted]
LONGSHORTTOTALtotal_trades8069149winners362864% winners454143average winning trade0.00700.0075average losing trade-0.0038-0.0043max $ win0.02940.0341max $ losing-0.0077-0.0128total $ winning trades0.25300.20890total $ losing trades-0.1665-0.17590average $ per trade0.0008nett P/L0.08650.03300.1195...
[Deleted]
hello, i want to know the code that allow me to go long or short with the first candle close only, for example the first close above the EMA and another requset plz, i want to put some condition after the order get profit such as switch the order from buy to sell, how can i do that thank you
The metatrader optimizer allows you to use Balance, Profit Factor, Expected Payoff, Maximal Drawdown & DrawDown Percent as Optimisation targets. I would like to optimise on other metrics, for example K-Ratio. Does anyone know if there is a way this can be accomplished with the MetaTrader optimiser?...
Does anyone know if this is possible? I get tired of adding them manually everytime I open a new chart. I did a search and didn't see anything relating to this. Thanks for all replies.
After I read the article, https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1467, expert is compiled, ini file is saved in the tester folder, dll is allowed. but there is no response by calling tester( ...), I re-installed new versons of MT4 downloaded from metaquotes.net, there is still no response. the start value...
[Deleted]
  What am I doing wrong?  (19   1 2)
Here's my EA... I'm trying to keep it simple... it tells me there's an error on line 3, the first "if" function... "semicolon expected" int start() if(Hour() == 15) if(Minute() == 29) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1.0,Ask,10,Ask-15*Point,Ask+30*Point,"BUYER",0,0,Green);
[Deleted]
Need some help with managing the tickets... Currently the code is buying and selling but how can I manage the open tickets so that, for example, if it places a buy and the price goes up 30 pips it will place another buy for? and repeat that again for a total of 3 "buy" orders? int cnt, ticket,...
  iHighest prolem  (9)
Hello evryone, Writing an EA for the highest close of the last 14 days, any symbol, time frame of the current chart, counting back from the current bar. Script is written in this manner: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- int start ()...
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to know what the template name is that I currently have on a chart? When it comes to saving a template, I am presented with 'template name' as the file to save in Templates, not the name of the template I previously loaded e.g. HolyGrailEA. After a while I forget which...