MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1170

B"H Hello, Is there any restriction on accessing / allocating (using ArrayResize) local EA arrays from within EA's "init" method? It produces errors. Solution? Thanks, Simha
[Deleted]
i need help for do an EA based on supertrend thanks
[Deleted]
How can i get this parts (marked in red) on the graph? I'm trying this: bool isThereAHole(int dist=10,int mode=1){ int downs=0,ups=0; for(int i=1;i<=dist;i++){ if(Close[i]>Open[i] && Open[i+1]>Open[i]){ downs++; } if(Close[i]<Open[1] &&...
[Deleted]
I am new to MQL4, Kindly help me debug the following code (Tried back testing, it gets stuck on while loop). Objective of the code: 1. The code needs to check for crossover. 2. If there is a Cross over, Monitor every next candle for Buy condition. 3. If the Buy Condition is satisfied, Set Value to...
[Deleted]
Hello, i am wondering, if there is a possibility to send a FILE to the PHP script (via POST, WIN-API). and than in PHP manage it as file uploaded via web-form? Thanks for answer
KIndly share your input as to why this piece of code opens a sellstop order and yet doesnt open the buy order that precedes the sellstop. if ( MacdCurrent > 0 && MacdCurrent > Signal Current) { Alert("LONG :", Symbol()); condition1 = true; } if (condition1) { if (OrderType()!=OP_BUY)...
[Deleted]
Hello I want to use the GMT Hour of my Broker in my custom indi. Please somebody help me how can I ge that information. million thanks mithetnme
[Deleted]
Hi, Is there a talented programmer out there that would be able to program an EA for me please? I like to trade off the 4hr and daily charts for various currency pairs. My strategy is based on a Fractal price breakout with red Alligator teeth confirmation and the CCI 20 crossing >100 for a buy or <...
a month or 2 ago, I could use Search and find results in all categories but now I get no results under Documentation, Book, or Technical Analysis. I have tried different browsers too.
Hello !!!!!! Anyone wants to share an indicator that calculates the angle of a linear regression without repainting ??? I share an interesting indicator programed by Komposter. Thanks for your help !!!
Hi Guys, I would like to execute a particular piece of script only once. It doesn't suitable to sit in the init() part of the script So to do that I would like to know if there is a command_type that will only run once? or maybe there is some variable that keeps the exact time when the script...
Hello, I am trying to make a function to keep track of open trades so as to avoid place pending orders on the zone around those open trades, the zone can be defined by the spread and the stoplevel. so if I have an open buy or sell, I don't want to place a pending order around these open trades,...
Hi all forex trader My name is Andy. I am new forex trader. I am need EA for deleted pending order automaticly if my first position hit on take profit. Let me explain. In this situation i am buy EUR/USD at 1.4410 and put my take profit 1.4440 without fill stop loss and i am pending order sell stop...
Hi guys, Just wondering why MT4 performs a full M1 to D1 data collection every time you do a backtest. I know it might seem silly to say that - naturally you'd want all of the latest data if you're testing up to the day.. However, if you're testing within a certain period, every time I make a small...
  EV Problem  (2)
MQL4 EV Problem A strange new error has appeared in my EV’s. When I load any EV I get the following sequence of messages: loaded successfully; deinitialized; uninit reason 1 (or reason 5); removed . I urgently need to solve this problem so I will be grateful for any help
[Deleted]
In the data window, what is "volume" based on? For example, on a typical 5 min bar in the EURUSD, there volume might be 160 or so. What does the 160 represent? Thanks!
Hello Metaquote, i got attracted to mql4 platform because of the automated trading opportunity, but i am having problem coding my strategy to a robot, my strategy is to buy when the stochastics are below 80,and sell when they are greater than 20, but all my efforts have proved abortive, i have used
[Deleted]
Hello members, Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am using the OrderSelect() function to cycle through orders for various reasons, however, when I do, the EA begins to affect trades on other currencies and magic numbers. I believe this is because when the OrderSelect() function exits, it sets...
  Linking charts  (1)
Please can anyone tell me if there is a way (or technical indicator) I can move cross hairs on one time frame chart I can see the cross hairs on another time frame?
[Deleted]
  EA Demo Vs Real  (5)
Hi expert, I'm was running EA for Automatic trading and it running find in Demo acc. but facing problem to start running under real acc. any idea...why
[Deleted]
I googled this for many hours and could not find a single broker that charted gold in yen, usd, and euro. Are there any that offer this? example - gold in yen, gold in usd, gold in euro.... I need them to have them all not just one or the other. thank you
[Deleted]
This is a simple expert to check indicators values. The expert get a iSAR indicator, send its output to a function. The function doesn't change it, just print it and returns same value back to start(). Back in start() the value is print it again. The same is done for Open() in a second function. How...
[Deleted]
Hey all =) I have a little doubt about indiactors... Can i use the force index indicator results in my ea by some way? I'm trying to use it for helping the decision of buy-sell. Thanks =)
All, Maybe it just has to do with the fact of being a newby to Meta Trader 4, but is it possible to have the Graph Output (Showing the bid and ask lines in blue and red) from the order menu into the main chart for a symbol. I have seen there are loads of custom indicators which can be added to Meta...
[Deleted]
This strategy is extremely simple and I use it to detect opportunities and it is very good. If you open an H4 EUR/JPY chart and you insert the Bollinger Bands(20) indicator, if you observe the chart you will see that the bands are simply a Resistance and Support.The Upper band is a Resistance and...
[Deleted]
Here is a very basic overview of a role of a Stochastic indicator in the Forex trading. Knowing exactly what to expect from Stochastic, if you ever plan to add it to your own system, will affect trading results dramatically. For this trading method:Entry rules: Buy when the faster moving Stochastic...
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA that uses ATR, and I have modified the standard metaquotes indicator so my EA can read the data from this indicator, I am new to coding and the Atr returns a value of 0.0000, you will see I have iATR as a backup also: double Atr(int shift){   string gvName    = "AtrForAntony";...
[Deleted]
Hi! I'm writing a school paper about market attractiveness for automatic trading algorithms, EA's etc on Forex Exchange. Since their are no surveys about this from what i have found(?). I would be very appreciated if I could ask you members on MQL4 community a couple of questions. The goal of this
[Deleted]
yes sakis that is true they use dollar index to trade. We use the same in the place that i work i think is very good it can show you the direction when it crosses with the other price. And you buy the one product and you sell the other if you henging with out losses
Hi, If I want to put a comment in the upper left corner of chart, I can use the Comment(...) function. But is there any way for an ea to read what the comment is for the moment?, like a GetComment() function or similar. Best regards Grufgran