MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1176

can I use #property indicator_chart_window in an EA, and if not why not and what do I have to do in its place / do to make it work ? I have copied it from a Pivots_daily indicator where it already draws to the main window so why will it not work when being used in an EA ? (in laymans terms please...
  vino  (1)
Hi
Dear all I would like to ask for your help on two questions: 1) this seems to be an old question but I still can't find answer from this place : how can Playsound and Alert command work simultaneously in an "indicator"? Does it can't be solved in MT4? 2) If an indicator plays multiple sound files...
[Deleted]
  Who will write an advisor?  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
I have a trading system who can help me write an EA for it for free
  PIP vs Profit  (6)
where do I go to find out more about pips vs profit? What I want to know is if 2 different pairs that are priced way differently, move in the same direction the exact number of pips, does the profit move the same? Example: Eurusd right now is 1.44286 and Eurjpy is 119.93 (Friday 15th, 2011 after
I want to put an Old LOG.file in the experts/files folder and built an expert advisor that places trades at the same 00:00:00 hour/minute +/- 10seconds from the previous day, week month etc. The purpose of doing this is having "trade automation" based from a previous trading day's activity. **...
Hi everyone, I am trying to figure out how to implement ordershistory to get my EA to go to the next day regardless of what whether its a gain or a loss. Right now i am using seprate subs to go to the next day but it is becoming cumbersome. I thought I could simply use the orders history function to...
[Deleted]
Hello, how i set stoploss on open price of current bar in my EA? Thank you
One of the best indicators in financial world is Dollar index Because dollar is the opposite currency of the most assets . So if we can make an indicator of USDX that can be plotted in the screen together with the asset we wand to trade, then we can predict a significant moves but it must be in the
I have a ideea for a EA but I don't know mql; somebody can help me?
[Deleted]
  Please Helpppp  (3)
I have a problem: when I download Forex Indicators, there are message: Cannot open .mq4 files on your system How od I solve the problem ? Could anyone give me the link to download free software to solve it ? Thanks in advance D
Looking at some optimization results , I asked myself the question: Is this profit worth this drawdown? Placing the results into a spreadsheet I figured a simple ratio of drawdown (in cash) to cash profit would more meaningfully describe which result is actually optimal. Thus, a ratio of 1 means
Does anyone know of a free ea that will open a buy order with one pair, and a sell order for another pair at the same time? And also close the two orders at the same time when the right time comes? For example: I am overlaying two charts... (could be any two charts, like EURUSD /CHFJPY, or...
Just wanted to get an idea of what others consider to be an unacceptable drawdown. To me, when I look at a testing result, anything above ~20% is a deal breaker, however, losing even 20% of your account, I would imagine, would be psychologically traumatizing.. I think I would find it hard to stick...
I have this in code: #define SIGNAL_NONE 0 #define SIGNAL_BUY 1 #define SIGNAL_SELL 2 Could anyone tell me in laymans terms what this code does please ? thanks in advance
Hi, I am new to MetaTrader and MQ4, so please excuse any obvious questions. However, I have failed to find the answer online. Here is my question: I wish to develop my own 'EA' running on 2 different MT4 instances connected to 2 different brokers. Under certain circumstances, I would like one EA...
[Deleted]
I'm working in a trainling stop system, wich must follow the Low and High prices and return me if should i close or not some orders. The problem is that it works, but after some candles/bars it stops. I know that there is a stop order, that we can send using the order, but it have a minimal pip, and...
[Deleted]
Hi All: I am brand new to coding in this platform, so I don't have a clear plan of how to do this: I have a requirement to create an EMA and have an alert triggered when the sell rate of whatever currency pair on a chart is selected ( I believe that is Symbol() function that is used for this ?? )...
Can anyone correct this bit of code... I NEED to get the Time that the high and low happened on each day. int D1_bar = iBarShift(NULL, PERIOD_D1, Time[i]);      double High_i=iHigh(NULL, PERIOD_D1, D1_bar);      double Low_i=iLow(NULL, PERIOD_D1, D1_bar);            datetime val=Time[iTime(NULL,0...
[Deleted]
I hope I can frase my question clearly. i want to make my customed indicator so, it can be hold open for setting, and in the same time I can get to the screen, as in the setting of a new order. any ideas how to do it? thanks Cub
[Deleted]
I am an newbie for MQ4,recently have tried to write TS() for my code as follows: void TS(double ts=550){  bool res = false;  int total = OrdersTotal();  for(int i = 0;i<total;i++)  {    if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES) ==false) continue;     if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() &&...
Is there anyone that can help me program a new robot? Manually trading my strategy is working, but I would love to automate it. I can do some of the programing, but am so new to programing, I need help with some of the functions.
[Deleted]
Hi , I run my system when the bar changed every 5 minutes but the EA is run with each ticket purchase / sale and not every 5 minutes. IndicatorCounted use ( ) , but it is always -1 . counted_bars = 0 ; IndicatorCounted counted_bars = () ; //---- check for possible errors if ( counted_bars < 0 )
Hi all, I got a problem using one of my custom indicator in an EA. The EA is working in real time but not in strategy tester. I assume there are some functions I use in the indicator used in my EA that are not taken in strategy tester history but in real time values. Do you think this can be...
[Deleted]
I need the PVI and the NVI indicators. Does anybody know where I can download these indicators for free? Or If somebody can give me the code to these two indicators. It would help me alot. Thanks, I mean it
for example, when one closed trade is profitable and I want to increase lots at next opened trade Is there anybody know how to write this code...? thx
Hi, Does anybody know if there is a maximum number of (sound-) alerts that can be set up in Meta Trader 4. I now have 64 alerts set up and it seems I can't set up any new alerts. If I add a new alert, it is still possible, but it will disapear upon restart. So my question, does anyone know if there...
  decompilation protection  (80   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Is it possible to protect against decompilation??? By means of a deliberate code error...? or is it broken anyway
[Deleted]
I need to to draw a vline in some points of my candle graph,but i'm having some problems... I'm trying this: if((Open[0]>Open[1] || Close[0]>Close[1] || Close[0]>Open[0]) && Volume[0] > Volume[1]){ b++; if(!ObjectCreate("fundo",OBJ_VLINE,0,Time[0],Close[0])){...
solution found.