MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1171

[Deleted]
yes sakis that is true they use dollar index to trade. We use the same in the place that i work i think is very good it can show you the direction when it crosses with the other price. And you buy the one product and you sell the other if you henging with out losses
Hi, If I want to put a comment in the upper left corner of chart, I can use the Comment(...) function. But is there any way for an ea to read what the comment is for the moment?, like a GetComment() function or similar. Best regards Grufgran
hi, I would like to understand why does MT4 draw an EMA line from the very First bar. I always thought like other MA's there must be some calculation points before the first EMA is finally calculated. Look at the pic below: I reduced on purpose the Bars in the Chart to 35 so to see all there is:...
[Deleted]
Last night my MetaTrader client crashed. Here are the crash-log: Filename : mt4clw.65F8BA3D90FC34B655214EEE1B3F96F8 Time : 2011.03.28 23:16 Program : MetaTrader 4 Terminal Version : 400.392 (16 Mar 2011) Revision : 2119 OS : Windows 2003 Server 5.2 Service Pack 2 (Build 3790) Processors : 1 x X86
[Deleted]
Hi all, does anybody know of a script that was once on the site, that removed the active border around the live chart.. The top part where the close/minimize buttons are. i am guessing it was some type of winap, I have tried to search but my searches here always come back as not found.. I have also
from a traders point of view ! Imagine a speculative trading strategy that is guaranteed to make money 98% of the time. Are you interested? There are many ways to accomplish this. Here is a stylized example: You draw a card from a 52 card deck. If it comes up any card other than the ace of spades,...
Is there any way ro to use Standard error chaNNEL in my ea?
  Interesting advisor!!!!!  (67   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Good afternoon all, after many days and nights of thinking and searching for a more or less normal strategy, came to the conclusion that all is well that is invented by others, half of the Internet is flooded with information about martin, anti-martin, etc.. I checked it, but the other half of the
[Deleted]
I have a five digit broker. In my EA when I tell it to Alert(Ask) it only shows 4 digits comapred to the chart which shows 5. How do I get it to I get the Ask command to give me 5 digits? Would MarketInfo work?
Simha: B"H Hello, Upon running my EA (which makes use of a single self-developed DLL) on a single symbol, the memory consumption of the MT4 terminal (terminal.exe) is raised by ~100[MB]. Running the same EA on another symbol (additionally) increases terminal's memory consumption by ~100[MB] more....
[Deleted]
I got this answer after several words for search, including "expert". The search returned this: Your search did not match any documents
[Deleted]
Dear comunity! how to put to price moves in the same chart for correletion thnks in advance
[Deleted]
I hope someone may be able too help the over works quite well however it seems too use far too much data and stops MT4 from opening or at least takes 10 mins too open. I was thinking there may be a better way of doing this may be using moving average i know i may loose some accuracy but may be worth
[Deleted]
Dear comunity i have a question how to find dollar index to put on my screen together with the other assets for coreletion thanks in advance
  Symbol = GOLD  (1)
On the fxopen.com MT4 platform I have a problem.     if(Symbol()==GOLD.)    {      Print("Symbol ", Symbol());    } It does not recognize GOLD. although on the output of Print("Hello ", Symbol()); it gives GOLD. Please, somebody help. Thank You.
[Deleted]
  Future price  (1)
Hello, Do you know a broker that offers to trade future price of a currency? Can be forex, metals,cfds, oil, stocks etc. Regards,
[Deleted]
  Basic buy script  (3)
I know there is probably loads out there but i dont seem to be able to find them. Im quite new to metatrader and also to MQL im trying work out how to just write a script that i can place a buy order with a set take profit and stop loss(in pips) and i can just then assign it to a hotkey for...
Hi, My EA takes perfect long and short orders when backtested. However, when run live it slips to take the orders at the right time. Due to copyrights of the Indicator that I am using, its not possible to share the indicator which is used to generate signals. Did somebody ever face this situation...
[Deleted]
  I need pointers  (1)
I am new with this and do not know how to proceed with trading.
What are some paradigms/rules/techniques for optimizing code for resource efficiency? I know next to nothing about this beyond the blatantly obvious but have come to a point where I think its time I learn.. can anyone recommend any good literature on the subject or give some more-than-basic advice?
I have recently downloaded a demo MT4 account on which I am trading EURGBP with 50,000GBP as the starting account balance. I am using an EA that trades using the martingale strategy where by it doubles down its position every time the trade goes in the wrong direction. I am emailing because there...
Why doesn't the following keep me from entering a trade twice (orders are below the attached code)? Thanks inadvance for your help // Is this EA currently in a trade   for(i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)     {       OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS);       if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() &&...
New article The Indicators of the Micro, Middle and Main Trends is published at mql5.com: The aim of this article is to investigate the possibilities of trade automation and the analysis, on the basis of some ideas from a book by James Hyerczyk "Pattern, Price & Time: Using Gann Theory in Trading...
[Deleted]
I am looking for a simple indicator based on SMA and price. If price moves above SMA show an Up arrow if price moves below SMA show a down arrow. I have been looking around but found files which have atleast 2 MA (slow and fast) but i need only one. Can anybody please help me please. I would really...
[Deleted]
  System crashed  (1)
Hi, Can someone help me. I am having problem with the interbank fx platform. There has been a criticalerror Time : 2011.04.05 23:10 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 229, 16 Nov 2010) OS : Windows Vista Professional 6.0Service Pack 1 (Build 6001) Processors...
Hi, I've been trying to use windows dll function calls to retrieve data from the web, and using it in an indicator. All works fine using calls like InternetOpenA, InternetOpenUrlA and InternetReadFile. My problem is that some of the data retrieved might also be in russian, which makes using the...
Who can correct the copyist of transactions, transactions copies but doesn't close., why?. Also it is necessary to copy transactions with ECN accounts with symbols of type EURUSDmam, GBPUSDmam etc. Whether it is possible? To the author too addressed. ExpertSource.mq4 (5.1 Kb) View ExpertReceiver...
Dear traders, I´m looking for an EA software for automatic trading of a range. It should be in the way that I can draw lines for long & short entries in the chart. SL and TP will be set automatically. Who can help me? Thx C.
Hi, I am developing an ATS that contain a module for partial closing and reopening.. I need some help for the math/formulas that will control this feature.. In summary, the feature will partially close a trade size on a number of grid levels and if price retern back to the previous grid price, EA