MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1177

[Deleted]
Hi folks, I've been trying to create a program that checks the current mailbox on my MT4 account. My broker gives some info on trading signals that I intend to check and since mail history isnt saved anywhere, i need to do it in real time. My question is, is there any way (easy way for starters) to
[Deleted]
If i place either of these scripts on a M1 chart, with thousands of bars loaded - they both begin counting aproximately 250 numbers from the end. (i.e. they start at 250 & 150 respectively), & then count through to the end (400 or 500 respectively. The beginning number is normally not exactly the...
Hi, all I have a problem when create a custom indicator which return 4 values. 2 of them are double value while the others are interger. But I can only get the double values, the interger values are empty. I set the right buffer type, it seems in vain anyway. Does somebody know how to solve it?...
[Deleted]
Hi, I got Ducascopy tick data to obtain 99% modelling quality. When perform an optimization and set minimal margin level (that's acceptable for the backtest), will the be the margin level check really every tick of the backtest? Regards, Daffi
[Deleted]
I am a MT4 newbie. Watched several MT4 videos and went through the Help manual .. still cannot figure out how to change the time of the chart (7 hrs ahead of mine). http://www.screencast.com/users/Bethwgreenie/folders/Jing/media/bd4ba063-bb76-48a6-b8ef-550aee65c464 Appreciate some tips please....
Hello Everyone! I have the following idea, when i made a optimization in MT4 i can't optimie balance and drawdown, and because of that i think in the following idea: for example: when my buy conditions are TRUE, i set a new parameter "flag", then i check if the new Balance is greather or equal to
[Deleted]
hi so, we're talking only about currently opened trades. i would like to add the profit of the first and the last one together. i can add all the trade's profits together, but thats not what i want, so what do you guys suggest? the trades have not been named like ticket_11 or whatever, so an...
Hi, I want to programm my own trailing stop. I mean, I don't want to send the trailing stop to my broker but I want to check it with my EA and close it with my EA. Can I do it in that way? if (OrderType()==OP_BUY && Bid-OrderOpenPrice()>=Start_TrailingStop* Point ()) { if (Bid< High[iHigh( NULL
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I want to use the Forex Factory News indicator! Before it works you have to download the news from there database with this script (it´s only a part of the code) I have more than 1 Mt4 station on my PC and it´s troublesome to specific the path everytime I want to download the news from...
[Deleted]
Hi, I have an MTF indicator that uses sar, however I'd like the sar to calculate heiken ashi ohlc, and not the normal type Can you tell me how I can do this, my mtf indicator calls to the sar indicator to calculate sar formula, I think it is calling to the internal indicator in mt4 that can not edit...
[Deleted]
Hi I have this code in my EA but it just keeps returning 0.0000 can only help? int Range(int shift){double Range;   if(Close[shift]<Open[shift]) Range = Open[shift]-Close[shift]*Point*mno;   if(Close[shift]>Open[shift]) Range = Close[shift]-Open[shift]*Point*mno;   return(0);} The "Range" is then...
[Deleted]
Hi - apologies i am new to MQL4. Is this language suitable for corporate (meaning non FX) option trading as well? Thx!
[Deleted]
How can i set and fix the grid in MT4? For example, I want to set the grid to a fixed 10 pips. Thanks
[Deleted]
How can a separate window indicator (#property indicator_separate_window) be positioned above the chart in MT4, rather than below where oscillators like Stoch, MacD, etc normally reside? Ive seen separate window indicators above the chart before from images, but I need to know how to position them...
[Deleted]
Hello, I have a question relatedto the OrderSelect() command. For Open and Pendingorders, does this command use the information stored in the Client Terminal. Inother words, working with information stored physically on my PC ? Or is it sending a requestto the Broker? For trades coming from...
Your search did not match any documents What is going on?? I get this message everytime i do a search in this forum.
Hello, I have written a small piece of code (regarding MACD ) and I can access global buffers from the indicator but I cannot do it with the same piece of code in EA. WHY ? This is the piece of code from indicator init() fun that i don't use in EA: int init() { //---- drawing settings
I have a simple strategy, wich I trade for a long time (manual). Now i want to make an Expert advisor. I'm a newbie in MQL4 and maybe can someone help me. I don't get the RSI visible and he doesn't open any positions. The ma's are visible but all in a red thin line. The strategy is very simple....
[Deleted]
  Error 130  (7)
Hello, I have a rather "funny" issue with Error 130. For the following code I receive always an Error 130. No exceptions. Broker distance is 0. Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Macro_lots_to_trade_B,Bid,2,Bid+25*Point,Bid-25*Point," MM ",2, 0, Red); Where as this code works fine:...
  Separate window  (2)
there are many interesting custom indicators that can be found but is it possible to have them in a separate window and not on the main chart ?
[Deleted]
Hello! I recently purchased an EA for Mt4. For some reason, the EA is working on my demo accounts but not working properly on my Live Account. Here is the basic info: All the settings are the same for the EA putting it on my demo account and on the live account. I've emailed the EA support team...
Please help. I am trying to stop my robot from entering two trades at once. Below is a simplified block diagram of what I am trying to accomplish, as well as the code I am using. The code doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong? Is it the use of a return (0) that is wrong? If so, why? Do I need to do...
How many of you manually intervene with your robots? Clearly there are some limitations to a strict set of trading rules.. I have a very good system that I use on a live account but there have been times when I looked at a chart and knew that the price would move against the direction of an...
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA that uses ATR, but because of issues in accuracy I am having with the iATR I have decided to use the metaquotes indicator for the EA to reference, but iATR as backup incase the indicator is not attached to the same chart. The metaquotes indicator is returning a value of 0.0000 for...
B"H Hello, Is there any restriction on accessing / allocating (using ArrayResize) local EA arrays from within EA's "init" method? It produces errors. Solution? Thanks, Simha
[Deleted]
i need help for do an EA based on supertrend thanks
[Deleted]
How can i get this parts (marked in red) on the graph? I'm trying this: bool isThereAHole(int dist=10,int mode=1){ int downs=0,ups=0; for(int i=1;i<=dist;i++){ if(Close[i]>Open[i] && Open[i+1]>Open[i]){ downs++; } if(Close[i]<Open[1] &&...
[Deleted]
I am new to MQL4, Kindly help me debug the following code (Tried back testing, it gets stuck on while loop). Objective of the code: 1. The code needs to check for crossover. 2. If there is a Cross over, Monitor every next candle for Buy condition. 3. If the Buy Condition is satisfied, Set Value to...
[Deleted]
Hello, i am wondering, if there is a possibility to send a FILE to the PHP script (via POST, WIN-API). and than in PHP manage it as file uploaded via web-form? Thanks for answer
KIndly share your input as to why this piece of code opens a sellstop order and yet doesnt open the buy order that precedes the sellstop. if ( MacdCurrent > 0 && MacdCurrent > Signal Current) { Alert("LONG :", Symbol()); condition1 = true; } if (condition1) { if (OrderType()!=OP_BUY)...