EA openning subwinow with indicator

Hi,

is it possible for an EA to open a subwindow and start indicator there? I mean something like strategy tester does. My EA uses iCustom() and i would like it to open a new subwindow and run indicator there. Is there any sollution of this problem?

Looking for advices,

gr0nek

No thats not possible. The closest thing I can think of is setting up a Template. You can name the template Default, that way even when the computer boots up and mt4 restarts your ind will come back up. Drawback is every-time you change EAs, you'll need to change the default template to reflect whatever indicator's within that EA because EA's cannot call indicator Views themselves ... AFAIK.

ubzen:
No thats not possible. The closest thing I can think of is setting up a Template. You can name the template Default, that way even when the computer boots up and mt4 restarts your ind will come back up. Drawback is every-time you change EAs, you'll need to change the default template to reflect whatever indicator's within that EA because EA's cannot call indicator Views themselves ... AFAIK.

Yep, i do that, but my EA runs on 35 charts :) and everytime i change paremeters i have to change them also in the indicator. Its annoying and i was looking for some permanent sollution. But thanks anyway.

gr0nek:

Yep, i do that, but my EA runs on 35 charts :) and everytime i change paremeters i have to change them also in the indicator. Its annoying and i was looking for some permanent sollution. But thanks anyway.

Try searching the forum. If I record correctly someone may have had a fix. I cannot remember the details of the post. I'll try searching for you as well.

ubzen:

Try searching the forum. If I record correctly someone may have had a fix. I cannot remember the details of the post. I'll try searching for you as well.

I did some reaserch but found nothing useful.

I think WHRoeder may have an updated answer to what you're looking for Link. Try talking to him.

ubzen:
I think WHRoeder may have an updated answer to what you're looking for Link. Try talking to him.

ok, I did, waiting for an answer.

I am suprissed that this so complicated problem :)

Reason: