MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1172

[Deleted]
I have never seen a EA that will return which currency pairs meet a given criteria. For example, which pairs show price above the 50 EMA on the daily and 4 Hour chart. Can this be done? Has it been done? Is there code that can bee used to model a more complex screen? Thanks for helping SR
[Deleted]
Hello, I found working trade duplicator, but I want not only to duplicate the orders and also to invert them. When I have buy order on Server account, to open sell order on Client account. Can somebody help me?
[Deleted]
Hi there! I am finding difficulty to test an expert advisor on 5 min time frame or even 1 min. The chart keeps saying waiting for update. with 15 min time frame and longer, I have no problem .. Thus it works with 15 min TF and up with same settings but not on 5m or 1m. Any one can help me how to fix...
Hi, I have developed an expert advisor to trade Gold, it works ok when attaching it to a chart, but I got a critical error when trying to backtest it with the Strategy Tester. Any idea about what to check? Thanks!
Hello people Here's a block of code of an indicator I am trying to convert into EA format -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- int limit; int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(); //---- last...
[Deleted]
  ordersend ????  (2)
hola. can you help me plz. my question is that: how can i get information that an ordersend was closed, expl: OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,1,Ask,3,0,25,"order_buy",1114,0,Green);
[Deleted]
Dear forum, I have an EA which i've been testing with OP_BUYSTOP, it was consistently performing very poorly and so I thought that if I change the orders to OP_SELLLIMIT I could start trying to test variations of what could be a profitable EA. It turns out that the EA opens a different number of...
[Deleted]
  Trend code help  (2)
I am having problems with a part of my code that is supposed to trigger when the Ask moves "Epips" number of 1/10 a pips. The problem is that it always alerts "Sent Buy" no matter the movement, up or down. If somebody could tell me how to get it to act like it should it would be great. //in init...
when writing an expert advisor is better to write your own indicators and calculation or to use technical indicators that is built in with the system??
Hi All Experts, Does anybody know the code to get the colour of an existing custom indicator on a chart? thanks
[Deleted]
Dear community i am new in MT4 and i try to back test my stradegy with previus dates than 2010 i put the date to 2006 fx but the MT4 test only from 01-01-2010 can some one pls help me ? thnks in advance Zak Nahem e-mail nahem@mail.com
I cannot find anything in the documentations for detecting the chart period an EX ia attached to. I'd like to get values from other timeframes based on the current chart's period. TIA
[Deleted]
ma2=iCustom(NULL,0,"",NULL,0,NULL); double mikearray2[3]; ArrayInitialize(mikearray2,ma2); double mikearray [3],q,p,r; q=mikearray[ma2]; p=mikearray[ma2]; r=mikearray[ma2];
Hello The program that I have backtests, forward tests, and now I wish to set it to go LIVE Automation. How is this done please? Thank you in advance. Huckleberry
[Deleted]
Hi I have an EA that I need to add a function that can calcuate the highest RSi of the day, but I require some help, here si my code:    double Rsi(int shift=0){     int theRsiPeriod;   if(Period() == PERIOD_M1)      theRsiPeriod = RsiPeriod2;   if(Period() >= PERIOD_H1)      theRsiPeriod =...
[Deleted]
Hello I have an ea that uses Macd , Atr, Rsi etc. Now for Atr I do this to return the correct value to the correct number if decimal spaces: double Atr( int shift){ double res; int theAtrPeriod; if ( Period () >= PERIOD_M5 && Period () <= PERIOD_M30 ) theAtrPeriod = AtrPeriod2; if (
  mt4 dde problem  (1)
This one is odd. i can get gbpusd, gbpchf, gbpjpy, eurusd, eurchf, eurjpy, usdchf, usdjpy but I get N\A when I go try eurgbp and chfjpy. now, the commands are correct: =mt4|bid!eurgbp and etc. How come I can get the other symbols, but not these 2? DDE server is MT4. DDE client is Excel 2003 OS is...
Sometimes I read in forums that are outdated, about EA's that start at the start of each upcomming bar. As I started with MT4, my question is: " Was that a feature of EA's to start at the start of each bar on the opening of each bar in earlier MetaTrader versions??? If yes what should I change in...
[Deleted]
  actual price  (2)
hola. because i m beginning in this domaine i have a easy question is that how can i know the price in every moment marketinfo....
[Deleted]
  Security Crack  (1)
[Deleted]
I want to tell MT4 market is ranging by comparing the Average Range for the last N period/days against the High and Low for the last N period/days. Getting the Average Range I can do using for (NPeriod=shift ; Nperiod<=shift+11; Nperiodr++) {...
Hello Would somebody be able to modify the standard MT4 Osma indicator so that it has a moving average/signal line just like the standard MACD red moving average line? I'm sure it is just a line of code or two but for a none programmer this is very difficult! I have spent ages searching the web and
Hallo! I have an idea to insert in my EA an option that could close the order if, it has met some criteria and it is opened yesterday or earlier. Is it posible?
Hello Let's say I want to create an alert for a condition such that for example Close[0] > 1.2800 & Close[0] < 1.2810. As you can see the alert will continue pop up as the conditions still arise which is kind of annoying. I tried to add a counter to only alert once but did not succeed....
Hi, I do not knoe if it possible. I like to use the command: COMMENT " ", which gives you real data you need on time (almost good as DEBBEGER), but I ask if is is possible to have different color (then white) or different fons size without changing it to OBJECT? Thanks Y.
[Deleted]
Hello, When attaching a EA to a chart, in order to activate Live Trading, one has to tick the box “Live Trading allowed”. In my EA program I’d like to access this “box” in order to check if it is ticked or not. If it has not been ticked I would internally disable the whole Trading Section of my EA
[Deleted]
Hello, does anyone know, how I can differentiate between Demo or Real accounts with MQL4? I want, that my EA only works on demo accounts and not on real accounts. Yours, Alfred
  MT4 Bug ?  (4)
I have just been watching MT4 trade and my trailing stop stopped working on Sell orders. I restarted the machine and it works. Is this a bug and can I fix it ? Can I get MT4 for linux ? (Ubuntu)
  MT4 on iPad  (3)
I'm thinking of bying an iPad. Does MT4 run on it?
I've been running some backtests and have been running into an issue that makes me question the validity of a portion of my history data (and also my trading strategy). Im observing a significant discrepancy in the way any given EA performs with respect to the time interval tested. You're probably...