MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1167

Fontsize option  (1)
Hello, Just a short question, I would like to add a font size option to the code bellow but I cannot manage to make it work, I tried the following code but it is not working: SetLabel("iProfit12", DoubleToStr (tu/MathPow(10,DecPts()), DecPts()),ColorOnSign(tp), eiX0Row, eiOffsetY+2*eiStepY,...
[Deleted]
Orderticket () is not retuning Empty_value after the last ticket has close...always returns the last ticket number. If Metattrader 4 is stopped, shutdown and restarted Orderticket () does not return the last ticket closed, the value is 0.. Should I create a buffer for the value? I am working with...
[Deleted]
I want to Use MT4 watch chinese stock, How I can do ?
I wrote a script with a pop up, and now I can't get rid of the pesky thing. I have deleted it from the scripts folder. I have shut down the platform. What is Chart Context Menu ? I don't see anything about shutting down scripts when I right click on the chart. Please... need help
[Deleted]
  Please help me  (1)
How can I register to practice with Ava Meta Trader Demo account. I need Login account and password to practice with the Demo platform
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to forex and MT4, and I have one question: I am using en EA, which should close half of open lots on first target, but it doesn't. EA is working fine with other users, so I already contacted Oanda (I'm using Oanda MT4), but they couldn't help me. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank...
[Deleted]
Hi, wondering if there is anything already in existence that I could use to auto set a fixed sl & tp on every trade. My entries are @ candle close instant and by time I set tp and sl price has moved on. Not a problem to edit if only one position taken but on a few different pairs simultaneously...
[Deleted]
I want to do something very simple for example: buy 0.1 lot EUR/USD if (EUR/USD > 1.40 AND EUR/GBP > 0.89) All articles are too much complicated I can't find a sample code which is as simple as what I just want.
Just so anyone who comes along later is aware, I did some work for Jordi Palazon de Andres in response to this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/132143 and haven't been paid. It was quite a bit of work and all had to be done in Spanish. He admitted that he wasn't explaining what he wanted very well...
Hi, I was trying to normalize the ATR between the values 0 and 100. 0 - to the lowest value and 100 to the greatest. I did the formula, but all the time, the indicator change to zero, and only the end start to move. I don' t have Idea why it’s happening. It only works when I compile it, but I need...
[Deleted]
  EMA_CROSS  (2)
Does anyone know how to make EMA_CROSS (one of EA strategies) a stop and reverse system ? I just want it to be all the time in the market, so there're no stops and no targets. Current position is being reversed once EMAs cross each other. Thank you Matt
I am trying to develop an EA and at the moment trying to get logical parts to work and just can't figure out what is wrong here. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction First - the order does not close Second - GetLastError() appears to return 0 (zero) - i.e. the ALERTS @ 10800 &...
[Deleted]
How to define Lotstep to be 0.01 extern double Lotstep = 0.01 is it right that must be in begining define, or in calculation of optimal lot size. What is BalanceStep. Dynamic lot how to define to switch - true or false. Thanks
Can you add the InputBox() function on Meta Trader 4 (with new release) using this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/w32inputbox_1.aspx ???
In the tester, are the profits on the real account draining the deposit? No 100% confidence in the stability of the Expert Advisor? Quotes in the terminal stop? Install the service - mtonline and sleep in peace! If quotes do not come to the terminal, the Expert Advisor cannot control the situation
  Code not working  (2)
Can someone help me? The following code is a script that when I run, should place 2, at market price orders for 2 different currency pairs. But... It asks me if I want to proceed, but when I click the Yes, it does nothing. If I have the EURUSD chart open, sometimes it places that side of the trade...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am using a VPS, running win 2008 server with 2 gig of ram, and 2 x 2.4 ghz processors. I have written a C++ Dll that uses windows sockets to communicate with my software and passes instructions to MT4 EA via Functions. I have proved that my DLL gets its instructions in less than 1 millisecond...
Is it possible to write such a strategy, a non-syndicated strategy based purely on mathematics? I was asked this question to professionals and anyone who has any opinions. Mathematicians say that we should use the theory of random variables, more precisely Markov chain
[Deleted]
Can someone supply names of the Windows .dll(s) used to achieve the following functionalities?tia "Assistant The assistant makes writing the text of an Advisor easier. It automatically shows the scrollable "List Names" list after you enter several first characters of object names declared in MQL4. ....
Dear all i have indicators saving the historical data in .csv and .prn, but any one can help to make it to .txt (yyyyMMdd HHmmss;open price;high price;low price;close price;volume) Regards
Thought I'd create very simple EA to try and understand how file I/O operations work. Documetnation states the file should be :- terminal_directory\experts\files folder (terminal_directory\tester\filesif for expert testing) or in its subfolders. But I can't find a file anywhere. Handle - is...
Hello, I am looking for some help in building an EA that will manage my open positions. I open them manually so this needs to be only position closing EA. For example: I buy 1 lot - EA should close 0.1 of a lot at 5pips profit - EA should close 0.1 of a lot at 10pips profit and so on. But I should...
Hi, I have attempted to code an Indicator for this thread: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=276813. When I compile it the indie is 180 degress reversed (buys shows as sells and sells as buys) but if I change timeframe and revert back it is OK. Then the indie always shows buys regardless...
[Deleted]
Hi gurus here,my ea couldn't add position correctly,before it run add positon's code, it would close the former order, //here is my sell conditionif (m1<m3-0.00005)       {       ticket1=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,1,Bid,5,Ask+1050*Point,0,"SELL#1",MAGICMA,0,Red);return;/*it will open continuously 2...
[Deleted]
Hy, I would like to set custom limit orders based on 1 minute candles. I would like to set a buy limit order 10 pips over the high with a profit take at 15 pips, and the same on the short side. My question is could this be programmed in a way that I have to click only once? As you might guessed I...
[Deleted]
OK....I am working on my first EA and already have figured out the conditions etc and coded such. Please note that I have been using the Expert Advisor Builder here http://sufx.core.t3-ism.net/ExpertAdvisorBuilder/ because I do not plan on becoming advanced in MQL or making any other EAs. I tried...
[Deleted]
I have an account with Oanda and they offer many different file formats for historical data. I contacted my broker and they instructed me to post the question here. That is, What format should I request the data to be in and how do I insure that it is formatted so it can be use with MT4 for back...
My customer asked my to write an EA optimized for gold trading. I used to write EA in MT4. Recently I tried to switch to MT5, but I cannot find the symbol for gold in Meta trader 5. Does the gold is supported in MetaTrader5? Is it really neccesary to switch to MT5/MQL5? Can I continue to use...
[Deleted]
Hey all =) I'm having some trouble with the stoploss and takeprofit in OrderSend(). it seemsto be correct, but when i run my ea, it says that i'm sending wrong parameters to SL and TP. This is my code: if(TakeProfit<=0)tp = Bid+NormalizeDouble(50*Point,5);//My brooker run with 5 digits
[Deleted]
Hello, In mt4 when I press F2 I have the history center of prices. I choose the currency and the time frame. The mt4 give me the option to download the historical prices. The maximiun that I can download is 65.000 registers. Do you know how can I download more than 65000 registers? Can I do it in...