MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1166

hi, so the recurring problem of being limited to bad broker tick data. i want to upload into my mt4 platform reliable tick data. anyone recommend a decent low cost provider ? i have access at work to bloomberg, however it is only limited to 6 months ! thanks
[Deleted]
the following code is not opening any orders. I have put alerts in certain segments (in bold) so I know the flow of the program is working...can anyone pick up what I am doing wrong pls? gracias. int start() { int Magic=0; CurrentSignal = check_entry_condition();...
Where can I get the Metaeditor?
When I apply an EA to my chart, MT4 crashes with this error, can any one tell me how to fix it ? There has been a critical error Time : 2011.04.26 20:11 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 229, 16 Nov 2010) OS : Windows XP Professional 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build...
hi all proffesional in this great forum i have a simple problem i programed a very simple indicator which get the pivot of the day as a practice programing task using the equation p = ( h+l+c+o)/4 where p = pivot h = high of previous day l = low of previous day 0 = open of the previous day c = close...
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 392 Fixed deinitialization of the list of indicators in the tester.Fixed display of profits in the base currency of a symbol.Removed unnecessary recalculations of indicators when displaying them on a chart.Fixed memory leak during optimization. Added translation...
[Deleted]
I didn't know if they had a play money acct feature, all i see is a grayed out box where it says "new trade" so i can't use that button.
  Spread Tool  (5)
I have been using JFOREX on Dukascopy where I was able to use a type of EA that displayed the Spread on the Chart. http://youtu.be/0trgyjx9e08 can anyone tell me if there is a similar version to this on MT4 ? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi I have recently downloaded a demo version of metatrader 4.0 (the Alpari edition). I've tried to run this simple program: int init() { OrderSend ( Symbol (),OP_BUY, 0.1 ,Ask, 6 ,Bid- 50 * Point ,Bid+ 50 * Point ); return(0); } However the trade never opens, even though i've checked the 'Allow live
hi, i'm new to mql and want to create a simple code which recognizes the highs and lows in a time period (2:00 a.m. to 2:59 a.m.) for a currency pair. i hope an expert can help me with my little problem.;) thx
[Deleted]
I want to set MLQ4 to automatically close any trade that reaches (-$40.00) in the Profit column on the Trade tab. More info: I use two EAs that trade multiple pairs and are attached one each to EURUSD and GBPUSD. These EAs work well except one of them tends to let the Profit column fall below...
There has been a critical error Time : 2011.04.23 10:23 Program : Client Terminal Version : 4.00 (build: 226, 24 Mar 2009) OS : Windows Vista Professional 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002) Processors : 2 x X86 (level 17) Memory : 3928960/1200160 kb Exception : C0000005...
[Deleted]
I'm trying to run several EA's on historical data and keep getting "OrderSend error 130" for both BUY and SELL orders without any logic. It happens on most signals and I downloaded 10 different public domain EAs and none work on most signals at different resolutions (1M, 1H 4H..). I'm well aware of...
So I'd just created a mechanical system which shows results below. IMO after a year at this, I'm convinced that something like this would come much closer to a black-box (grail) system than anything in the fully-automated robot class. I'm not saying that this is the BEST method to trading. As IMO...
[Deleted]
Hi Y'All, I have been learning Forex and Metaquote 4 over the last 2 years, I have a 30 year background in computers so happy to take a technical response. Having developed an Automated Trading strategy over this time, I am now trying to fine tune some of the interactive parts, namely Email. I have...
Hi Guys, I got a question about het build update: I have an account with FX-Open build 225 I have an account with FX-Primus build 399 Can somone tell me why FX-Open douse not update to 399? FX-Open says this is done by MT4 so how can i update? Greetings Dave
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 399 Fixed margin calculation for hedged positions in the CFD-Leverage mode of margin calculation. Fixed excess initialization of calculation buffers of custom indicators.In MetaEditor, fixed navigation though a file with the tab spacing equal to 1. Fixed errors...
  the sum of bars length  (12   1 2)
hi how can i find the sum of bars length between tow dates using mql4 if i had a startdate {S} and enddate{E} and want the indicator to deduct the high from low of each bar between S and E and sum the result.....which function can do that........ only i need the name of the function and then i...
  Include Files  (5)
A few quick questions for experienced programmers about include files, when using .mqh include files, what do you do about variables declared in the main program on global scope ? By that I mean when attempting to compile an include file that references variables declared in the main program on the...
If you declare an array after extern and before start() with a cell limit of 5 like int Array[5] ; and then use ++ on them the last Array Cell [5] does not update! To find this I wrote something like the following int Array[5] ;Start()static int tick ;tick++if (tick>3) return(0) ;Print("Next...
Hi everybody, I'd like to insert in my expert a function that writes in an Excel file the initial stops of my trades. Could you help me? Thank you!
[Deleted]
I have programmed a forex ea. I want someone to educate me on how to code the ea so that only one user with the name coded on the ea can use the ea on the live account and to have expired date.
I made the following code as a test and ran it on open bar mode in the strategy tester. int start()  {    int q=0;    for (int i = 0; i<10; i++)    {        q++;        Print(q);    }      Print ("---------------------------------------");   return(0);  } Most of the time it outputs as expected:...
New article How to Order an Expert Advisor and Obtain the Desired Result is published at mql5.com: How to write correctly the Requirement Specifications? What should and should not be expected from a programmer when ordering an Expert Advisor or an indicator? How to keep a dialog, what moments to...
  Use of libraries  (7)
I downloaded the file OrdersSuite.mqh from the code base here but am having some trouble using it. Looking at the code for OrdersSuite it itself icludes TimeSuite.mqh. I included the files in my script as below: #include "..\libraries\OrdersSuite.mqh" #include "..\libraries\TimeSuite.mqh" However...
[Deleted]
Does anyone have a correct base code to have a input on the colorchange according to the accelerator oscillator indicator??? Thanks in advance, Fly
HELLO ALL, IM A C# PROGRAMMER AND I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP TO PROGRAM THIS FOLLOWING EA: WHEN SILVER 1 HOUR CANDLE FALLS: X% FOR EXAMPLE, EVERY ONE HOUR CANDLE OF -1% ON SILVER... OPEN A BUY WITH A STOP LOSS. I WOULD LIKE TO TEST THE STRATEGY BUT DONT KNOW THE MATH AND COMMAND NECESSARY. ANY HELP...
I would like to import time of publication newses from web site: http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/index.html?sort=dateDesc&timezone=GMT into string variable of indicator I 'm writing now... For example we have EURUSD currency pair, if ((today news == today date) && (currency == EUR) || (currency ==...
hi i want to know how to code for Pythagorean Theorem in mql4 if my equation is =sqrt((a^2)+(b^2)) and a=b can we do that by using : double MathPow( double base, double exponent) any help is appreciated
[Deleted]
Can anyone explain what has been changed to cause 4X the frequency of these calls. I am testing an EA on 'real' time, not back testing, but am now 'being allowed' 1 trade in 8 (average). The EA is the same, and was making 98 out of 100 trades correctly (win 70%, lose 30%), on platform 225 with IBFX...