MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1174

Hi Guys, I got a question about het build update: I have an account with FX-Open build 225 I have an account with FX-Primus build 399 Can somone tell me why FX-Open douse not update to 399? FX-Open says this is done by MT4 so how can i update? Greetings Dave
MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 399 Fixed margin calculation for hedged positions in the CFD-Leverage mode of margin calculation. Fixed excess initialization of calculation buffers of custom indicators.In MetaEditor, fixed navigation though a file with the tab spacing equal to 1. Fixed errors...
  the sum of bars length  (12   1 2)
hi how can i find the sum of bars length between tow dates using mql4 if i had a startdate {S} and enddate{E} and want the indicator to deduct the high from low of each bar between S and E and sum the result.....which function can do that........ only i need the name of the function and then i...
  Include Files  (5)
A few quick questions for experienced programmers about include files, when using .mqh include files, what do you do about variables declared in the main program on global scope ? By that I mean when attempting to compile an include file that references variables declared in the main program on the...
If you declare an array after extern and before start() with a cell limit of 5 like int Array[5] ; and then use ++ on them the last Array Cell [5] does not update! To find this I wrote something like the following int Array[5] ;Start()static int tick ;tick++if (tick>3) return(0) ;Print("Next...
Hi everybody, I'd like to insert in my expert a function that writes in an Excel file the initial stops of my trades. Could you help me? Thank you!
[Deleted]
I have programmed a forex ea. I want someone to educate me on how to code the ea so that only one user with the name coded on the ea can use the ea on the live account and to have expired date.
-
I made the following code as a test and ran it on open bar mode in the strategy tester. int start()  {    int q=0;    for (int i = 0; i<10; i++)    {        q++;        Print(q);    }      Print ("---------------------------------------");   return(0);  } Most of the time it outputs as expected:...
New article How to Order an Expert Advisor and Obtain the Desired Result is published at mql5.com: How to write correctly the Requirement Specifications? What should and should not be expected from a programmer when ordering an Expert Advisor or an indicator? How to keep a dialog, what moments to...
  Use of libraries  (7)
I downloaded the file OrdersSuite.mqh from the code base here but am having some trouble using it. Looking at the code for OrdersSuite it itself icludes TimeSuite.mqh. I included the files in my script as below: #include "..\libraries\OrdersSuite.mqh" #include "..\libraries\TimeSuite.mqh" However...
[Deleted]
Does anyone have a correct base code to have a input on the colorchange according to the accelerator oscillator indicator??? Thanks in advance, Fly
HELLO ALL, IM A C# PROGRAMMER AND I WOULD LIKE SOME HELP TO PROGRAM THIS FOLLOWING EA: WHEN SILVER 1 HOUR CANDLE FALLS: X% FOR EXAMPLE, EVERY ONE HOUR CANDLE OF -1% ON SILVER... OPEN A BUY WITH A STOP LOSS. I WOULD LIKE TO TEST THE STRATEGY BUT DONT KNOW THE MATH AND COMMAND NECESSARY. ANY HELP...
I would like to import time of publication newses from web site: http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/index.html?sort=dateDesc&timezone=GMT into string variable of indicator I 'm writing now... For example we have EURUSD currency pair, if ((today news == today date) && (currency == EUR) || (currency ==...
hi i want to know how to code for Pythagorean Theorem in mql4 if my equation is =sqrt((a^2)+(b^2)) and a=b can we do that by using : double MathPow( double base, double exponent) any help is appreciated
[Deleted]
Can anyone explain what has been changed to cause 4X the frequency of these calls. I am testing an EA on 'real' time, not back testing, but am now 'being allowed' 1 trade in 8 (average). The EA is the same, and was making 98 out of 100 trades correctly (win 70%, lose 30%), on platform 225 with IBFX...
  Fontsize option  (1)
Hello, Just a short question, I would like to add a font size option to the code bellow but I cannot manage to make it work, I tried the following code but it is not working: SetLabel("iProfit12", DoubleToStr (tu/MathPow(10,DecPts()), DecPts()),ColorOnSign(tp), eiX0Row, eiOffsetY+2*eiStepY,...
[Deleted]
Orderticket () is not retuning Empty_value after the last ticket has close...always returns the last ticket number. If Metattrader 4 is stopped, shutdown and restarted Orderticket () does not return the last ticket closed, the value is 0.. Should I create a buffer for the value? I am working with...
[Deleted]
I want to Use MT4 watch chinese stock, How I can do ?
I wrote a script with a pop up, and now I can't get rid of the pesky thing. I have deleted it from the scripts folder. I have shut down the platform. What is Chart Context Menu ? I don't see anything about shutting down scripts when I right click on the chart. Please... need help
[Deleted]
  Please help me  (1)
How can I register to practice with Ava Meta Trader Demo account. I need Login account and password to practice with the Demo platform
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to forex and MT4, and I have one question: I am using en EA, which should close half of open lots on first target, but it doesn't. EA is working fine with other users, so I already contacted Oanda (I'm using Oanda MT4), but they couldn't help me. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank...
[Deleted]
Hi, wondering if there is anything already in existence that I could use to auto set a fixed sl & tp on every trade. My entries are @ candle close instant and by time I set tp and sl price has moved on. Not a problem to edit if only one position taken but on a few different pairs simultaneously...
[Deleted]
I want to do something very simple for example: buy 0.1 lot EUR/USD if (EUR/USD > 1.40 AND EUR/GBP > 0.89) All articles are too much complicated I can't find a sample code which is as simple as what I just want.
Just so anyone who comes along later is aware, I did some work for Jordi Palazon de Andres in response to this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/132143 and haven't been paid. It was quite a bit of work and all had to be done in Spanish. He admitted that he wasn't explaining what he wanted very well...
Hi, I was trying to normalize the ATR between the values 0 and 100. 0 - to the lowest value and 100 to the greatest. I did the formula, but all the time, the indicator change to zero, and only the end start to move. I don' t have Idea why it’s happening. It only works when I compile it, but I need...
[Deleted]
  EMA_CROSS  (2)
Does anyone know how to make EMA_CROSS (one of EA strategies) a stop and reverse system ? I just want it to be all the time in the market, so there're no stops and no targets. Current position is being reversed once EMAs cross each other. Thank you Matt
I am trying to develop an EA and at the moment trying to get logical parts to work and just can't figure out what is wrong here. Perhaps someone could point me in the right direction First - the order does not close Second - GetLastError() appears to return 0 (zero) - i.e. the ALERTS @ 10800 &...
[Deleted]
How to define Lotstep to be 0.01 extern double Lotstep = 0.01 is it right that must be in begining define, or in calculation of optimal lot size. What is BalanceStep. Dynamic lot how to define to switch - true or false. Thanks
Can you add the InputBox() function on Meta Trader 4 (with new release) using this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/w32inputbox_1.aspx ???
In the tester, are the profits on the real account draining the deposit? No 100% confidence in the stability of the Expert Advisor? Quotes in the terminal stop? Install the service - mtonline and sleep in peace! If quotes do not come to the terminal, the Expert Advisor cannot control the situation