MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 582

Hello. Please help, i think this is really simple but i don´t know how to do it.  I need help modifying an EA that i have coded and adapted. I want to modify it such that, once a fractal is used as a signal to open a trade, another trade will not be opened based on the same fractal. This is to...
[Deleted]
Hi, This is driving me nuts and most likely a very noob questions (I apologise in advance).  Im trying to write an oscillator that shows the percentage difference between the close price of the candle vs the close price of 5 candles prior.  It seems to work however the last 5 values before the...
  Tralling Stop  (4)
heeey gus!!! It is a pleasure to be in this forum. The forum helps me a lot in my studies. =) Thankss!!! People,I can not place stop when the price reach a value. Example: price is 1.50 Stop in 01.30  if(Ask+50*MyPoint>OrderOpenPrice()) modify = OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice()...
[Deleted]
THE PROBLEM:  I've got an idicator in compiled version only and I'm trying to figure out how to implement it in my EA.  IDEAS: - figure out how my EA could read the color of the chart. - iCustom returns the value of the indicator, not the color, and it is the color that I need  - "reverse engineer"...
Hi,    I've been unsuccessfully trying to start  from powershell command line the terminal.exe program. The .ini file look like this :   ; common settings Login=2089020454 Password=7ze45v3u EnableNews=false ; experts settings  ExpertsEnable=true ExpertsDllImport=true ExpertsExpImport=true...
Hi :   I am writing an indicator with 50 buffers. I don't want them all to be appear in the data window, how can I hide some of them please?   Thanks  
Hallo, just started coding two weeks ago so I assume my code often is to cumbersome and slow, so be lenient ;) I want to get the price (low price is this case) of a candlestick where a certain vertical line is placed. For iLow I would need to use a shift which doesn't seem wise to me because it's a...
Hi, I found this article in the codebase: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1403  "HOW TO EVALUATE THE EXPERT TESTING RESULTS" It works fine for testing ONE run, but if I will do an optimization, than in the text-File shows only the last result (not for the different optimization values of an...
[Deleted]
Hello MQL4 community! This is my first post as a MQL4 rookie. And before I start I'd like to say thank you! I have already got some helpful tips just by searching & reading the forum. Well, I have a comprehension question. So far I have "coded" EAs just for the strategy tester. That means in a lot...
any one know how to transfer  trade history data from mt4. thanks
how to make site like myfxbook that analyze history of trading?
Hello, i want to write my function so that it makes a for loop comparison of different EMAs for order execution. In theory a for loop would go through all the numbers, but mine does nothing. Any ideas? void CheckForEMATrade(){   int x,y;   int period[]={20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70};   double...
[Deleted]
I wrote an EA but since i am very new in programming i want my EA to work only on those trading account numbers which i include in my source code so that if any of my clients distribute my EA to any other person it should not work on that account .What lines should i add in my EA to protect this....
Hi ... I recently bought a new laptop... Unfortunately for me i bought a ACER with a 32 Gigs SSD... of course, it became full in no time... I see that metatrader datas are on C:\user\MyUserName\AppData\Roamimg\Metaquote... Those datas keeps accumulating without end... and of course i had to remove
Hello, all, yhis would be the best in french, for me can not use MathMod, could you show me an exemple Here is my wrong code, seeking to use parity:               "                 int i=3; i ++;                 double     MathMod (i,2)                 if ( MathMod (i,2) = 0) Continue;...
Hi is there any way to automatically save data from MT4 into CSV format? I have to go to each chart and manually click on File>Save as then save the entire history for the instrument, Doing this manually everyday becomes a very time consuming process. Is there any indicator or script that will save...
Hello, I have tried the "currency loader" to save live mql data in a csv format but I do not see files writing to the directory. I searched the following path but no file was seen: D:\Program Files\FX - MetaTrader 4\experts\files\. Can anyone help or direct me to an expert advisor that will export
[Deleted]
Can somebody help me, how can I write the code, because I am beginner of programming in mql. In My strategy are two Simple Moving Average and Average Directional Movement Index. I want open buy, when SMAB>SMAR && PlusDI>MinusDI && ADX>ADXLevel And I close it on TakeProfit or Stoploss. If the buy...
Hello  I have a problem with the values returned on tester when I use the genetic algorithm to optimize. Using the same parameter in EA, the return value of the function OnTester() dont match when I compare the test individually  with the return value in optimization. Here is the Step by step:...
Hello, Ok I am new to metatrader and forex in general. However I was wondering if there is some kind of template when placing order where you specify s/l in pips and t/p in pips instead of price? And then this setting used on every trade until you say otherwise?   Reason for asking is I am testing a...
[Deleted]
Improve Meta Trader 4 by providing account history detailed statement graph as a callable window from account history without need to print out history. This will make it better to interpret overall investment results at a glance.
can someone help me please? I can get this function to delete a pending order. What am i doing wrong? the way I would like it to work is when a open order is closed. this function will then delete the pending order. I keep getting the error 4108 for invalid ticket. I really have issue if another...
i am trying to make an EA for auto risk calculation but still not successful. i am trying to calculate risk from Stoploss value in pip. Example my stoploss is 10pip & i want to take the risk of 5% of my total Account balance. it should calculate from these two parameters... Here is my code i tried...
[Deleted]
Hi there, Please a little elucidation about mechanism of include loading. Let this scenario: there are some include (mqh) which in turn call other includes, i.e. relative to elementary soubroutines. So, any include-container is an auto-independent module because it can be compiled without errors....
[Deleted]
when I install MT4 on my win10(64) OS,I always stay this step as the picture giving.Help me!
Hi, I don't know where to send it, so I'm posting it here. In this page, https://docs.mql4.com/convert/stringtointeger The explanation says:  "into number of int (integer) type." and the return value is supposed to be long. And on a personal note, I think those functions are bugged... 
Hi rich people, after automatic update from build 920 to 924, the same backtest ended with a different result.   Since build 924, the spread setting is no more taken into account when backtesting using a read-only history FXT file (and only when the FXTfile is read-only) Using build 920, spread...
Hi, Iam working on an EA wich works with price action setup (pinbar only) and EMAs and I have doubts on which period should I make the backtesting. There are many articles of optimization and backtesting of stategy but there is no reference to the period to use. Should we use an random period? Or a...
Hi folks, I need to work an EA to identify support and resistance levels and I'm confused how to define and find those levels. I have read so much topics that I need your opinion about what is the most accurate. I have read the several articles using: - Fractals (https://www.mql5.com/go?link=https...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I started fooling around with MetaEditor and I'm not able to do a simple printf. Here is my code double down = 10;double fast=iMA(NULL,0,10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0);void OnTick(){  printf("fast=",fast);  printf("slow=",down);} The code compile without error, I'm able to make it run in the...