MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1117

[Deleted]
Hi, I'm wondering why MT4 trades more frequent in a optimized backtest then it does in a single (static) backtest (same settings), is this EA relevant or a common bug? Anyone ran into the same problem?
Does anybody have an estimate of the volume of data passed between a client or mobile MT4 and the server? I have only found one post relating to this and the answer 3 years ago was measure it yourself. By now I am sure someone has figured this out although I would think it would be standard...
[Deleted]
Hi folks, I've used http://sufx.core.t3-ism.net/ExpertAdvisorBuilder before to produce simple EA's – although not for a couple of years. Last week I made this ultra simple EA but surprisingly it always rejects the order if I have any Stoploss or Takeprofit on. Has the syntax changed? Thank...
[Deleted]
Is there any way to have a function in an include file automatically run without having to explicitly calling the function? I tried calling the function from the Define section (what is that section called?), but got a warning when I compiled, and I assumed that it did not run.
[Deleted]
Hi All Can any of you tell me where I can download thsi indicator for free for mt4? Don't really know why this is not standard with the program, as almost everyone I know uses it. I saw one for $25 but don't want to take the chance it is rubbish!! Also please advise is it worth using mt5, now that...
hi we all know we have existing moving average ea on mt4 platform. i need some small changes in it. 1. put lot 1 2. put sma period 6,shift 2 3. risk 6 pips time frame 15 or 30,open buy cross up & close sell, close buy cross down & open sell, i dont know how to put remaining settings, THANKS& REGARDS
[Deleted]
I have a DLL that I have re written to control my EA and in so doing I have introduced a memory leak. From forum readings I understand that this is likely do to not destroying the string arrays in the DLL. Rather than passing a string back as I did originally i simply pass the pointer to the string
Hi, how can I protect an EA, hide the code with a password like in Vba or similar way? Thanks a lot guys
[Deleted]
Why I can not get the corrrect indicators value in EA testing ? I tested the following simple indicator test_1.mq4 //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                       test_1.mq4...
Does anyone see a problem using the following code to build a unique magic number ?? [I cannot use symbol or timeframe in the magic number] int magic = TimeCurrent();
Currently I'm using something like this: //~~~~~~~~~~Init-Function:int init(){    //~~~~~~~~~~Load History For Bars:    iCustom("EURUSD",0,"Dummy_Indicator",0,1);    iCustom("GBPUSD",0,"Dummy_Indicator",0,1);    iCustom("AUDUSD",0,"Dummy_Indicator",0,1);    iCustom("USDJPY",0,"Dummy_Indicator",0...
I am using IBFX and MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_STOPLEVEL) and MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_FREEZELEVEL) both return 0. anyone know why or can give a workaround?
[Deleted]
  EA optimse help  (4)
looking for EA optimise service anyone can help free ? or a small fee ? please PM me
Easily create currency trading robots using populartechnical indicators and charting. Includes several ‘ready-to-use’ strategiesand includes manual and training video. http://www.gowebtrade.com/robot/?gwt_ag=fora_01 robot@gowebtrade.com
[Deleted]
Big holes in data invalidate all testing on MT4 on any timeframe. What happened to June 2010, what happened to half of may 2010, what happened to the same months in 2011? Did the markets shut down for those months while nobody was looking? NO. OK to answer the questions you are going to ask me ahead
[Deleted]
I am having a recurring problem with Windows 7, when attempting to copy text, Metaeditor crashes. The problem seems to be related to permissions, I am able to change the permissions for the experts folder, and occaionally this works for a period of time, but then the issue resurfaces. I have...
Has anyone else noticed an issue when replying to posts in this forum where the cursor dissapears/freezes up ? Or is the problem on my own computer only ?
[Deleted]
  Automatic Magic Number  (38   1 2 3 4)
Hello everybody, this is my first post in this forum. I would like to ask what do you think about this code to make an unique Magic Number for each graph atached EA. Seems to be ok? Thanks. int MagicNumber ; int init ( ) { MagicNumber = WindowHandle ( Symbol ( ) , 0 ) ; Comment ( MagicNumber ) ;
Okay so I'm creating a martingale EA... So I want to record the account balance, then make a trade, then if the new account balance is bigger than the previous account I want lot = 0.1; If the new balance is smaller than previous balance, then I want lot=lot*2; (I have static double lot)... All I...
The error: Please see position 11 above. After opening the position, it is correctly followed by a modify that adds a tp, then it wrongly adds another modify that changes tp value, gives sl a value that equals tp. The second modified was not intended at all. What in the code below causes the...
hi, am new to expert adversor trading, i have 1 indicator that is 2 sma cross, i need to change in expert advisor, i dont know how to change.and how to write code with required parameters . plzz help me. thanks #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property
Hello Guys, I am having problems using a dll function in mt4. I have this function in C that I tested in another C console application program. I exported like #include<windows.h>#define N 400extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) double myfunctiondll(double rates[N]){  return rates[0]+0.5*rates[20];} in...
  RSI mtf array  (1)
Hi, My question is about sliding the buffer in custom indicator. E.g: #define MAX_LOOK_BACK 5int start(){int limit;   int counted_bars = IndicatorCounted();      //---- check for possible errors   if(counted_bars < 0)      return(-1);   //---- the last counted bar will be recounted   if(counted_bars...
[Deleted]
I want this kind of indicator for MT4. Have you seen the indicators which display each sessions' charts only? eg. N.Y. session only, Tokyo session only, and London session only, etc. I am not talking about the indicator for the trading time, but the chart of each sessions. as following; Thanks in...
[Deleted]
I am travelling soon and am considering buying a 10 inch netbook. It seems with this I can only get a maximum 2GB ram with a dual processor and 250GB hard drive. Will this adequately run MT4? I have an EA running. Will it run up to 3 MT4 platforms? I'd appreciate any help with this before I make a...
I am trying to edit a certain ea. When finished, I should compile it. But what come out is an error, access denied. Can somebody help me on this please. ceasar
Does any one have a code in visual C++ (2008) on how to appropiate compile a dll function and then how to import it in mt4. I have no problem making dll functions that I test in console applications; but I cannot import them into mt4? thnks in advance
[Deleted]
hi, can anybody help me with my code? my code are just simple, i want to get the open price at 12.00, and then wait until the price move above or below the open price around 20pips. After that entry buy or sell depend on the situation, if goes up, then sell, if goes down, then buy. and the code only...
hi there....i need some help in EA......can someone give the code snippet to select all the open buy orders from a bunch of mixed open orders??.....thanks in advance!!
[Deleted]
Hello, hello! If the timeframe chosen for a backtest is below M30, I get the error: 2011.09.05 13:35:51 TestGenerator: internal error because the file not opened. With timeframes bigger than M15 the EA is working. MT4 is connected to the server and is downloading historical data. Has someone an...