Moving Average Inclination

Can someone help me to find an indicator that can give ma the “moving Average inclination”???

For example, if the moving average is flat it should be around zero… if going up, Positive, if going down, negative.

Regards,

Fly

flyozone:

Can someone help me to find an indicator that can give ma the “moving Average inclination”???

For example, if the moving average is flat it should be around zero… if going up, Positive, if going down, negative.

Regards,

Fly

double RightNow=iMA(NULL,0,24,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,0); // Right now (you can change 24 and PRICE_WEIGHTED to suit your needs)
double Before=iMA(NULL,0,24,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_WEIGHTED,1); // One bar ago (you can change 24 and PRICE_WEIGHTED to suit your needs)
double inclination=(RightNow-Before); // subtract the second from the first

'inclination' will now have a value equal to the current rate of change. It will be positive if trend is up, negative if trend is down.

I've found that if inclination is between 20 and -20 pips, the price is "ranging" or "channeling".

trivates:

'inclination' will now have a value equal to the current rate of change. It will be positive if trend is up, negative if trend is down.

I've found that if inclination is between 20 and -20 pips, the price is "ranging" or "channeling".

I was thinking on something more direct… like a trend indicator. But I will try this... tks!

Reason: