MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1121

I have been trying to program some EA's for a couple of months now and I suddenly realised that I may not have the correct understanding of the "return" operator. Can somebody just explain to me exactly what happens what happens when I put a "return(0)" somewhere in my code. It could be on a new...
[Deleted]
Hi, I am new to MT4. I tried to write a script to close all trades based on the magic number. I have 5 trades running, when I execute the following script to close all 5 trades, the script only manage to close 3. I am not sure what is wrong with my coding. Can anyone help to advise or correct my...
I am getting an error "market order #1 cannot be deleted" "OrderDelete error 4108" "invalid ticket" when I want to delete an old pending order. That is in spite of the fact that my error code reports the correct order ticket number for the pending order - OrderTicket:1. All the subsequent pending...
[Deleted]
Dear folks, A part of my custom indicator requires draw HLine with close price of the bar which is defined by current VLine. Maybe there will be about 6 VLine on the chart. And one more thing, can indicator also automatically deletes all Vline and Hline which is not be seen in the lastest 50...
What happens when you have a back test running in the MT4 tester and you compile the EA after some changes had been made while the EA is still running? Will it immediately adopt the new changes or will it run on the previous version, and I have to stop the run and start from scratch? I have noticed...
[Deleted]
Hello, I'm building a DLL written in MSVC++ (through Visual Studio Express 2010) and have a problem when the EA is uninitialized. On DLL unload, MetaTrader terminal loose instantly the connection to broker and I have to stop/start the application to get it work again. Even the login on same account
  can't make trade  (3)
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                GBPUSD trader.mq4 |//|                      Copyright © 2011, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net...
  ATR Trailing Stop  (11   1 2)
I've never used an ATR trailing stop before and am looking for one to familiarize myself with. Would this be the link to its location NRTR_ATR_STOP.mq4 or is there some standard version that's available?
does anybody know why this error comes: ERR_INCORRECT_SERIESARRAY_USING4054Incorrect series array using. and how to slove? i dont find enough discription in metatrader documentation
Hi . Help . Cannot Login to the Form to Post New Job ?? or sometime can login but when you press send new job ( Press Add ) it log out and ask you to login again ??
[Deleted]
  Email Help  (1)
I am looking for a script that i can attach to a chart on which an ea is running and so that whenever a trade is opened and/or closed i would like to get an emailing notifying me of this. It would be a great if someone could help me out Thanks!
Hello Guys, I am trying to save the tick rates like (time stamp in secs, rate). In matlab, I have not problem in reading the doubles bytes(rate) but the longs bytes (time in sec) I get values that don't make sense. bests this is the script attached to the EUR/USD chart: #include <stdlib.mqh> int
[Deleted]
Hi! I found a simple relation in currency pairs. Many of them tend to range between certain BIG NUMBERS. The BIG NUMBERS are usually prices that end up in 00 or 50. Here's an expert advisor that uses this relation: http://www.fxoo.org/DispatcherServlet/Downloads?id=3 It places two opposite orders...
Hi I'm trying learn how to code this. There is time() and Istradealoud(). Here are my thoughs. Please help. Example: if( time()==12:00 ) { IsTradeAloud="true" } if( IsTradeAloud=="true" ) { Trade Logic
Hello, I am trying to add a breakeven function to my EA Does anybody know the code for a breakeven function?
Please advise: What computer will let me open 40 to 50 demo accounts at the same time to test differents EAs? What memory is minimum? What processor is needed? Many thanks. forexjim
[Deleted]
Hi Community, I want to write a little script who puts 2 vertical lines each Day in a period of 1 year (12:00h and 14:50h, 2010-2011) Can sb help me please? Thx a lot in advance! ZarTum
[Deleted]
Hello Guys, I have this, x = 0,0891, and i have to aproximate with two decimal places, -> x = 0,09. How can i do that ? Thanks everybody.
[Deleted]
I am wondering if there is a way to initialize a string with a constant plus the value of a variable. Is there a way to do this or do I have use a include file and initialize 100s of 1000s of similar strings As an exsample: x=1;             string "A"+x;//should be the same as: string A1;
[Deleted]
  Script Potential  (7)
Hello Anybody, I just completed removing all the bugs out of an ea that is doing great now. I need to know how to automate setting up the ea on multiple charts. Right now I am manually attaching the ea to about 11 charts and its time consuming. Can I write a script which will automatically...
[Deleted]
Hello all coders here! I'm new and inexperienced on MQL4+MQL5 code. I was read the MQL4 books, and too often try many expert advisor. Now, I has my own strategy and I want to develop it with myself (The public if it really works and not for sale! I really hate to those who sell their expert
[Deleted]
I am trying to incorporate my MT4 charts onto my Internet site. But it appears not that easy. Can anybody give me a good advice on how to do it. Thank you.
[Deleted]
Hi! So, the title pretty much covers it... I just need to "open" momentarily a URL, so I can send information through it to a webpage. I don't need to download anything from that page, or anything, I just need to send the info. Say: http://something.com/something.php?name=changowero How can I do...
I've had trouble getting the values agreeing between the stochastic function and the indicator itself displayed on charts (using exponential averaging, "Close" data point). Anyone familiar with the difference between the calculations and if they can be reconciled?
  view my tester values  (14   1 2)
Hello All I am new to Forex and MetaTrader4. I have spent many sleepless nights studying and developing my own EAs. I feel that Im getting very close to going live with real money. I would ask that you view my tester values below and suggest any concerns and things you feel I should look at to...
[Deleted]
MT4自带的智能交易系统(Moving Average.mq4)我放在XAU/USD 上我明明看到穿越移动均线多次但没有触发交易,我选择的允许自动交易,保证金足够。请问有什么工具能调试交易系统,发现问题所在吗?谢谢了
Say you have an indicator with 2 buffers, the 2nd one is calculated on the 1st. The scale of the first is much larger and you're not interested in displaying its values. So you could use #property indicator_maximum but that's not good because the values of the 2nd buffer change if you change the...
I know this has been asked a million times but I cannot find a solution that works and actually does give 99% modelling quality. I have downloaded data from various sources and used the "period_converter" script to convert it to all timeframes, but still no 99%. Does anyone have any real good data...
[Deleted]
I do technikal with large volumes, and there was perfected by issuing a lot of money, but I just do it a few times but successful, either it goes .. because I'm doing is very risky with a small-cap and do not use management. I just believe that there must tertarjet with technikal produced in...