MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1119

hi friends iam trading with simple strategy, 2 ma cross over, i need alerts in alltime frames where it cross over, put ma1: period 3,shift 0 and ma2:period 5,shift 1 and need time GMT: +5.30 on it. plzz modify this 3 things. plzz help me here is the attachment thanks to all #property...
[Deleted]
Do you use a VPS or keep the EA on the client side, My EA is not really time sensitive. It could take a trade up to 5 minutes past the signal and still be fine. I'm not really a conspiracy theoriest but I am not 100% comfortable running my EA from a VPS. That being said, my client side mt4 seems to...
Hi All, I am running a script in contnuous mode using a 'while' loop. int start(){  //initialise for other objects already existing  objectstotal = ObjectsTotal();    while(IsStopped()==False)   {    ...code here   }} This works fine while in one timeframe. At the moment a message box appears...
Monthly numbering of a branch will make it easier to find the necessary information. The address for a locked branch is here . It is strictly forbidden to discuss trading systems and display their results in a thread: the thread should correspond to its name and purpose. All discussions of trading
  Ukraine's Independence Day  (61   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
Ukraine's Independence Day is coming up. Congratulations to all concerned on the holiday
[Deleted]
  Cosmetic issue  (4)
Beginner's question: I wrote single code to record and export price data (all recorded ticks) into Excel: double Ticks[65530]; // respects Excel rangedatetime Times[65530]; // respects Excel rangeint deinit()  {    int handle;    handle=FileOpen("Ticks.csv",FILE_WRITE|FILE_CSV, "...
Hi, I am new to mql programming. I have a good knowledge in .Net programming language (c#, VB.NET). I read the books of MQL and now trying to implement my knowledge. I am trying to show the result of how may pips involved as a total in trades. Here is my code: int ReturnTotalLots() { int totallots;...
I have an EA that i will like to reset its external variables to the default setting within the EA after a trade is taken, can you advise on how to achieve that? Thanks Iddy
  Paintbar Study  (4)
Dear MQL Community, i am about to port a Tradestation "PAINTBAR" study to metatrader4 and i want that it looks very similar to tradestation. As you know its not possible to paint the body or cloak of a bar to different color from mql. Does someone have any suggestion how i can look like a painted...
[Deleted]
int h = FileOpen(FileName, FILE_CSV|FILE_READ,',');    for (int c=0; !FileIsEnding(h) && c<9999; c++)  {        if (FileIsEnding(h)) break;         ask[c]=         bid[c]=...             }  FileClose(h); Hi all, Assuming I have a CSV file with 2 colums (one with Ask and one with Bid price) for...
  OrderModify  (6)
Hello: I have this in my code: // Returns result and error messages void PrintMessageOrderModify (bool ticket) { int check ; check=GetLastError(); if(ticket>=0) Print("An order has been successfully placed with ticket # ",ticket,"."); // request is completed or order is placed if(ticket<0)
Hi, Newbie here so please be gentle with me! I want an EMA of 50 and a second one of 200, can you kindly confirm how I go about this. When I add Moving averages to the chart I'm not sure just where to add the 50 and 200. For instance, what does 'period' and 'shift' mean. Do I go to 'levels and add
[Deleted]
  Trading Bus  (2)
To me trading is like a bus and trader is a passenger do not ride the bus until it take a direction, once the bus with the right direction will lead you to a profitable destination The direction of the bus can be determine with the help of your trusted indicators, I am using the following Support as...
[Deleted]
I am pursuing my EA that trades between 3 trend lines drawn from a custom indicator. With great helps from this forum, I've managed my EA running but it has a bug getting wrong trend line value. (trendline "red" in particular) My biggest worry is that maybe the problem is the structure of the EA as...
I have googled, but i dont have found any informations how the fiboArcs are calculated. The problem is that MT4 does not give me a getValueByShift() functions for getting the levels at current bar, so i need to calculate them myself. If somebody know the formula or have a code example in whatever...
Noob, here I'm having a heck of a time trying to make an EA trade an indicator on 1 timeframe - while the indicator from another timeframe is in the same direction Seems that no matter what I do it either trades in one direction only, or NO trades Or maybe at best 2 trades and that all, LOL I need...
I have a live account with forex.com, the problem I have is that MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_ASK) gives 0.0 and Ask looks fine?
I use the following MQL code to keep me out of the market when the spread is greater than 1pip (allowing slippage of 3): "MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_BID)<=1.0" My Question is: why am I still observing my EA take trades when spreads are higher than 4 pips? Can anyone...
  trailing stop issue  (15   1 2)
//trailing stop functionvoid CheckTrailingStop(){double newsl = OrderStopLoss();for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++){if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break;if(OrderMagicNumber()!=exMagic || OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()) continue;if(OrderType()==OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() &&...
[Deleted]
Dear All: I believe this has been asked and answered before. I am new to this forum. Sorry for the "old" question. I have written an EA. Sometimes, it failes to close the open position. My code related to closing are: OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS);//one and only one open position, so the...
i have been playing with this code to see how far i can take it but i got myself lost here else //close all positions if ((diClose0<diMA1)){...
I don't think I'll be able to learn and transform my Expert in time for this year competition. I'm just wondering if any of you active guys are in :)
[Deleted]
Hi I am looking for an indicator that will plot POC of each M15 bar inside the bar.. is it possible? Thanks
[Deleted]
learn forex currency trading online http://learnforex6.blogspot.com/
I seem to be missing something in my understanding of code I read the lessons and documents and feel I have a sort of basic knowledge of coding an EA, yet I seem to be lacking some major understanding. This is very hard for me to describe the question because I don't know exactly where I am missing...
[Deleted]
i am a forex trader but i cant write any code, please i need someone who can develop robot that will buy order using parabolic sar indicator and close order using zigzag indicator( i want a robot that will buy order once the first parabolic sar appear on buy direction and sell order when first...
I would like to know how many people here live trade without a stop loss. If you have constructive thoughts share them here with everyone on this forum. I will start this contraversial subject with a thought - If you are using a stoploss who's loss are you stopping - yours or the market's? How are...
  A/D divergence  (2)
Does anyone can share the A/D indicator showing divergence? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi ; i couldn t find any script that can open an order straight when the next candel open or when the current candel close .. does it exist ? i mean, i put this script during the current candel if i want to open an order direct when it close .. the stop loss will be juste under( over ) this current...