MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1113

[Deleted]
i am researching this site for somebody else. we are looking for specific capabilities including the following. - ability to test automated trading strategy on canned data. - ability to test automated strategy on live real market data. could somebody relatively knowledgeable about what this site
I currently have installed on my PC a number of different MetaTrader programs and am typically copying indicators and EAs from one program directory to another MetaTrader program directory. What I have noticed is that when I open a program to edit, within the MetaTrader editor, sometimes it is...
I am currently testing an EA that contains a custom indicator. The custom indicator has a 0 value for the time interval so that it computes off of the active chart. I currently have a 15 minute chart open with the custom indicator on the chart. When I ran the EA through the tester, I ran a number...
Hi experts, I create two EAs 1 for Long of currency pair EUR/USD and 1 for Short of EUR/USD. So, I create a method, that should change every ten minutes the StopLoss. However, for the Short-side it works, but for the Long-Side I get always the OrderModify Error 130. I do not understand why? I use...
[Deleted]
Hey guys, I found an interesting article on how forex rebates can lower your transaction costs. I think the article can be beneficial for almost all you forex traders out there, so I’ve posted it below so you can take a look. Basically, the article lays out exactly how forex rebates work, how they...
I am struggling with retrieving a single data value from MySQL. There are quite a few samples around both for MT4 and MT5. I have tried a few of them and they work. But they all retrieve complete rows of data from MySQL. I want to retrieve a single values with qualified SQL-statements. Something...
void init() { while ( WindowHandle ( Symbol (), 0)== 0 ) Print ( "wait until chart is fully loaded" ); if ( WindowHandle ( Symbol (), 0)!= 0 ) Print ( "chart is now fully loaded now indicator can start counting" ); return ( 0 ); } i try do that and my mt4 crashed, any one could help what i did wrong
  Trigonometry Memory Aid  (11   1 2)
Howdy all, I'm passing along a quick and easy little memory aid for Trigonometry that I picked up in Machining school decades ago. To this day I can instantly recall it and do all Trigonometry with it. All of these equations are for ^Right Angle = ^90 degree TriAngles. If the Triangle you need to...
[Deleted]
Hi all, If you want your ea to automatically determine the broker type (ECN or MM), is it save to say that if stoplevel or freezelevel returned by marketinfo is 0, you're dealing with an ECN broker and therefore you have to add your stop loss and and take profit with ordermodify? thanks!
[Deleted]
using stratmans mini charts, i found that it is posible to reduce the space between the bars on the chart, without reducing the bar size itself (or is it posible to resize the bars without modifiing the size between the bars). in mt4 the standard space between bars is a little too large for me. so i...
Is there an idicator which displays the vertical grid setting in MetaTrader4?
[Deleted]
Hi, I am getting errors showing "EAName EURUSD, M30: EURUSD, M30, ticket# SELL TrailingProfit err=0, 1.3804" and it appears that the EA is not modifying the SL for the selected ticket Could anyone please advise what seems to be the problem, many thanks!!! init(){if (Digits == 5 || Digits ==...
I have spent hours searching for code samples showing how to retrieve a single value from MySQL. All samples are returning complete rows. They work. But I want to do qualified retrivals like "Select xxx from table1 where yyy equals zzz". Tried a few variations but could not get it working
[Deleted]
Could someone please help because I am planning to switch to windows7. TIA
[Deleted]
I tried to buy a lot of size 4.024 . I got an error because my broker will only allow lots of in increments of .10 If I were to buy a lot size of 4.024 how can I make sure I it will automatically round to 4.000 or if I were to buy a lot size in my EA of size 4.386, it would round to 4.40. what...
Is my understanding correct that someone could compile a different language within a general purpose IDE (Integrated Development Environment)? Example compiling Mql4 from Note-Pad++, I think it'll be a matter of setting the path and checking error messages in windows shell...But I'm not sure if it's
[Deleted]
Hello, I am newbie, and I dont know about programing, I take a e.a. that close every order in loss. I only need that this e.a. do this every xxx minutes, not every time, only each xxx minutes (for example 120 minutes). //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Hi I'm writing an expert that runs on M2 off line chart. Now I'm trying to recall a double from M3 off line chart, but it doesn't work. I would expect to write the following iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_M3,"Pippo",0,0) but I don't find "PERIOD_M3" in the choice window. How can I solve? Thank you!
Hello all, I don't seem to be able to get the overlaycharts indicator to work? I've added other indicators with no problems but when I try to add the overlay to a chart nothing happens. I've tried changing colors and values etc. but still nothing? Has anyone else had this problem with perhaps a...
The problem for me is that i don't know what was last order MagicNumber. - I need to check open price of the last order even when I close and start again computer. If I know what was the magic number, than I could use this code... int OPrice; for(int...
[Deleted]
Ok so just recently managed to get pip data recording with the currency pair EUR/USD with excel 2007 on a workbook i had prepared from MT4 using DDE. I am having some difficulty though as i am trying to formulize the pip data first by totalling it per hour as thats the time frame im looking at, but
As you know, new is well forgotten old! So, while leafing through my archive, I came across a rather curious principle of trade management. And this principle applies to almost any trading system. Of course it must be at least marginally profitable, and it must have periods of account growth
Hi, Experts, Can this EA result be real? Will any broker allow it to be used without doing something to make it lose?
Hi, im trying to check for realtime profit levels during trade. Here is my code it gives profit after trade close. for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++) { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==false) break; iTotalTrades = OrdersTotal(); if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) {Profit=Bid-OrderOpenPrice();} if
Ive been a client with this broker for some time and pretty happy.. until now. They decided to replace 'instant' orders with 'market' orders.. whats the difference you ask? Well an instant order allows you to preset all of your order parameters (stoploss, takeprofit) and send that order using the...
[Deleted]
I have been working on this simple EA to get the hang of the programming language. It's not intended to be super profitable but more of a get rich slowly scheme while I suplement it with my trading expertise. My problem is that i can't get the trailing stop to be executed even when I set...
[Deleted]
Does the AccountBalance() function show the current equity balance in real time? For example, lets say I have 1 ea running and currently it is making a profit of 100.00 and lets say the opening balance in the account before the ea ran was 500.00. Will the AccountBalance() function show a value of...
[Deleted]
Hi I'm trying to create an indicator that shows the difference between the current (or last bar) OSMA value, and the maximum OSMA value over the last 5 bars. So far I've got the following: #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Yellow #property...
Hi, The subject line pretty well covers it: I am trying to figure out how to calculate the absolute Angle/Slope of the actual 'Line' of Line Charts as opposed to the CandleSticks or Bar charts: both in real time on every tick as well as being able to specify the number of ticks or to calculate the...
[Deleted]
hello every one i'm enterested in mostafa belkhyate and i hear that he is using center of gravity and the timing indicator recently i dicoverd that he was using something called (( gausian filter ))) can any one help me and bring me this (( gausian filter )) and...