Curly Bracket Management and Indentation

Are there any tools available for helping with setting indentation correctly and allowing an EA writer to see which curly braces are closing which earlier braces (e.g. through using the same colour as in Excel)? I spend a lot of time thinking this through and I'm sure that some of my thinking could be automated with the right utility.

It sure is a lot easier to follow the logic in the main programming language I've used before, Visual Basic.

Thanks.

1. There is no correct indentation, just standards
  2. I use notepad2 - syntax highlighting, highlighting matching parens/braces, code folding.

Thanks, have downloaded it. What scheme do you use for syntax highlighting ? C#? Also I can't see how to do code folding with it.

if you want to do a one-time alignment try this - http://astyle.sourceforge.net/astyle.html

it is a command line tool. I use it on code I have downloaded that is difficult to follow because of formating.

Thanks serpentsnoir, but what do I have to do to use it? I tried running the AStyle application but all that happened was that a small black screen popped up and disappeared.

Arbu:
Thanks, have downloaded it. What scheme do you use for syntax highlighting ? C#? Also I can't see how to do code folding with it.
  1. C++
  2. Did you get the main branch flo's freeware or the modified

OK, thanks. I've now downloaded the modified version and can see code folding there.
Reason: