MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 555

I understand that there is a variable called period_current which can be used in a script I have attached the same script to M1 and M5 time frame I have an alert which says "event triggered" however i am not sure if this alert was triggered by M1 or M5 Please assist
  Code help  (4)
Hi this is my 1st code I've complied without errors or warnings, however this EA code doesn't seem to work, any advise? //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                           MA.mq4...
This just started happening the other day and I can not figure out what is causing MT4 to do this. When opening a new chart through Market Watch it does not matter which currency pair I highlight and then select Chart Window, the chart that is opened is always GBPNZDi (my broker is Trader's Way and...
[Deleted]
I provide my custom comment to SendOrder() function, but when an order appears in Account History, it says in Comment "#12345, Placed by Expert". Do I need to change some other settings to make a custom comment to appear in there?
[Deleted]
hello im new at this programming mql4 i want to create a simple script, can someone help me? i need it to see 2nd last candle and open pending order 10 pips above the closing of that candle, with SL -80 pips, TP +60 pips. I have this code and it doesnt do anything #property version   "1.00"#property...
Hello, I want to trade with financial news but I need an API to connect the news on real time to Metatrader 4, do yo know a service to do that?  It is not a problem if I have to pay for this Beforehand, thank you very much.
GUYS: I try to test dll-calling in MQL4, so I build a test dll as following: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include < string > #include < string .h> #include <time.h> #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void HelloWorld(); void HelloWorld() {
  Error 130  (6)
Hi everyone, I am a newbie to MQL. I'm trying a testing EA. I am getting Error#130. Couldn't find the reason. Pls find the code below and copy of the journal below. double Buy_Signal = 0;double Sell_Signal = 0;int i = 0;int Total_Orders = 0;int Magic_Check = 0;double Lot_Check = 1;         int...
Hello, to all, how are you, I´m not a coder.... and I have problems when I try to compile, this errors appear; delete name expected expressions are not alowed on a global scope object pointer expected void delete (int type){   if(OrdersTotal()>0){      for(i=OrdersTotal();i>=0;i--){...
Hi,     For an object of type OBJ_RECTANGLE, am unable to set the fill and tool tip property             ObjectSetInteger( chartID, objName, OBJPROP_FILL, false );             ObjectSetString( chartID, objName, OBJPROP_TOOLTIP, callOut );   Regards Vivek                
[Deleted]
hello i want to create an EA that makes a pending order, with stop loss 80 pips and take profit 60 pips. I know it looks simple, but i keep getting the error 301 i think... can someone help me?
int Tip=OrderType(); if (Tip==5){ //SellStop if(OrderStopLoss() == OrderOpenPrice()){ } } <Russian language removed >
  Trailing code  (1)
Hello, I tried to use the following line, to create a stop at a certain gain level and (at the same time) a takeprofit modification, but I probably made a mistake, since the modification is not executed (the alert-sound is played sometimes): extern int TicketBuy,TicketSell; extern double...
Hello I been trading just 3 month and is intereted to do it, I learning the lenguage mql4  in my way to create a robot, but I just started it, I need some help I have a Adx indicator which draw in histogram bars under the chart, I set the alarm to it, but it sound in every single bar (histogram) and...
[Deleted]
is there any restriction on selecting a volume in mt4? what is the function of volume? suppose if I have 50$ in total money with my broker, what is the ideal volume in this case? at this stage I have .01 volume?
  To tito78  (4)
Hello, I have deleted your topic as you uploaded de-compiled code. This against forum rules and if you do it again, you may be banned. Thankyou FMIC for pointing this out.
#property copyright "Copyright 2016, Macdulio" #property link "macdulio.blogspot.co.uk" #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 7 #property indicator_color1 Crimson #property indicator_color2 Blue #define  NL    "\n" extern int       Range_n=34; extern int shift = 5; extern...
[Deleted]
<deleted>
No problem with code or anything.  Just wondering here before I set off on an adventure (that will probably end in a horrific crash.  :)   ) Is there any hard and fast limitations on how many global variables that can be set? 
[Deleted]
I am working on an EA and this is not checking every hour on the open of the candle when the D+ is above the 21 in ADX. Can someone help me out here with this please. In short I want this to alert me at every open candle when the D+ is above 21. bool EnterOpenBar= true ; datetime
Hi Guys I'm trying to create a Histogram based on the previous High/Low values of a :ZigZag" type of indicator called Swing_ZZ.mq4... But I'm just not getting it right.... If someone could point me in the right direction here I'd appreciate it... Thanx This is the jist of the Swing_ZZ indi
Hi, the function PlaySound(...) plays the soundfile that must be located in terminal_directory\Sounds or its sub-directory. How can I play a sound file from the C:\Windows\Media path?
[Deleted]
Hello, I see this in Logs (Order is locked). What does this mean, please?   
Hi guys, Im new here, i've read many articles about some estrategies and money management. Well, i have studied some about lots calculation (exponential and others), then i just think in some strategy that could be calculate using some relation of Volume (ATR), risk per trade and tick value....
Hi I have an EA which runs at 7.01 a.m. and it active on a 4 hour chart. I need to obtain the Open values on the hourly chart so am using the line of code PriceAtSevenOpen = iOpen(0,PERIOD_H1,0); When printing out the value "PriceAtSevenOpen" it intermittently returns a 0.0 or wrong value
New article How to copy signals using an EA by your rules? has been published: When you subscribe to signals, such situation may occur: your trade account has a leverage of 1:100, the provider has a leverage of 1:500 and trades using the minimal lot, and your trade balances are virtually equal — but...
Hello, We want to create an EA for back-testing purposes only. We are trying to make a simple code with the following criteria: It should send a buy order when there have been three consecutive bars with ascending closing prices in all three of them, altogether. The code we have is:...
For some reason, MT4 tester journal feature cannot find specific keywords, regardless of case.   I attach a screenshot showing several attempts to search.  But this bug exist for over a year now.    side question:  Why they have to be case sensitive? People need to find simple search terms, should...
Dear All, I'm very new to mql4, may I know what is all these means? #define SIGNAL_NONE 0#define SIGNAL_BUY   1#define SIGNAL_SELL  2#define SIGNAL_CLOSEBUY 3#define SIGNAL_CLOSESELL 4 Thank you
Hello traders. Is here good person to help me how to tune price/time font in axes? Please see picture. Thx!