Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 841

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi I need a skilled programmer able to integrate MT4 with Interactivebrokers
Hello all. I am trying to learn MQL scripting so that I can start coding my strategies. As such, I would really appreciate and would be grateful if somone could help me in creating a simple EMA crossover EA. The rules are really basic. Lets say you have a slow moving average (i.e. 3) and a fast...
I have DDE running linked to an Excel spreadsheet (Excel 2002 SP3). Everything runs OK except that I can't get a value for EURUSD. In addition, this always comes up lower case in the cell, even if I switch off Spelling, AutoCorrect etc etc. Has anybody come across this before, or have a solution...
Hello, I'm not able to get any expert to trade, even the build-in samples. Live trading is enabled on both the Tools->Options->Expert Advisors page and the expert properties page. Expert Advisosrs are started and the "smylie" faces are on the charts but no trade. Is there something else to switch on...
Can someone help me add an email alert to the indicator attached ? It is a smoothed MA that currently signals when a cross occurs. I would very much appreciate any help to add an email alert. Thank you
Hello all, Im looking for a Exit Strategy for my system. Actually i Enter at right Point but dont know exactly where and when to exit. any useful comment or if is there any good pdf file will be helpful. Thanks in Advanced,
Hi All I wonder if anyone trading the markets with their mobiles (phones,pda etc) here. If thats the case, then i would like to hear a little about your experience if you dont mind. I mean, how is it? Is it the same like trading with the PC/Laptop? Can we use indicators etc? And everything else...
Hello to everyone in the forum I am a forex trader (swing trader) and developed some systems in Mt4 (that i am trading with some brokers), some people want me to manage some money for them and the want to use a different FX provider. The problem is that this provider doesn't have MT4. Any good...
Hi, I have seen many sources that use strings put into order comment as method to learn close reason. Like "[TP]" or "[SL]" or even "expiration". My issue with this is that I not think is reliable. I have read that is MT tester that does this. In real life trading there must be some way to decide on...
  Forex Newbie (44   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi all, I am a newbie. I hope that I will learn a lot in this forum.
anybody have website or program to know the pric when market is closed
Hi, I am unable to receive quotes or charts from the three demo accounts I have with three brokers. This only happened this weekend. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems. Thanks. Raymond.
Hi Obviously I'm new, very "green' and not very computor literate!!! I want to put 4hr pivot points (published in forexaction.com) on a 1hr chart daily pivot points on a 4 hour chart and 1 hour pivot points on a 1 hr chart! Metatrader4 doesn't have a pivot point indicator (that i can find) Any help...
Hello, I would translate gladly mql the manual on my language and would make as homepage everyone accessible. is permitted general. do I have to consider something?
Does anyone know how to print a thread that will include the charts? It seems the Thread Tool for a printable version will only print the text and a link to the image instead of the actual image. Even though I have read through the entire thread, sometimes I just want a refresher as to what I have...
Hi All, I need code for the following function: I need to search back over any given number of bars and return the bar index # and the value of the bar with the greatest range from High to Low. i.e. something like: for(int i=1;i<50;i++){double range=high[i]-low[i];} Then I need to find which...
The definition of GlobalVariableSetOnCondition() says : << If there is no global variable, the function will generate error ERR_GLOBAL_VARIABLE_NOT_FOUND (4058) and return FALSE >> But if you execute :Print( "GlobalVariableSetOnCondition( \"GV_TEST\", 1.0, 2.0 ) returns "...
  News? (1)
Hello, Is there a way to programatically search news items that appear on the News TAB on the Terminal window? Thank you, -charliev
  Mobile 5 (1)
Hello, Are there any .DLLs or an SDK available for Mobile 5? Thanks, -charliev
This is a regression channel program I came across. I have an idea that would help people filter out trend versus sideways markets. If the program could be modified to manually adjust the deviation from center line and incorporate an angle degree of tilt of the regression channel it would...
I keep many notes on coding. I do not have one to code this properly. I have researched string and others . . . to no avail. Please help! if(tradedirection==1) TD="UP"; Dave<<< Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
Hello, I'm looking for a trend osc that will show me the condition of trend (up/down). Now, the osc must act in a simple way, sine wave runing inside its envelope, the sine wave must be abit compressed, it means that the slope will be abit sharp and the up/down side will be abit flat, i would also...
Hi, My Name Is Mike I am very new on this forum and I trade manually on the forex since 2006. I have an indicator which is in MT4 that I would like to make a EA (Moving Average) . I have a Template file which you can put on any diagram. And I all will explain you in detail how to make the EA and all...
iBarShift() ... the function will return -1 or the nearest bar shift depending on the exact... The "nearest" keeps always an ambiguity, so I suggest that the function returns the first bar which time is less than or equal to the specified time. Please, look at this very common example : I have an...
Hi, I wish to change the color of a line (by a right click or/and by an expert) in the Trading panel. When we use different symbols or trading methods it's not so easy to see the difference in the grid. Thanks for your great work! Kind regards, Vincent
Hi, Anybody please help me with the following code, which is in an indicator that draw lines showing ceiling and floor of today's price......it uses DAY HIGH and LOW price as quote. The problem is: when price breaks thru (i.e. new ceiling/floor price occurs) , the lines do not refresh automatically...
I believe this is the "Brick Indicator" from Tradestation....I KNOW that I have "bumped" into it in MT4 also.....any help would be appreciated!!! THX:)
  Debugging an EA (11   1 2)
Hello, I need some advice on debugging MQL code. I've written an EA based on a system I formulated, but it needs to be debugged and I can't figure out how to do that in MT4. Any suggestions on how to debug an MA?